Any great cooking recipes you'd like to share?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Any great cooking recipes you'd like to share? in General Discussion; Over the years we have had some good thread with members sharing their favorite cooking tips and recipes, with all ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Any great cooking recipes you'd like to share?

Over the years we have had some good thread with members sharing their favorite cooking tips and recipes, with all the new members frequenting the Lounge these , I thought it might be for a new thread.

One of my favorites was a very spicy five bean chili that came from an astute cook who hails from Arkansas.

Another great contributor of recipes was our good friend from the tri-cities are of Washington whose barbeque and Cal-Mex recipes were really winners.

Looking forward to reading and preparing some new recipes from our members.
    hueterm likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    A moist baked piece of Chilean sea bass

Over fresh spinach with white asparagus
    And covered with a chilie pepper ramessco

Re: Any great cooking recipes you'd like to sahre?

Sounds great what's the recipe,TP?

Quote Originally Posted by orconn
    Sounds great what's the recipe,TP?
    On forgot that detail lol
    Ok so all of ingredients I am posting u put them on a oiled pan after cutting them into halfs not the pan
    Red peppers plum tomatoes onions chillies garlic. Roast at 350 untill roasted darken but don't fully burn

Add all veggies and product to blender. Food processor or robo coup
    Add lemon sherry vinegar salt toasted bred crust
    Purée the hell out of it. Taste. If good and happy then there u go Rammseco sauce
    Bake your fish sea bass On 300 oF for 20 minutes
    Blanch your asparagus basically boil then shock in ice bath. Should be alldentte firm to bite but not stiff

oop almost forget when you puree you can also throw in some almonds i have always left those out force of habit
    because first of all im not a fan of the almond taste second of all i have a brother alergic so when i used to make it
    i never put it in

Thanks, TP, now I know what Rammseco sauce is and how you make it.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

My Famous Meaty Balls Recipe

80/20 Fat Beef 2lbs <-- Second most important part of the recipe. Should end up with 12-16 Meat balls.
    Corn Flake Bread Crumbs <-- most important part of the recipe.
    1 Egg
    All Seasoning goes in Amounts to your liking
    Sea Salt
    Pepper
    Oregano
    Crushed Red Pepper
    Mc Cormick California Style Garlic Powder
    Mc Cormick Italian Herb Grinder

Pan Fry "Sear All Sides in Veg Oil

Slow Cook on Stove or Slow Cooker in Sauce of your choice for a minimum of 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs Tops.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    Grilled potatoes;

Cut russett pototoes into sixths lengthwise wedges.. As much as you like. Soak in a pan of cold salted water for 10 mins. Take the slices and dump and drain into colander. drizzle some extra virgin olive oil and 1/4 cup diced fresh garlic, salt and pepper, toss them. I use a square basket with a lid that i can flip on the grill. 400 - 450 degrees for about 15 mins. serve with sour cream and freshly chopped chives. Excellent combo for grilling beef. They get nice and crispy. this is my original recipe.
    ThumperPup and CadillacLuke24 like this.

This isn't a great recipe, but a tip to improve on an old stand by. When I lived on the northern island of Hokkaido in Japan there was a ramen shop that served the very best ramen I have ever eaten. As the climate was frigid and snowy for 8 1/2 months out of the year a steaming bowl of ramen really hit the spot after walking around Sapporo. Anyway after I returned to the States dried ramen began to be sold in super markets on the West Coast. I bought some and while it wasn't awful, it didn't come close to tasking as good as the real McCoy in Sapporo. Over the years I kept fiddling with the store bought packs but never really came close to getting the flavor I was looking for. Then one day I decided to add a couple of table spoons of peanut butter to the water I had cooked the noodles in, before I added the packet of dry soup base. Wow what a difference! I find it is best to whisk in the peanut butter till it is totally dissolved before I put in the flavored soup base. Then of course it also helps to put in some sliced meat and sliced scallions and shoyu (soy) sauce to taste. This really raises the level of this money saving dish to a new level.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    I did a food thread..Orconn are we bored again tonight ?

We've had several over the last few years. Bored, no .... just looking for some ideas.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    We've had several over the last few years. Bored, no .... just looking for some ideas.
    Thats ok consider this the new one since some of us have never seen the old one.
    orconn likes this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I hate to bring this down to Ramen Noodles recipes, but Orconn started it....

I still use an old standby for a quick lunch.

1 Pkg noodles, 1 can Chili, 1 can Cheese soup.
    1 cup of water in micro 3 min.
    Break up noodles in big bowl, pour water over and cover for 3 min. Mix in soups and micro 2 more minutes.
    Enjoy......Like a boss!
    (...of the dorm?)

BTW When I first opened this thread I was expecting Indian recipes.....Sahre?

i got another idea for you how about

corkscrew pasta and cambles tomatoe soup i know it's the only thing my dad knows how to make so when i go to his house i always check the cubboards knowing that there is like going to be 50 cans of tomatoe soup and a few cases of pasta lol
    talismandave likes this.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

I will post my favourite chili recipe later

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    My wife and I bought one of those Ninja crock pots and have done some amazing recipes in it. We've got an awesome breakfast casserole we do in it for Sunday mornings.

You just layer the bottom with frozen hash browns, then a dozen eggs, but we just use the egg whites for a bit healthier version, any kinda meat you want, but it called for breakfast sausage. Next time I'm gonna use ham tho. And shredded cheese. Plus veggies if you want them. I chop up Anaheim peppers, bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms to cook in ours. Good stuff! You then let it cook over night for 8 hrs on low, and you've got an amazing breakfast when you awaken from a drunken slumber!!

Btw, if you use sausage, you must cook it in frying pan b4 you put into crock pot

----------

Something else I really like to make is pasta salad. It's a ranch pasta salad. Great summer cook out food. But, again, to be healthier, I don't use mayo. The wife suggested using plain Greek yogurt instead, bc apparently it's a healthy alternative in many recipes that normally call for sour cream or mayo. I was skeptical at first lol. But it's tasted amazing.

Anyway, I buy a packet of hidden valley ranch dressing mix, and a box of whole wheat pasta. I also dice up cucumbers, fresh mozzarella cheese, bell peppers, Anaheim peppers. Then ill slice grape tomatoes, get about 3-4 slices per tomato. Throw some sliced black olives in along with some sliced canned mushrooms.

Ill also throw in diced ham or real bacon bits, or turkey pepperoni slices. Then mix it all together.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.