Lexus is Fixed and im driving it not happy but they will be dealt with Monday
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Lexus is Fixed and im driving it not happy but they will be dealt with Monday in General Discussion; ok so here are a few pictures from after the repair also some items damaged i will go back on ...
    ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

Lexus is Fixed and im driving it not happy but they will be dealt with Monday

ok so here are a few pictures from after the repair
    also some items damaged i will go back on monday and deal with them about those
    they will be buying me a new dash board cover
    due to the tear in it
    they will have to repaire the damage they did to the door jam
    and also replace a driver side inside A Pillar that is totally dirty i don't think it can be cleaned they already did a detail on the entire car and if it could come off it would have

also went i got there at 11 the car was not near doen they had not even buffed or detailed it you got to be screwing me right
    so i ended up sitting around for 4 hours whyll they did a full presidential detail free of charged
    its ok i spend some time on the roof at the putting green roof top patio
    massage chairs sandwich bar

got the car when it was ready about 3:30 got in fuel was so low the car was chugging
    ac was blowing Ice hot LOL
    wasn't even recharged all body shop people where gone so they took it in at service to recharge it The Service Consultant and Manger i deal with took care of that
    then when they brought the car around they smelt coolant

so they took it back in to check out didn't see any leaks
    but smelt it took it on a good road run and burned out didn't smell anymore from coolant
    will also go back in tomorrow for them to check again and make sure its all good they just want to check tomorrow

so that all sucked lol
    here are pictures i am going to ask them when they are fixing these other issues to take care of a few non related issues in good faith favor to keep me coming back to the dealer as a customer if they don't they loose me there is a small indent on the trunt looks like something feel on it from a tree they can remove it paintless and a scratch on the rear bumper on side they can sand that down and do a spot repair if they won't do that they won't see me there anymore
    talismandave likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: Lexus is Fixed and im driving it not happy but they will be dealt with Monday

Looks like they did a reasonable job, but sucks that they took so long and there still is stuff left over. Hopefully they get things right for ya TP.

Re: Lexus is Fixed and im driving it not happy but they will be dealt with Monday

yeah no im not saying they don't do a good job what they did do 95% of it is perfect it would be a 100% if they just changed a few things which i am going to bring to them on monday to address and for them to decide what they want to do about it

there is no question in the fact that the cover to the dash board will need to be recovered or replace which is a shame for just that little tear in the material but its a tear that does not belong there because it was not there before
    and they can't blame it on the insurance to pay because it had nothing to do with the accident it has to do with how they handled and stored the dash when out of the car or takeing it out

the same with the door jam has to do with probably that seat track scraping it the way the 2 lines line up perfect where they are

i still thing the bumper could be a lined a little better there is one area that is out maybe a clip came loose but other than that the major structure damage is good no issues its straig as an arrow on the highway no pulling or anything
    no shaking or vibrations

not even a rattle behind the dash not a creaking sound anywhere actualy if you ask me it even quieter then it was before lol

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I must of missed the memo on the crash...

KOT

Went to the Lexus dealer today after school to sit down and speak with the People in charge that can make decisions

The Director of the Body Shop even told me that He told everyone to not let me take my care untill he gets to test it out and make sure its all good
    and then they let me leave with it without listening to what he said
    he had yelled at them all and took a pound of flesh verbally from them
    for letting it leave without even checking it to make sure its safe

the Radiator condenser was leaking thats why the problem with the ac and also the coolant smell

The director of the Body shop is addressing and resolving the issues with the dash board
    he contacted Lexus they agree to pay for half of the dash board
    and the dealer is gong to pay for the other half of the dash
    thats 1800 plus the labor 4.5 hours
    also they will repair other issues that i am not happy with

I didn't want to be put in another Nissan from Hertz i told them
    he told me to keep the GS350 loaner they put me in Sunday and just keep it until my car is ready

apparently the issue with the radiator and the condenser could have cost them 10000 for a new engine if i had taken it and drove it to school today and if it had overheated that would have been a major issue
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

There are dozen of such stories about collision repairs in the forums right now. Based on these stories, it seems that the owner can be better off if the car gets totaled rather than going through all of these processes, because it won't be the same afterwards! Pup, when you posted the pics, I told you that there might be more hidden damage down there..... But anyway, it seems that they are taking care of you and your car, and hopefully it will be all OK at the end! Meanwhile, enjoy the GS! How do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    There are dozen of such stories about collision repairs in the forums right now. Based on these stories, it seems that the owner can be better off if the car gets totaled rather than going through all of these processes, because it won't be the same afterwards! Pup, when you posted the pics, I told you that there might be more hidden damage down there..... But anyway, it seems that they are taking care of you and your car, and hopefully it will be all OK at the end! Meanwhile, enjoy the GS! How do you like it?
    yeah you said that thats right more hidden damage down there
    the last thing they found hidden and wrong was like 5 weeks ago the thing that has taken the most time is that every time they had to stop for the insurance to approve a supplement they had to take my care out and bring the next car in it hasn't been any hidden damage in the past 5 weeks

the problem has been getting it in on the line and taken care of the actual repair is finished im happy with the outcome of the body work one or 2 things need to be taken care off

but main issue is a few of the parts the radiator and the condenser here bad parts to begin with

and then the the rest is actual damage

not always are you bette offf tottaling a ca some thing you ae
    i am one who doesn't agree with that
    i think fixing a car is always a bette choice unless it was a brand new car then i would fight for the Insurance to replace it with a new car

but its a car that is 6 years old
    and there was no mechanical failure not a flood car it was a accident
    and once its fixed it will be fine
    the car did drive on the highway perfect without a issue

so its not the repair thats the problem

so many people would rather have there car tottaled out for me it easy to just have it fixed it just shows how a Lexus really holds its value compared to other vehicles

and after owning a Cadillac and a Lexus i actualy like the way Lexus conducts business

i just heard a few days ago about Lexus paying 10k to fix a car the engine went bad due to a bad watter pump the car was 7 years old and had 110k on it it was 1100 miles outside of a CPO warranty and all the owner had to pay was 1000 to go towards the Labor

now you tell me another company that would do that ?

yeah the GS is cool i like the older 06-2011 or 12 body styles better not a real fan of the new GS

Aron9000 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

^ The one time I took my Lexus to to the dealer(uneven tire wear issue, just needed an alignment), they treated me like royalty. This coming from a bum driving a 21 year old car and couldn't even afford to lease a new IS250. I know why people stick with Lexus, as when they do have a problem, the service is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    ^ The one time I took my Lexus to to the dealer(uneven tire wear issue, just needed an alignment), they treated me like royalty. This coming from a bum driving a 21 year old car and couldn't even afford to lease a new IS250. I know why people stick with Lexus, as when they do have a problem, the service is fantastic.
    yeah the dealer told me if i had of been the first owner of the vehicle lexus said they would have paid 75 % of the part and not just 50%

also they go by how much you spend in service and all over the years

but there is a reason why most lexus dealers charge 149.99 to 179.99 an hour for labor its because the cars never breka down so they never get to make that much off them lol

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup
    also they go by how much you spend in service and all over the years
    ...Well in that case, someone owes me a CTS V.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    ...Well in that case, someone owes me a CTS V.

how do you figure ?
    if thats the case then
    GM owes me a STS-V from 3 years back lol

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup
    how do you figure ?
    They base how much they spend on customers on how much time and money they spend at the dealers, so - All the parts I buy through Chris and locally, all the money I spent on diagnosing the electrical problems when I first bought the car (which ended up being just a chaffed wire ), all the money I spend on service when I can't or won't do something without a lift, all the crap they put me through when they scratched my quarter panel and had to redo the repair 3 times... oh, and the 3 PLUS MONTHS of BS they put me through when they wouldn't cover my warrantied AIR pump...

Phantom Grey, sedan or wagon, with chrome rims please .
    ThumperPup and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    They base how much they spend on customers on how much time and money they spend at the dealers, so - All the parts I buy through Chris and locally, all the money I spent on diagnosing the electrical problems when I first bought the car (which ended up being just a chaffed wire ), all the money I spend on service when I can't or won't do something without a lift, all the crap they put me through when they scratched my quarter panel and had to redo the repair 3 times... oh, and the 3 PLUS MONTHS of BS they put me through when they wouldn't cover my warrantied AIR pump...

Phantom Grey, sedan or wagon, with chrome rims please .
    call Chris up maybe he can help you out let him know what you want lol

im going to trade the 2013 GS350 tomorrow for a ES350 or a RX350 im not really likeing the new GS models compared to the 06 -2011 models where better i think

Chris got a call for rear control arms today, and he wouldn't even give me those for free .

lol damm that just sucks
    you just have to move over to lexus like i did they wiill treat you better lol
    MoistCabbage likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.