Pictures: Cadillac Grand European 2013 in the Netherlands
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Pictures: Cadillac Grand European 2013 in the Netherlands in General Discussion; Hi all, as I mentioned before I had a hard time getting the Eldorado ready for the meeting. I missed ...
    70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Pictures: Cadillac Grand European 2013 in the Netherlands

Hi all,

as I mentioned before I had a hard time getting the Eldorado ready for the meeting. I missed 3 other meetings while I was waiting for a new radiator from RockAuto. Even the 3rd radiator did not fit, so I bought one here locally (for a lot more)...

Anyway, after I took apart and put back together the carburetor for fine tuning after I rebuilt it (and I couldn't test it before the radiator was built in) the Guru did a great job driving to the Cadillac Grand European which was held in the Netherlands this year. You might be familiar with the Cadillac Grand National which might be a lot bigger than this event. They had about 110 teams from all over the world and they did some sight seeing over the days. Only the last day was the car meet (about 170 Cadillacs; they expected 130) with a (minimal) swap meet) at a nice apple vineyard "Olmenhorst" near Schiphol airport.

I put together a slideshow on photobucket: (Please let me know if it doesn't work!)

I found the STS-V pretty extraordinary as those didn't make it to Europe in large numbers. It might be 1 of 2 in Europe? The owner is actually an American and his wife is Chzech.

Also the 2012 CTS-V is rare in Holland. It might be 1 of 2 registered in Holland. The owner actually got it from a dealer in Germany with 18.000 km on it and he is also a Corvette freak.

But my heart goes out most particulary to the V12 with the lady with the hair in the wind (which won the 1st prize) and that V8 with the Herald on the nose.

That black '57 Eldorado Brougham is perfect inside and out. But since the (German) owner brought all his prizes he won before along I thought that was a little bragging. But he actually drove it from Germany (Vechta; about half the distance I drove), so props to that!

The chairman of the Dutch Cadillac Club is a cool guy. An engineer just like me. He is very engaged in contributing to the Cadillac Brand in the Netherlands. We discussed some ideas for the dealers as they get little support from Cadillac Europe regarding general PR.
    He would also like to have the event every year instead of every 2 years. 2015 is in Zwitserland and 2017 in Denmark.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Pictures: Cadillac Grand European 2013 in the Netherlands

Great pictures, it was really super to see so many well preserved Cadillacs at a European show. Thanks for bringing the pictures here.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    Awesome ! Sts-v is the future collectable.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

What a wealth of vintage Cadillac. You have a much more varied and active community than I would expect. I understand what you mean about the Eldorado Brougham owner, but to have such a valuable perfect example and drive it, instead of trailer it, says a lot about the heart of the enthusiast. He gets a pass on bringing the "hardware" in my book!

Wonderful collection of photos, great shots. Thank you.

BTW.......1959 with the fin-ectomy?.......

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Why does it say page not found when I click on your link? I believe it takes me to the homepage.

59 what? that's Blasphemy!!!!! The best Cadillac ever made. Period.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Thanks for posting the pics, it is great to know there are such enthusiastic Cadillac owners in Europe. And yes, STS-V is a very rare and extraordinary car. Even in the US it is hard to find a clean STS-V.

Quote Originally Posted by 02603sec View Post
    Awesome ! Sts-v is the future collectable.
    Just like the XLR and XLR-V which are also very rare in Europe

----------

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    What a wealth of vintage Cadillac. You have a much more varied and active community than I would expect. I understand what you mean about the Eldorado Brougham owner, but to have such a valuable perfect example and drive it, instead of trailer it, says a lot about the heart of the enthusiast. He gets a pass on bringing the "hardware" in my book!

Wonderful collection of photos, great shots. Thank you.

BTW.......1959 with the fin-ectomy?.......

The '57 Eldorado Brougham won 2nd prize. 3rd went to the bronze colored early 50's in the last picture.
    Yeah, I have no idea about that '59 Fleetwood...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaddyGas View Post
    Why does it say page not found when I click on your link? I believe it takes me to the homepage.

59 what? that's Blasphemy!!!!! The best Cadillac ever made. Period.
    No idea. Seemed to work for others though?
    And agree on the '59.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Looks like you had a great meet! I'll probably read all about it in the next Self Starter.
    70eldo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Looks like you had a great meet! I'll probably read all about it in the next Self Starter.
    Ah yes, at least one of the US participants will probably write an article about it.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    I just went back for more. Back in the late seventies I took a shot at buying a 69 Eldorado in almost the same Persian Aqua in mint condition for $700. I think that color was a little lighter on the 1970 models' Adriatic Aqua Firemist. I stop in my tracks every time I see that color. It was also available of the
    DeVilles but i cant recall ever spotting a fleetwood. The light turquoise in earlier years: 1964 Turino Turquoise or Firemist Aquamarine, 1967 it was just Capri Aqua.

You could get a version of the light aqua turquoise on a number of GM models, but the 69 and 70 model cadillacs, I think, did that paint scheme justice.

Thanks again for the pics.
    70eldo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 02603sec View Post
    I just went back for more. Back in the late seventies I took a shot at buying a 69 Eldorado in almost the same Persian Aqua in mint condition for $700. I think that color was a little lighter on the 1970 models' Adriatic Aqua Firemist. I stop in my tracks every time I see that color. It was also available of the
    DeVilles but i cant recall ever spotting a fleetwood. The light turquoise in earlier years: 1964 Turino Turquoise or Firemist Aquamarine, 1967 it was just Capri Aqua.

You could get a version of the light aqua turquoise on a number of GM models, but the 69 and 70 model cadillacs, I think, did that paint scheme justice.

Thanks again for the pics.
    Thanks, finally I know what the color was called. Although I have a darker turqoise than the original. The white is pearl white.

CaddyGas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

After being constantly redirected to the homepage, I finally get to see, must of been a really nice day. Thanks for sharing. There's no reason why cars still don't look like this. Oh wait people contribute to nonsense.

Bullitt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Eldo, I am glad I finally came across this thread. I forgot I asked You in my last post to attend that meeting and take some pictures. I wish there was sb. from Poland but I didn't see any attendants. It's a pity because vintage Cadillacs are very popular in Poland. I know a guy who imports American cars from U.S. and 90% of his orders are Caddies. I also personally know a guy who lives in Wroclaw near German border who owns a beautiful 60' convertible in pristine condition. It's for sale. If I only had cash...

I don't like slideshows like the one You made but of course I am very grateful for Your pictures. I wish there were more new Cadillacs. They look even better with Euro-plates on - the pictures of CTS-V coupe in one of Your other albums is the best proof for that.

Quote Originally Posted by 70eldo View Post
    The chairman of the Dutch Cadillac Club is a cool guy. An engineer just like me. He is very engaged in contributing to the Cadillac Brand in the Netherlands. We discussed some ideas for the dealers as they get little support from Cadillac Europe regarding general PR.
    He would also like to have the event every year instead of every 2 years. 2015 is in Zwitserland and 2017 in Denmark.
    The 'little support' is visible on Your pictures. Cadillac Media Europe brags about the meeting on their web page. But did they at least organised something to show off their new offerings??? Did they organise test-drives? Did somebody from GM attend the meeting? I don't think so. Correct me if I am wrong.
    I am sorry for my bad mood but today I've got a call from Opel dealership where I got my Opel from a few years ago, which used to be one of three Cadillac dealerships in Poland some time ago. They wanted make me buy a new car from them. I replied 'of course, I want to stick to GM. I am happy with my Opel. Now I can afford something much better - a Cadillac CTS coupe or ATS'. -'Sorry, we don't sell Cadillacs anymore. Maybe You want to buy an Insignia?'
    70eldo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt View Post
    Eldo, I am glad I finally came across this thread. I forgot I asked You in my last post to attend that meeting and take some pictures. I wish there was sb. from Poland but I didn't see any attendants. It's a pity because vintage Cadillacs are very popular in Poland. I know a guy who imports American cars from U.S. and 90% of his orders are Caddies. I also personally know a guy who lives in Wroclaw near German border who owns a beautiful 60' convertible in pristine condition. It's for sale. If I only had cash...

I don't like slideshows like the one You made but of course I am very grateful for Your pictures. I wish there were more new Cadillacs. They look even better with Euro-plates on - the pictures of CTS-V coupe in one of Your other albums is the best proof for that.

The 'little support' is visible on Your pictures. Cadillac Media Europe brags about the meeting on their web page. But did they at least organised something to show off their new offerings??? Did they organise test-drives? Did somebody from GM attend the meeting? I don't think so. Correct me if I am wrong.
    I am sorry for my bad mood but today I've got a call from Opel dealership where I got my Opel from a few years ago, which used to be one of three Cadillac dealerships in Poland some time ago. They wanted make me buy a new car from them. I replied 'of course, I want to stick to GM. I am happy with my Opel. Now I can afford something much better - a Cadillac CTS coupe or ATS'. -'Sorry, we don't sell Cadillacs anymore. Maybe You want to buy an Insignia?'
    Thanks for your feedback. You are welcome to post pictures of Cadillacs in Poland!
    What would be better than a slideshow? I used to post pictures directly in the thread, but that takes so much time. So inspired by someone posting pictures on the Cadillac Grand National I decided to post the pictures in a slideshow as well.

Yes, Cadillac Europe was represented at the Grand European and were there personally on Friday. They donated books about Cadillac history and about the new palette (including the concepts like the ElMiraj) worth about €10.000 for all participants! The dealers were a little sad they never received these books from Cadillac Europe though...
    They also visited the Cadillac dealer in Alkmaar included in the tour. I am not sure they had test drives though. I did not participate in the tours.

European Cadillac dealers were pretty much left hung out to dry and die and F'd in the B after GM went bankrupt. Many of them had pre-paid ordered Cadillacs that were impounded from Kroymans they never received nor got reimbursed. When Cadillac came back to Europe in 2010 the conditions for the dealers and the customers were so bad, most, logically, turned their back to Cadillac. Conditions have now improved since end of 2012, so some dealers came back in 2013 (like mine here in Hamburg), but still there is no PR so I am really missing a strategy for Europe.

Similar to your situation I ended up with a non-GM car as well in 2011. I hope things are better when my lease is up again...

Well, at least the classic Cadillacs remain along with their enthusiastic owners and fans.

Bullitt is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for your feedback. You are welcome to post pictures of Cadillacs in Poland!
    Here we go. Here are some (among many others). The first one belongs to an attractive girl from Silesia (south of Poland). It's fully restored.
    dsc05344r.jpg
    These three below belong to a guy in Gdansk (North of Poland)
    P1050797.jpg
    image007.jpg
    image001.jpg

Last but not least, my favorite. 60's Eldorado in showroom condition. I had a pleasure to have a look at it. I was impressed how all the electrical goodies worked. I also liked the paint job although I don't like pink. But this shade is perfect. I am sorry for small res. pictures,
    lim_01.jpg
    lim_02.jpg
    lim_04.jpg

And I nearly forgot about my sister's wedding car. Unfortunately there was no original 59-60 Eldorado in my area. But it made huge impression anyway.
    www-0092.jpg

As You see there are many good examples of nicely restored Caddies in Poland. That was only small part of what we have. I think organizing the grand meeting in Warsaw next year would be cool. I could help organising it. I would like to press Cadillac to come back to Polish market...

What would be better than a slideshow? I used to post pictures directly in the thread, but that takes so much time. So inspired by someone posting pictures on the Cadillac Grand National I decided to post the pictures in a slideshow as well.
    I like all scrolling all the full-size pictures on one page. But don't worry about. I am sure most of people like galleries, thumbnails.

Yes, Cadillac Europe was represented at the Grand European and were there personally on Friday. They donated books about Cadillac history and about the new palette (including the concepts like the ElMiraj) worth about €10.000 for all participants! The dealers were a little sad they never received these books from Cadillac Europe though.
    I am positively surprised that they actually did something.

European Cadillac dealers were pretty much left hung out to dry and die and F'd in the B after GM went bankrupt. Many of them had pre-paid ordered Cadillacs that were impounded from Kroymans they never received nor got reimbursed. When Cadillac came back to Europe in 2010 the conditions for the dealers and the customers were so bad, most, logically, turned their back to Cadillac. Conditions have now improved since end of 2012, so some dealers came back in 2013 (like mine here in Hamburg), but still there is no PR so I am really missing a strategy for Europe.
    Similar to your situation I ended up with a non-GM car as well in 2011. I hope things are better when my lease is up again...
    Yeah, I know the dealers didn't have easy life with GM. The situation got a little better recently. However the fact that small market as Slovakia has a Cadillac dealership and Poland does not, is beyond me.
    I am really frustrated because I would like to lease Cadillac in a normal way. I may probably end up in buying a Camaro or Mustang. But am not so sure about it because first of all I desire Caddy more, secondly owning American RWD sport cars isn't nowadays so original as it used to be. That's why a single CTS coupe in Poland would be perfect...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.