Had to go to the ER today...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Had to go to the ER today... in General Discussion; Well i was at work today in BJ's doing Deli and around 2 o'clock i sliced my finger open on ...
    Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Had to go to the ER today...

Well i was at work today in BJ's doing Deli and around 2 o'clock i sliced my finger open on the slicer.... None stop bleeding for 7 hours. Costumer was more worried about her damn cheese then me getting sliced. So i walk into the back room so the Costumers did not have to see blood and my buddy was back there and he tried helping. Then he contacted the Manager saying i got cut and it really does not look good. So after the Manager came she says go to HR and file for workers comp. So i go and well she says you need to go to our doctor NOW no waiting. So since i did not take my car to work and really i would not have wanted to drive they called home but no one picked up so asset protection came and said they will take me to there DR. Well i get there and they said we can't do anything for you its to bad.. Also no one left me alone since i started to look pale and not to good like i was about to pass out. My Mother comes thank god and she drove me to the ER. We get there at 2:30 and waited and waited... Then the doctor comes and say's i'm not sure if we can save the piece of skin that was hanging from my index finger. Because its been to long and well it has some life left in it and we are unsure if we can save it. I got 7 shots. 3 of them to numb my finger so they can stitch it up and try to save it. Thing was i felt everything the pain from the shots were bad enough but the stitch's going in.... I almost bit my tong. So now i'm home relaxing and giving my finger a brake i can hardly pull my pants up since my hand is pretty messed up also. Workers Comp is picking up the tab and i'm on light duty for now untill i see their doctor and he will deciede what i can and can't do.

I'm wrighting with one finger so sorry for the mess ups.

Here is a photo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Had to go to the ER today...

Sorry to hear of your mishap. And we all thought changing oil was dangerous. Oh well, what do we know!
    Kingoftypos likes this.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

That gives a new meaning to "giving your job the finger"!

Take care. Hope they can get you back together.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Sorry to hear and hope it all works out with the reattached skin.

On a side note I think your deli manager was an idiot for not instantly recognizing that your injury was bad enough that it required a surgeon ASAP

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Geez, Wes! Sorry to hear about your mishap. Make sure to keep all the paperwork and documentation, esp from the company doc. Memorialize everything in writing to protect yourself from a wrongful termination, harassment, or discrimination. Companies love to do that crap when an employee files for worker's comp.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

OUCH! Get well soon dude!

There was no paper work the hospital is sending the bill to them. But if i get fired i'm sueing no doubt.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    If they can't save the skin and your finger is disfigured, make sure you make claim to WC, for compensation, got my fingers caught in 2 1/2 ton
    press got some pretty nasty scars and didn't know that I should have been compensated until after it was to late. Hope you feel better soon.
    Cadillac Kid03 likes this.

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    Yes he was an idiot for not sending immediately. I've seen some & had a nasty slicer injury. I can tell you losing skin off top of a finger never does heal and mine hurts when I whack it still. The needles they jab in your finger makes the injury seem like nothing don't it. Do yourself a favor when it comes time to get stitches out and take pain meds before and soak them at home before you go.

Quote Originally Posted by rodnok01 View Post
    Yes he was an idiot for not sending immediately. I've seen some & had a nasty slicer injury. I can tell you losing skin off top of a finger never does heal and mine hurts when I whack it still. The needles they jab in your finger makes the injury seem like nothing don't it. Do yourself a favor when it comes time to get stitches out and take pain meds before and soak them at home before you go.
    Nice your really making me feel better! lol what ever it is what it is. But i fell if i did not have to wait 5 hours to see a doctor it could have had a better chance of saving it. Thanks everyone for the best wish's i need em! I can't even go to the bathroom that easy now! haha

Make sure you take all the antibiotics they gave you. You do NOT want a case of cellulitis or worse, gangrene.
    orconn likes this.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

oh man that is not good at all and i understand being in food service the dangers we take
    but really wish you the best and i hope that you heal up well soon

if you end up with a flat spot on your finder from the skin not being there or not being able to be saved
    don't worry there are lots of great chefs that have flat spots from slicers and knives and sharp stuff

youll be ok once it heals up im sure of it

get well soon
    orconn likes this.

Thanks everyone well i got a apint tomrrow at the workers comp DR and then i'm back to work on light duty. I don't know how they expect me to do anything with this but we will see.

Greeter!

I'm not sure if i can even do that!! lol I can hardly fill out paper work, Pull up my pants.... I don't know but we shall see.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.