Funny school stories?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By Hoosier Daddy
  • 1 Post By ThumperPup
  • 4 Post By CadillacLuke24
  • 4 Post By orconn
  • 1 Post By 77CDV
  • 1 Post By 93DevilleUSMC
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Funny school stories? in General Discussion; Today vacation ended and its back to school. Anybody have an funny story to tell while back in school?...
    eldorado_sean is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98' Eldorado ESC

Funny school stories?

Today vacation ended and its back to school.
    Anybody have an funny story to tell while back in school?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)

Re: Funny school stories?

I once had a classmate who kept groaning and whining loudly about the extreme difficulty of passing a twenty-five question quiz. Telling her to be quiet and earn the grade like the rest of us didn't go over well.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by 93DevilleUSMC View Post
    I once had a classmate who kept groaning and whining loudly about the extreme difficulty of passing a twenty-five question quiz. Telling her to be quiet and earn the grade like the rest of us didn't go over well.
    She has a point. I understand in some school districts being able to count to 25 is something to celebrate.
    77CDV and ben.gators like this.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

one of my team members in school
    has some disability;'s i am not makeing fun of them however i can make fun of what happens at times

so a few weeks ago he was making a Consomme it's supposed to form into a raft and simmer for an hour
    he ended up making meatball's and never stirred them so we ended up with a meat ball soup
    that one went around the entire school for a week lol
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

I was a sheltered young man, and my Dad was notoriously "strict" amongst my friends.

In art class, in 9th grade, the topic had turned to women (big surprise) and some of my buddies asked me what my Dad would do if I knocked up a girl.

To which I responded,

"Like what? Hit her?"

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

When I was in prep school (today called boarding school, today's so called "prep schools" were called "country day schools" in those days), it was decided that, for fun, we would have an "ugly man" contest among the various sections of our dorms. Each floor was to select a contestant who would compete against other floors for the title of "Ugliest Man."

My floor, fourth Drayton, thought that we couldn't really compete since we had no really ugly residents. But we did had "The Cherub" who, while not ugly, was certainly unique. Now The Cherub was one of my roomates, and while not ugly, was very pale with a blond flat top haircut (common in the late 1950's) and while not fat by today's standards was a bit pudgy (it was called "baby fat" in those days). Don (The Cherub's real name) also had a good sense of humor and allowed us to dress him, for this competition, in nothing but a white sheet folded as a diaper and a pair of home made wings strapped to his back. Came competition day we had Don stand in a little red kid's wagon which we pulled out onto the stage proceeded by a banner reading " 'The Cherub' 4th Drayton's Next Best Thing." Needless to say, we got quite an reaction from the co-ed audience that night. And while we didn't win the contest, "The Cherub" lives on to this day in the memories of those who were their that night.

I'm easily amused so would do things like run a hose between the water and gas lines in the chem lab and open them both up for a few seconds. That backed a little water into the gas line and when the next person went to light their Bunsen burner a geyser of water would shoot up. I did that in the last period one day and got distracted and didn't turn them off. The next morning I heard my parents talk about a gas outage in the area my school was in. I didn't look into it out of fear of drawing attention to myself.

I just realized too many of my stories involve natural gas.....

Gas requires oxygen to burn and we told a guy that you couldn't even get it to burn without specially designed devices to create the exact right mixtures and if he were to unscrew one of the fixtures from the gas line you couldn't light the gas coming out of it. Basically we were just messing with his mind but he actually did it. He opened up a 1/2 or 3/4 inch gas line and flicked his Bic. There was a column of fire that shot up to the lab ceiling and spread out maybe 10 feet across it. Never saw a teacher so freaked out.

One teacher liked to demonstrate the principle we abused in the previous story and would take a Nestle coco "can" (made of cardboard with metal tops and bottoms and a metal press on cap), punch a small hole in the cap and near the bottom on one side, fill the can with natural gas and light it where it came out of the cap. When the concentration inside dropped to around 10% gas and 90% air, the mixture would explode and blow the cap to the ceiling with a loud bang. I was walking down an ally behind a restaurant and saw an industrial size empty Nestle can in the trash. It had to be 20 times the volume at least. I prepared it and filled it with gas and lit it up and put it on the teacher's desk right before she walked in. She saw it and about had a heart attack trying to decide between evacuating and putting it out before it blew. Of course gas waits for no man or woman and blew before she decided. Most of the hearing losses were temporary.

I'd tell the nitro glycerine story but technically it wasn't funny.

Another time a rather shapely blond watched a bald teacher walk by in the hall and thought out loud: "I wonder what its like to be bald?". And not appreciating homonyms she was quite upset by the numerous spontaneous offers to show her. I was not involved other than observing and having Pepsi shoot out my nose, so I hope it qualifies for this thread.
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I'm easily amused so would do things like run a hose between the water and gas lines in the chem lab and open them both up for a few seconds. That backed a little water into the gas line and when the next person went to light their Bunsen burner a geyser of water would shoot up. I did that in the last period one day and got distracted and didn't turn them off. The next morning I heard my parents talk about a gas outage in the area my school was in. I didn't look into it out of fear of drawing attention to myself.

I just realized too many of my stories involve natural gas.....

Gas requires oxygen to burn and we told a guy that you couldn't even get it to burn without specially designed devices to create the exact right mixtures and if he were to unscrew one of the fixtures from the gas line you couldn't light the gas coming out of it. Basically we were just messing with his mind but he actually did it. He opened up a 1/2 or 3/4 inch gas line and flicked his Bic. There was a column of fire that shot up to the lab ceiling and spread out maybe 10 feet across it. Never say a teacher so freaked out.

One teacher liked to demonstrate the principle we abused in the previous story and would take a Nestle coco "can" (made of cardboard with metal tops and bottoms and a metal press on cap), punch a small hole in the cap and near the bottom on one side, fill the can with natural gas and light it where it came out of the cap. When the concentration inside dropped to around 10% gas and 90% air, the mixture would explode and blow the cap to the ceiling with a loud bang. I was walking down an ally behind a restaurant and saw an industrial size empty Nestle can in the trash. It had to be 20 times the volume at least. I prepared it and filled it with gas and lit it up and put it on the teacher's desk right before she walked in. She saw it and about had a heart attack trying to decide between evacuating and putting it out before it blew. Of course gas waits for no man or woman and blew before she decided. Most of the hearing losses were temporary.

I'd tell the nitro glycerine story but technically it wasn't funny.

Another time a rather shapely blond watched a bald teacher walk by in the hall and thought out loud: "I wonder what its like to be bald?". And not appreciating homonyms she was quite upset by the numerous spontaneous offers to show her. I was not involved other than observing and having Pepsi shoot out my nose, so I hope it qualifies for this thread.
    Where the heck was I when they were lookin for lab partners for you?

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    Where the heck was I when they were lookin for lab partners for you?
    You better be on your toes. I had a partner who was having trouble determining the concentration of a mixture by looking down thru a test tube and comparing its appearance to a known concentration of various depths. I told him the light source may be too weak and he should maybe use the ceiling lights. Its a dumb idea to put caustic chemicals above your eyes regardless but I REALLY didn't expect him to just take the test tubes he was holding like a pair of binoculars and swing them up with the open end down. It was cool to finally see the emergency showers in action.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I am glad I only had "dumb" but well proportioned girls as chem lab partners. The most they ever did was try and bankrupt the school trying to neutralize an acid and a base!

Although one was rather explosive as we tried other experiments after school!

Chem teachers have no sense of humor. They kept removing the sign I put on the hydrogen tanks: Instant water. Just add oxygen and a spark.

----------

The Bulldozer in the first job thread reminded me of a school story. Actually a going to school story. Mods please delete if that's off topic.

It's usually not that cold in central Arizona but one record cold morning, I left for school but forgot my gloves. When the frost got too thick on one hand, I would take it off the handlebar and put it in a pocket to warm up. After a while I decided it was dumb to take a just warmed hand and put it on a frozen handlebar grip. So the next time my right hand was warmed up, I pulled it out of my pocket and grabbed the left grip my left hand had just vacated for its turn in a pocket. Suffice it to say that riding one handed on the wrong side with the other hand tangled in a pocket is a skill that requires practice. The bike veered out of control into a parked bulldozer at a construction site. They are even harder than they look.

My best friend thought it was pretty funny which gave me a pass for splitting my gut when he invented a new sport that I do not understand why is not part of the X-games. He was a ham radio operator. One day he found a section of pipe on the side of the road that he thought could be used as a mast extension. He put it over his shoulder and we proceeded to ride home. Somehow it started to slip and managed to go thru the spokes of the front wheel at maybe 20 MPH. The end dug into the ground and as it passed vertical the momentum of bike and rider shot them both up the length of the pipe. I don't know exactly how high he went and he refused to do it again for formal measurement.

Chem teachers have no sense of humor. They kept removing the sign I put on the hydrogen tanks: Instant water. Just add oxygen and a spark.

----------

The Bulldozer in the first job thread reminded me of a school story. Actually a going to school story. Mods please delete if that's off topic.

It's usually not that cold in central Arizona but one record cold morning, I left for school but forgot my gloves. When the frost got too thick on one hand, I would take it off the handlebar and put it in a pocket to warm up. After a while I decided it was dumb to take a just warmed hand and put it on a frozen handlebar grip. So the next time my right hand was warmed up, I pulled it out of my pocket and grabbed the left grip my left hand had just vacated for its turn in a pocket. Suffice it to say that riding one handed on the wrong side with the other hand tangled in a pocket is a skill that requires practice. The bike veered out of control into a parked bulldozer at a construction site. They are even harder than they look.

My best friend thought it was pretty funny which gave me a pass for splitting my gut when he invented a new sport that I do not understand why is not part of the X-games. He was a ham radio operator. One day he found a section of pipe on the side of the road that he thought could be used as a mast extension. He put it over his shoulder and we proceeded to ride home. Somehow it started to slip and managed to go thru the spokes of the front wheel at maybe 20 MPH. The end dug into the ground and as it passed vertical the momentum of bike and rider shot them both up the length of the pipe. I don't know exactly how high he went and he refused to do it again for formal measurement.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

In preparation for a lesson on the physics of Newtonian gravity, the teacher was asking a series of rhetorical questions: what makes planets stay in orbit? what makes things fall down rather than up? etc.

All I could think of was the Cowardly Lion, and I whispered "Courage" to my friend sitting next to me. He laughed so hard he fell out of his desk. Then he had to try to explain why. Poor Bob!
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

93DevilleUSMC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
    She has a point. I understand in some school districts being able to count to 25 is something to celebrate.
    This one wasn't just beaten by the stupid stick, she was impregnated by it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I am glad I only had "dumb" but well proportioned girls as chem lab partners. The most they ever did was try and bankrupt the school trying to neutralize an acid and a base!

Although one was rather explosive as we tried other experiments after school!
    Extra-curricular activity, eh?
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

Kinda like that song Chemistry

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.