New Member: First Cadillac - '13 SRX
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By JohnnyBzSRX
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, New Member: First Cadillac - '13 SRX in General Discussion; Greetings, My wife's 2013 FWD SRX Performance (XBM / Shale / Brownstone) was purchased about 3 weeks ago. This is ...
    JohnnyBzSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone

New Member: First Cadillac - '13 SRX

Greetings,
    My wife's 2013 FWD SRX Performance (XBM / Shale / Brownstone) was purchased about 3 weeks ago. This is our first Cadillac and is a nice step up for us. Our first venture into a luxury brand was a 2000 Lincoln LS V8, followed by a '07 Chrysler 300C. I've always tended toward V8 RWD cars and sticking with domestic brands. What Cadillac has been doing in the last decade has been very impressive w/ the V-series cars. It takes a big set to build the CTS-V Wagon w/ a 6-speed MT, so Cadillac as a brand has definately earned my respect. Not since the '76 Eldorado convertables has Cadillac caught my attention. My all time favorite is the '67 Eldorado, although I'm also partial to the '62s as I remember riding to Arizona in my father's '62 Sedan deVille as a child, and driving my grandfather around in his '67 Coupe deVille as a teenager (what a monster, I swear a spinet piano would fit in the trunk).

We're looking forward to many years in our new SRX and participating in this owner's forum.
    Thanks,
    JohnnyB

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: New Member: First Cadillac - '13 SRX

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Sounds like you've experienced some great Cadillacs! Best of luck with you new SRX and welcome to the Forums!

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Sounds like you've experienced some great Cadillacs! Best of luck with you new SRX and welcome to the Forums!
    Yes, some very fond memories. The very first carburator I helped my dad rebuild was off the '62's 390. I remember he was struggling to seperate the top from the main carb body and I pointed out to him that the air cleaner rod sticking up out of the middle was not shown in the figure in the repair manual. Once he removed that it came apart no problem. That got me hooked on not being afraid of a little grease under the fingernails. I never thought of dad as a gear-head, but he did rig up a cold-air intake on that '62 Caddy by adding a flexible hose from the air cleaner nostril (nose was cut off for a larger opening) down to a hole he cut in the radiator support for fresh air. All in the name of increasing miles per gallon, of course. I remember waiting for the tubes in the "Wonderbar" AM radio to warm up after turning it on. First time I ever experienced going over 100 MPH I was sitting on the fold-down armrest in the front seat while dad "blew out the carbon". No seat belt of course. My older brother got to use the '62 when he went to Purdue Univ, it got the nick name "The Batmobile" for obvious reasons. He reports that he pegged the speedo at over 120 MPH once. I believe him.

Grandpa's '67 impressed me with the black leather seats and wonderful sounding AM/FM STEREO radio w/ 4 speakers, and the tilt/telescope steering wheel. I remember troubleshooting the automatic climate control, what a rats-nest of vacuum lines! Never did get it to work properly. I also nearly made my parents soil their drawers once when, as a 16 y/o w/ a learners' permit, I pulled out to pass another car on a 2-lane. Had plenty of room, I wasn't worried. That 429 had PLENTY of power. Just don't ask me how I was the one that discovered it had a broken engine mount.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello JohnnyB,

Congratulations on your new vehicle purchase and welcome to the forum! If you have any questions or concerns regarding your new SRX, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Laura or myself on this account. Thank you very much for your time and I hope you are enjoying your new SRX!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Welcome! Let's see the SRX

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    Welcome! Let's see the SRX
    Thanks again for the warm welcomes. Here's a link to the pic I posted in the SRX forum.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Looks sharp in that color. I assume the interior is very light? Love that!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.