New Member Intro:
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By CTSPiper
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, New Member Intro: in General Discussion; Greetings and Salutations Cadillac Forum members. After years of meticulous care to my Silver 2000 Audi A4 2.8L V-6, Avant ...
    CTSPiper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 3.6L AWD Sportwagon

New Member Intro:

Greetings and Salutations Cadillac Forum members. After years of meticulous care to my Silver 2000 Audi A4 2.8L V-6, Avant Quattro (Wagon), I sold it; rather I ran screaming from the car. Audi parts entered the realm of Porsche. Every time the Avant sneezed, it cost more than the car was worth. How to replace the essence and niche that car filled without being German or Swedish?

From Kevin Costner's Field of Dreams movie..."If you build it, they will come..." I had never seen a Cadillac CTS "Sport Wagon" until my motorsports friend John brought it to my attention and consideration. The CTS Sport Wagon was just about love at first sight. A test drive and a look into the engine bay of the 3.6L with the prominent aluminum "girder" that joins the shock towers just slapped me in the face with "This is meant to be a serious driver's car." Found me a red one. Here I am. the rest will be history. My forum name? Why yes, I am a bagpiper...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: New Member Intro:

Hoot mon! My Scottish Terrier and I welcome you to the Forums! I too am a survivor of an Audi experience. I too had an Audi Avant, a 1985 5000S. Never again! It was sweet design, and lured me into seven years (kept having to drive the cost of repairs, but never did) aside from being a Volkswagen with Porsche illusions and expenses, the quality of the car's components were so bad that I had to replace many of them two and three times in only sixty thousand miles.

But be encouraged, there is life after Audi ownership! I was rewarded for my time in Audi purgatory with the best car I have ever owned, my 1992 Alfa Romeo 164S .... no problems, owned it for ten happy years. Today I drive my very well reserved 1995 Cadillac Seville STS (my second best car) and am very happy to be without German engineering!

Hope you enjoy your CTS in the coming years and, once again, welcome to the Forums!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Sounds like a sweet ride! Let's see the Caddy

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.