Car Values?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Car Values? in General Discussion; Why are Eldorados worth more then other comparable Cadillacs with the exception of the Cadillac STS like for instance my ...
    Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

Car Values?

Why are Eldorados worth more then other comparable Cadillacs with the exception of the Cadillac STS like for instance my caddy is a 1998 Eldorado with almost 170k on it and its value is $3,244 in good condition but when I get a value for a 1998 deville with the same mileage and options its only worth $1,666

also i noticed even the Cadillacs in 2001 or worth much less then my high mileage Eldorado is KBB unreliable or is there something really happening

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Car Values?

Maybe the pricing has something to do with supply and demand ??? The car pricing companies adjust frequently to account for national sales figures of every car in the country.

Your car - ESC or ETC ?

How many Eldorados do you see in a day - compared to Deville types ?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiaman111 View Post
    is KBB unreliable or is there something really happening
    Compare the KBB price with NADA and see how they compare. You could also compare the prices to Autotrader and Cars.com, but you must take into consideration that those are asking prices.

2manyhotrods is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
    Rarity. I doubt I see more than two Eldoados per week in my travels of Eastern Massachusetts.
    Attached Images
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Yeah DeVilles, espescially in your era, were FAR more common than Eldorados.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I don't think rarity has much to do with it. I can think of many, many cars that are rare but bring prices that are below what more common cars. I think the premium (if that's what you want call it) that is shown for both Eldorados ETC and Seville STS is a factor of these cars uniquely attractive styling and these cars overall all performance and handling that comes with their Northstar system. While we are continuously reminded, here on the forums ( many exist and age with no head problems), of the Northstar engine's propensity for head gasket failure, the performance and reliability that these cars are capable of delivering is rather unique in the luxury market, especially at the price these cars can be bought. Their attractive, unique body style definitely set them apart from other Cadillac offerings of the last two decades.

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

No, I own a base model Eldorado and I rarely see them on the road but I know of at least 5 Eldorado owners in my area but they never drive them and always kept in a garage there also around my model year

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I don't think rarity has much to do with it. I can think of many, many cars that are rare but bring prices that are below more common cars. I think the premium (if that's what you want call it) that is shown for both Eldorados ETC and Seville STS is a factor of these cars uniquely attractive styling and these cars overall all performance and handling that comes with their Northstar system. While we are continuously reminded, here on the forums, of the Northstar engine's propensity for head gasket failure, the performance and reliability that these cars are capable of delivering is rather unique in the luxury market, especially at the price these cars can be bought. Their attractive, unique body style definitely set them apart from other Cadillac offerings of the last two decades.

This

aghgrn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS Sport traded for 2002 Eldorado ECS #1427

2002 Eldorado = last big TWO door V8 Cadillac ever - almost the last big V8 2 door American car - they have a small but kind of dedicated following as indicated by the production numbers - 06-07 Monte Carlo SS is only other thing even close afterward (and it is a Chevy so to many it didn't count - but you will see it has a higher value than the Impala). Traditionally cars were drawn and styled as two door. In virtually all collectible cars the two door is worth more than the four door. There are some foreign ones (Mercedes, BMW, but not the same). Devilles could be replaced by a newer 4 door big V8 Cadillac (DTS). Not sure XTS is making the same splash (V6) so the last gen DTSs may hold value slightly better. Some like the old stuff. I do notice KBB is much higher than Edmunds.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

in the last few months i have probably seen a few dozen Sevilles STS and SLS about double that in devilles and maybe a hand full of eldorado's down here in south florida

brandondeleo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): A dead Chrysler, a dead Cadillac, and a living Chrysler.

I can understand the desirability of an Eldorado over say, a DeVille, but I find it funny how in different places they're seen with different frequency. Eldorados are on every damn corner here, even moreso than DeVilles.
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Eldorados in Laramie are a freaking rarity. Dunno if I've ever seen one TBH. 97-99 DeVilles are present in high single digits, and 94-96s are fairly rare.
    77CDV likes this.

RetiredSFC 97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I don't think rarity has much to do with it. I can think of many, many cars that are rare but bring prices that are below what more common cars. I think the premium (if that's what you want call it) that is shown for both Eldorados ETC and Seville STS is a factor of these cars uniquely attractive styling and these cars overall all performance and handling that comes with their Northstar system. While we are continuously reminded, here on the forums ( many exist and age with no head problems), of the Northstar engine's propensity for head gasket failure, the performance and reliability that these cars are capable of delivering is rather unique in the luxury market, especially at the price these cars can be bought. Their attractive, unique body style definitely set them apart from other Cadillac offerings of the last two decades.

I don't know if you're correct but I like your answer anyway. Sounds good to me.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by aghgrn View Post
    2002 Eldorado = last big TWO door V8 Cadillac ever -
    Cough, Cough, Cough . . . .

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    What about a '78 Eldorado? They look like crap...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.