Anyone familiar with Pocher 1/8th scale models?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By orconn
  • 2 Post By orconn
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Anyone familiar with Pocher 1/8th scale models? in General Discussion; Pocher 1/8th car models are considered by many to be the epidome of scale model car models (at least as ...
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Anyone familiar with Pocher 1/8th scale models?

Pocher 1/8th car models are considered by many to be the epidome of scale model car models (at least as far as mass produced models go). The models are very large and very detailed and the first series the "Classic" line are made from high quality plastic, brass, stainless steel, real leather and rubber parts.

To say these models are intricate is perhaps an understatement. The cylinders in the engine go up and down when the crank is rotated. The windows on some models crank up and down inside opening and closing passenger doors. A very small switch on the dash board turns the headlights on and off. The wire wheels are all metal (stainless steel) and assemble spoke by spoke, the knock offs hub caps are cast and turned from stainless. These models, when complete measure up to 24 inches long. All in all a magnificent car model.

I have been fortunate to own a factory built model of the company's Alfa Romeo 1932 Spider for over 35 years. This model was a distributor floor model came in its' own wood and glass display case, and even after all these years remains in mint condition.

The Alfa is very nice and certainly the crowning jewel of my model car collection, But I have always wanted to build one myself (or at least partially myself). Every once in awhile I would check out what was selling on Ebay and last night put in a ridiculously low bid on a car that only had a couple of hours left on its' auction.

Much to my surprise my bid of $122.00 won. I think people were put off by the $40.00 professional packing and shipping fee. To be honest I didn't expect to win the model and was very surprised when I did.

The model, Rolls-Royce Sedanca de Ville appears to have much of the very intricate and demanding assembly already done on it (thank God the wire wheels are all completely finished, as is the drive train. But there is still enough left to do to keep me busy over the Winter.

One always takes a chance when buying Pocher models that the kit will be missing parts. This can be a problem since the company went out of business in the early nineties and parts have to be bought from existing stocks in private hands.

I hope this Rolls model turns out well as I want to, someday, give both models to my grandson's.

Here are some pictures of the new to me model Rolls and of one of the Alfa Spider:

Attachment 146682

Attachment 146690

Attachment 146698

Attachment 146706

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Anyone familiar with Pocher 1/8th scale models?

The Pocher Rolls-Royce Sedanca de Ville that I bought last week on Ebay arrived today. True to his word the seller had it professionally pack in two boxes. Having unpacked the model this afternoon I was pleasantly surprised to see the expert packing paid off as the model arrived in perfect shape.

It is about 90% completed and the work, so far is to a very high standard. All the chassis and wheel work, the two most difficult assembly tasks, are already complete and about all I have to do is assemble and attach the body parts to the frame and hook up the electrical system so the lights will light up with the turn of a tiny switch on the dash board. I also have to put the doors and door glass (the glass rolls up and down by turning the small handle on the door) and installing the operation door handle and latches, should be fun.

I am going to take my time and do the best job I can so that it turns out to be the amazing quality model that these 1/8th scale Pocher models can be.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Glad to hear it all arrived in good shape. That should help you make it through the winter!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    The Pocher Rolls-Royce Sedanca de Ville that I bought last week on Ebay arrived today. True to his word the seller had it professionally pack in two boxes. Having unpacked the model this afternoon I was pleasantly surprised to see the expert packing paid off as the model arrived in perfect shape.

It is about 90% completed and the work, so far is to a very high standard. All the chassis and wheel work, the two most difficult assembly tasks, are already complete and about all I have to do is assemble and attach the body parts to the frame and hook up the electrical system so the lights will light up with the turn of a tiny switch on the dash board. I also have to put the doors and door glass (the glass rolls up and down by turning the small handle on the door) and installing the operation door handle and latches, should be fun.

I am going to take my time and do the best job I can so that it turns out to be the amazing quality model that these 1/8th scale Pocher models can be.
    Nice job orconn! Glad you found one you like

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.