Gold medallion with numbers - on grille
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Gold medallion with numbers - on grille in General Discussion; I'm sure someone knows what this is...I sure don't tho I've also seen one with roman numeral III on it.mileage ...
    Joe2thabone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 seville,96 deville

Gold medallion with numbers - on grille

I'm sure someone knows what this is...I sure don't tho I've also seen one with roman numeral III on it.mileage badge maybe???

ForumRunner_20130805_194228.png

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Re: gold medallion

It is the centre of a Heritage Of Ownership badge. They represent how many NEW Cadillacs the owner has owned, with a new number for each consecutive Cadillac purchased.

When Initially beginning the program, if no number is listed, the Cadillac will come with a more plain pewter-coloured badge and a postcard with instructions as per how to go about getting your proper badge (Which Cadillac would gladly give to you, when you give them the information that they need)

My Cadillac had a Gold "I" one on it, but I have actually replaced it with a pewter one, because it matches the car much better. On my last Junkyard visit, I happened across a Fleetwood Brougham with a "III" badge on it, but did not take it, as I had no use for it. Maybe next time I will grab it.

The complete badge should look similar to this:

With the pewter badges looking like this (This is mine, as google images did not immediately give me photos of anyone else's) They look essentially the same, aside from the colour difference and that instead of having a number, they merely say "Cadillac" on the centre cap.

Lastly, of particular note, there are the rare "Master Owner" badges:

Eventually, they changed the design to match the present style of the modern Cadillac (AKA, the "ugly badges")

Naturally, a lot of modern cars still have the older badges, as many owners feel they look better. I have however seen a '63 Cadillac with one of the modern badges on it. Personally, I am against mixing the New and Classic Cadillac emblems on the same vehicle.

Wow! I can't imagine buying 2 or 3 "new" Cadillacs! Thank you very much for such an informative response! My 96 Sedan Deville has the gold one with III on it! I wonder if previous owner is a member here as well...lol thanks again!

trailor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Deville DTS, 120K Miles
    So how does one get this or is it model specific?

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by trailor
    So how does one get this or is it model specific?
    You would buy new caddys from the dealership, and you'd get it. It is not model specific, but I haven't seen them on caddys newer than the mid 90s (not saying they didn't, but I haven't seen one).

I wonder,since my 96 has the III badge,is that why all the emblems & hood ornament are gold also?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: gold medallion

Quote Originally Posted by Joe2thabone View Post
    Wow! I can't imagine buying 2 or 3 "new" Cadillacs!
    My 2002.5 STS, bought used in 11/05, came with the pewter grille badge with the number 8. I recently spoke with the former owner and he has, to date, bought 11 new Cadillacs from his same dealership, Villa Marin Cadillac on Staten Island, NY. (I have every original piece of paper for the car - including the window sticker, sales invoice and all shop and recall invoices.......... nice guy.)

Some cars were dealer optioned with gold trim. You can find some of it in the eBay store site for BiggDaddyCaddy - Google it. "biggdaddycaddy ebay store". Don't quote me, but I think the gold trim was ordered by a buyer out of the "black book" - you sit down with the salesman and assemble YOUR car, plop down a deposit and GM builds the car...... I did it with a '65 Chevelle, 2 Fox-body Mustangs, 2 90's Taurii and a couple of F-150's. My STS was optioned by the buyer, not the dealer - took 9 weeks to deliver, and it worked out well because the car was ordered in December, the running changeover to F55 came in mid-January and the car was built in early February.

Wow! 11 caddys! Nice.... I was 3rd owner of my 84Seville,all paperwork etc. It was purchased under the Gold Key program.I had duplicates made & still have the gold keys,however the ht4100 bit the dust (head gasket)

----------

I was curious about the gold trim because mine on the 96 isn't lookin too good,thinkin of switchin to silver....just prefer it

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Re: Gold medallion with numbers - on grille

I believe XXXIX is the last before the Master Owner.
    The-Dullahan likes this.

There is (If I recall correctly) an "XII" badge for sale on Ebay at the moment. As a joke, I suggested a friend buy this one for his car:

(His Cadillac is a mobile Adult Film studio. I kid you not)

Personally, I like my "I" emblem, as I own it because it was MY first Cadillac, but I keep the pewter one on it, as it is a far better match for the car's colour. I am not the original owner and thereby did not purchase it new and receive a badge. The HOO badges could probably make neat belt buckles...

In fact, the original owner purchases ONLY new vehicles and purchases several thousand every year...nearly all of them are Cadillacs.

STS_Seville_Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville
    I think I want that more than master owner.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse
    Mine came with one with III on it. I haven't taken it off. I feel lime I adopted the car, so what right do I have. It was still the owners 3rd car.

Lol...that would be fitting! I'm gonna leave the III on mine,that is unless I get my hands on one of those XXX's!!
    Faith76 likes this.

Mine came with none, because the original owner did not use them. If it DID, I would probably have kept whatever number they used.

Again though, the original owner of my car purchased hundreds of thousands of new Cadillacs in 1987 alone. I guess my car thereby qualifies as a "Cadillac Master Owner" vehicle.

That sux! You should at least have the "Heritage" grill emblem with somethin on it! I shall cherish the one I have been fortunate enough to find on my Sedan Deville!
    Faith76 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.