Picking up our first Cadillac tomorrow!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Picking up our first Cadillac tomorrow! in General Discussion; Hi everyone- New to this forum and Cadillac. Wife picked out a beauty of an ATS, white diamond w/ black ...
    CaddyKate is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Picking up our first Cadillac tomorrow!

Hi everyone- New to this forum and Cadillac. Wife picked out a beauty of an ATS, white diamond w/ black interior. Can't wait to pick it up!! As a bonus for her 7 yr work anniversary, her bosses (husband and wife chiropractors) are leasing her the car for 3yrs. After which, we will have the option to buy OR start another lease w/ a new one. The dealership only had 3 to
    choose from that fit the lease special: black on black (very sharp), silver coast w/ caramel black (she didn't like) and the
    white w/ black interior which she went with. We get the keys tomorrow morning and are super stoked! Any thoughts/tips/
    suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Picking up our first Cadillac tomorrow!

Nice !!!

Read the owner's manual, twice. Surf through the general and ATS forums, but try to stay out of the personality and flaming contests. If you are mechnanically inclined (warranty notwithstanding) you might want to find a GM/Helm service manual set on eBay or subscribe the car to www.alldatadiy.com, if for nothing other than in-depth information.

Look through www.autogeek.net for cleaning and appearance toys.

Garage ??? The dash deck and side window inside trim takes a terrible beating from the sun. Pain in the butt to use, but a good, custom windshield cover is a plus - the reflective thing that you unfold across the inside - look at the Vendor list ^^^ - AutoPride.

A black car with black interior would be a furnace in Florida ..........
    CaddyKate likes this.

DeanP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4

Fill it up with gas and drive somewhere. The more you drive it, the more you will love it, they're awesome cars.
    EcSTSatic and CaddyKate like this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

What a great work anniversary present, I'd say your wife's employers value the contribution to their business (all to often overlooked by employers) and found a great way to encourage her to keep up the good work!

Welcome to the Forums! Hope you and your wife enjoy the Cadillac experience.
    CaddyKate likes this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Sounds like you guys are entering the Cadillac family with a sweet choice!
    CaddyKate likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Cadillac Style!
    CaddyKate likes this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

What a nice thing to do. Her employers sound like great people, as do you guys (gotta get to the anniversary in the first place!). Congratulations, and Welcome! Let's see the ride
    CaddyKate likes this.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

CaddyKate likes this.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    That is one hell of a perk!
    CaddyKate likes this.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Well, we hit a little snag w/ the ATS unfortunately. Yesterday evening while we were getting all the paperwork
    finalized and lease agreement drawn up, my wife's boss (who is a motorhead) saw that the engine was the base 2.5 liter. He was under the impression that
    the salesman (which he recommended and has bought both a CTS and Escalade through) was going to show us the 2.0 liter Turbos. The salesman told us
    that the 2.5's were the only ones that fell under the lease special, and in fact that the white diamond was a premium color but could make it happen if that
    was the color we really wanted. My 2 cents is that the 2.5 would be fine for a first go round, we are just tickled to be blessed w/ such a generous reward.
    Also, neither of us our "motorheads" really even though we have some muscle in the driveway w/ a Hemi and Ford V8 Lariat. If I could ask, is the 2.0 THAT much better than the 2.5??

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Drive the 2.5 as you normally would. Is it "peppy" enough and does it feel comfortable on the freeway ? If you feel good about the car and don't do the Friday night drags at your local strip, the 2.5 would probably be just fine.

I assume that 2.0 and 2.5 refer to liters of engine cylinder displacement - in my old school those were tiny, tiny lawnmower engines. My ears perk up at 7.5 liters and over (455 c.i. Olds V-8). Even my STS with a NA 4.6 is pitifully underpowered - by "hot rod" standards.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I'm not sure what lease program the dealer is talking about but they are running TV ads for $299/mo for 2.0Ts constantly here.

As to the differences between 2.5 and 2.0T, you know the peak HP differences but the turbo has close to peak torque from ~1500-5500 RPMs so it is much quicker at low and mid RPMs. As sub says, drive a 2.5 and see (drive both if the dealer is wrong about 2.0T leases). A downside of the turbo is it gets significantly worse gas mileage if you use that low and mid range torque a lot.

Thanks for the replies Submariner409 and Hoosier Daddy. Yes I think the sales guy might have been a bit confused because on their website they
    even had the commercial for the Turbo at $299 a month. Nonetheless it is a done deal now w/ the 2.5 (so I'm told). My wife's bosses went in this
    morning and it looks like we are getting that one. Hey, beggars can't be choosers so it's all good by me! I'll post some pics as soon as it is ours.
    Thanks again!

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Sounds good and the 2.5 may get better mpg to boot!

Johnxlrv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409
    Drive the 2.5 as you normally would. Is it "peppy" enough and does it feel comfortable on the freeway ? If you feel good about the car and don't do the Friday night drags at your local strip, the 2.5 would probably be just fine.

I assume that 2.0 and 2.5 refer to liters of engine cylinder displacement - in my old school those were tiny, tiny lawnmower engines. My ears perk up at 7.5 liters and over (455 c.i. Olds V-8). Even my STS with a NA 4.6 is pitifully underpowered - by "hot rod" standards.
    Well, look at it this way, there is less temptation to use that long pedal in the right. Though I love the 4.4l sc N*, the milage of the NA 4.6L can't be beat for the HP.

Most of my driving is sensible lol!

I think the 2.5 will be perfect...love the ATS interior ( well, the exterior too)...congrats on the ride!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.