Post your audio setup!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Post your audio setup! in General Discussion; The "what are you listening to" thread got me thinking. What do you listen with? Home, car, boat, whatever. We ...
    Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust

Post your audio setup!

The "what are you listening to" thread got me thinking. What do you listen with? Home, car, boat, whatever. We all like nice things here, so go ahead and showoff your setup.

I used to have a nice home theater but sold it a few years back due to hard times. Also had a pretty wicked system in my 93 Z28 that was sold to pay for tech school, but I still have the system in my garage. CDT AUDIO Eurosport components with magnesium baskets and Kevlar cones and an image tweeter set. Jl 12w3. All powered by an Alpine V12 (bridged) and Jl 250/1. I never had a rear stage, I set up my sound so it appears the music is emanating from the center of my dashboard. When you close your eyes and it sounds like Fleetwood Mac is performing "Tusk" under your windshield, you're doing it right. I'm definitely more Sq over SPL. Hoping to install it in my CTS one day. My dad accidentally sold my amps at a garage sale while I was living in NY. :P For my next system, I'd like to use the components I have and go all Digital Designs for the amps and sub.

I also have a set of Bose QC3's and my favorites, Digital Designs DD DXB1.1 buds. DD is about to release a set of cans and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Re: Post your audio setup!

I switched my original radio in my 70 Eldorado to a modern one with classic look: RetroSound. I have very nice speakers that give a great sound, including the low tones without a subwoofer. It makes the ride more enjoyable when you can listen to good music and the audio system supports modern technique.

I have also Bose QC3 to listen to music while I work. I aquired them when I was flying weekly between Toulouse and Hamburg for 2 1/2 years. Best comfort purchase I made!

My Citroen C5 has a pretty good sound system from Phillips, but it is far from Bose quality I had in the CTS and SRX. In the beginning I was very disappointed about the sound quality in the Citroen, but after a tip I insulated the inside of the doors with bitumen slabs. Not only keeps the wind and road noise out, but it also improved the sound from the speakers in the door by 100%! I went from no bass (even with bass boost and bass setting to full) to full bass performance and a great balance.
    I still have to do the rear doors...

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

In the house, late 70's Pioneer receiver, completely refurbished. Speakers are massive Cerwin Vega full range, stand about 4' tall, 12" woofers in them. The receiver was a mid line unit, not top of the line in terms of wattage and features. Turn it past 7 and it will shake the pictures off the walls literally. No need for a subwoofer with this setup. Seriously this setup straight kicks a@@ for all the metal I listen to, its very balanced, great mids and highs.

lacville78 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 77 Cadillac CDV

Don't know if it counts, but I pieced together a modest system for my PS3. I used a PC Power Supply Unit to power a 800watt Chaos Amp that runs two Kenwood 6 x 9s. Not the best in the world, but it makes playing call of duty Awesome! Now in my cars I've never installed anything, but I have bought some that came with an aftermarket head unit and 6 x 9s in the rear. My brother and his friend are a different story. My brother managed to shove two Kicker 15 inch subs in his 85 Corvette, and his friend took it a step further and put 4 15 inch kicker subs in his 88 Olds 88. I think he has 3 amps in there too, two for the subs, and another one for the mids.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

All of this, for hundreds of members, is posted and covered in "What are you listening to" and in Discussions, Item Specific: Audio, Video, Security.

Lots of past threads on audio have been posted and died - Google "cadillac forums audio system discussion" or something close, always preceded by " cadillac forums ...... ".

I run all tube gear and electrostatic speakers (MartinLogan VISTA) from 120 Hz up. Made the woofer cabinets, installed NHT 1249's driven by a 450 wpc Fosgate fed from a Marchand crossover. Turntable is an Oracle DELPHI-III with SME IV-iv arm and Lyra Kleos MC; Magnum Dynalab analog tuner; Klyne SK-5A or Bryston 12B preamp; Harman Kardon CD-491 cassette; NjoeTjoeb 4000 tube output CD player; primary amp is a VAC PA 100/100 KT-88 tube unit; all handmade Kimber Kable.......... 2800 LP's, 400+ CD's. Lotsa toys. Nitty Gritty 1.5 record cleaning machine. Three dedicated, filtered 20 amp circuits, 12 plugs in the wall behind the cabinet. The goose cavity now holds a pair of AES SixPacks - monoblock EL-34 amps.
    Cadillac_Fan likes this.

......... a shot of an earlier setup using EPOS M-5 monitors on lead-filled 22" stands. Great little speakers - still have them. That's 1/3 of the LP's .........
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

That's a hell of a getup submariner :thumbup: Bummer on the previous threads though lol.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Wow....my systems are going to sound like horrid crap next to sub's system
    Bedroom system: Denon DRA400 reciever, Sony TC630ES tape deck, Sony CDP-70 CD player, Sony PS-LX510 linear tracking turntable, RCA-SPK100 speakers. (And in case anyone just went WTF, why RCA speakers, it's because they are not really RCAs. They are rebranded (and uuber rare ones at that) Onkyo M55 ii 's. They were not sold stateside AFAIK.
    I'll put up my living room setup and den setup (still in progress) later.

I've been an "audiophile" since my Dad taught me how to build EICO and Heath kits back in the 50's - DIY everything in kit form from tuners to oscilloscopes. Have 9 different Hickok tube testers ......... and tons of parts, all from the 40's, 50's and early 60's.

Want tubes ???? This is a tiny fraction of my stash - and these are all New Old Stock Amperex Bugle Boys, scored in 1994 at a medical equipment sale for 10¢ apiece - you would croak if you knew what they are worth in the market today. The blue top boxes are some mid 80's Czech EL-34 (power output) tubes, the red boxes are same vintage Russian KT-88's.

The tube tester is a mid-50's Hickok 539B in mint condition. That sucker is 17" X 18" X 7.5" and weighs 32# !

Click each thumbnail to enlarge, use your browser < tab to back out to this post. Enjoy - audio is fun.
    70eldo and Hoosier Daddy like this.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Cadillac_Fan likes this.

Ranger, The speakers look like a pair of Sansui SP-2000's from the late 60's. We sold a slew of Sansui gear at the NATO Audio Club in Naples.

The (real) Marantz 2270 is a damn fine receiver. Very few remember the tuning flywheel ..........

If anyone is REALLY into home audio, sign up on Audio Asylum - the sound and equipment alter ego to Cadillac Forums. In there I go by "Tube Popper". www.audioasylum.com

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS
    Here is my small setup. Jensen record player with JBL Duet speakers. Nothing fancy but it sounds great

Cadillac_Fan likes this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

2-1 speaker setup on my PC, about 6000 mp3's.

My poor little guys need to sing :-(

Attached Images

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Ranger, The speakers look like a pair of Sansui SP-2000's from the late 60's. We sold a slew of Sansui gear at the NATO Audio Club in Naples.

The (real) Marantz 2270 is a damn fine receiver. Very few remember the tuning flywheel ..........

If anyone is REALLY into home audio, sign up on Audio Asylum - the sound and equipment alter ego to Cadillac Forums. In there I go by "Tube Popper". www.audioasylum.com
    ^^^ I remember the Marantz receivers/amps, the Sansui speakers and the ever present TEAC tape decks that must have sound by the zillionz at every PX overseas ..... right along with the Rolex watches and the Nikon cameras! Soldiers, sailers and airman didn't get much in the way of money .... or respect back in the 1960's and '70's but we sure had fine equipment to play with!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.