Wires in my tires... 2.0
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Wires in my tires... 2.0 in General Discussion; I am at the dealership service center right now. The tech and the manager walk up and the manager says ...
    Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

Wires in my tires... 2.0

I am at the dealership service center right now. The tech and the manager walk up and the manager says "Faith, you have wires sticking out of your tires." The tech (suppressing laughter) says "Dude, those are curb feelers."

----------

Anyway, I'm having my bushings looked at because I feel like I'm getting sea sick when I ride in the back. I'm also having them check the idle because of the unexpected acceleration I had in reverse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Wires in my tires... 2.0

A service manager thought that curb feelers where "wires sticking out of your tires"? Did he even know what curb feelers where? How old is this guy?
    Faith76 likes this.

They were both mid 30s

dou1t2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 Seville SLS and 99 Eldorado ESC,also 91 F-150 and a 73 MG

old joke, a couple of weeks ago it was a constuction guy holding the stop sign...........still funny though!

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Someone asked my friend Deanna about why her car's antennae were on bottom of her car.

He never grew those teeth back.

Faith76 likes this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan
    Someone asked my friend Deanna about why her car's antennae were on bottom of her car.

Why does an HHR have curb feelers and why does it look like a hearse? Theres not even room for a casket in one of those.

Because she doesn't own a real Hearse, like the rest of us, so she brought that.

I will admit, it is nowhere near the only HHR "Hearse" (Or PT Cruiser "Hearse") that I have ever seen.

Never asked why she had curb feelers. Probably because I knew what they were. I bet if I had never heard of them (Alternatively called "Granny Guards") I may have inquired.

There is a [glossy] black one that lives locally. It has blue flame paint airbrushed from the hood back and though it is the version with windows in each panel, it has a chrome landau bar decal over each of the side windows closest to the rear. Two Goth-looking chicks are always in it. The reason I am familiar with the driver/passenger is naturally because they stalk my Cadillac.

There is also this:

Floridians are weird. That is all.
    bigm57ict and bigm57ict like this.

It's an old joke? Crap I wish I knew that. I've been getting annoyed. I guess people just like messing with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dou1t2 View Post
    old joke, a couple of weeks ago it was a constuction guy holding the stop sign...........still funny though!

----------

[If this isn't already your lady, you should consider it. I'd like to take her to a concert.
    QUOTE=The-Dullahan;10628249]Someone asked my friend Deanna about why her car's antennae were on bottom of her car.

[/QUOTE]

Stingroo is offline Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I now want a matching HHR Panel SS....

I shall call it... the SS Minnow.

Dear God Ray...That is just genius. Someone buy this kid a Pizza.

Kevin, what makes you so sure everyone is Floridian? Actually, Deanna is one of those westward folk, originally migrating from Colorado. In fact, that is the only reason I met her. She was good friends with Josie, another friend who is originally from Denver. It's really weird to be walking through a massive facility, packed with people and passing by someone, causing each of you to do a double-take, because you recognized the other, but hardly ever expected to see them there, mostly because you live thousands of miles apart. Josie is actually one of the HearseClub.com members and one of the original Hearse Girls (An obvious choice, since she is a model)...However, as per Floridians being weird...well, yes. They creep me out plenty. So do you Missouri folk though.

You'd like this event though Kevin, as you'd fit right in. Bunch of us with our antique Cadillacs and all of the local Roller Derby girls come hang out too.

Faith. As for concerts, she has GREAT taste in music, I learned. It rained all weekend. Buckets really. So when it finally slightly cleared, we rushed out to all get together and do our thing. Naturally, my car brought the music to the show. As for the other half of your sentence...Outside of adoptive family, I have very few friends who are not classified as "My Lady". That small percentage is disqualified, due to them not actually being ladies.

I recall Night Wolf showing interest in her when a photo was posted in the past. Maybe I can marry her off to him.

I could only imagine the fuss I could cause if I posted more photos of my day-to-day life. The occasionally pop up when they are automobile related...or in the Random Pic thread, when I find them on my camera, I am in them and have to actually stop to wonder who took the photo.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Why does an HHR have curb feelers and why does it look like a hearse? Theres not even room for a casket in one of those.
    Don't believe Randy Newman. Short people need to be planted too!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post

Faith. As for concerts, she has GREAT taste in music, I learned. It rained all weekend. Buckets really. So when it finally slightly cleared, we rushed out to all get together and do our thing. Naturally, my car brought the music to the show. As for the other half of your sentence...Outside of adoptive family, I have very few friends who are not classified as "My Lady". That small percentage is disqualified, due to them not actually being ladies.
    Man, I have lots of derby girl friends too. This chick could totally be my adopted sister. We could go to Reverend Horton Heat shows, Black Flag is touring again, I wish The Cramps were still alive and kicking...

Quote Originally Posted by Faith76

Man, I have lots of derby girl friends too. This chick could totally be my adopted sister. We could go to Reverend Horton Heat shows, Black Flag is touring again, I wish The Cramps were still alive and kicking...
    I too have lots of derby girl friends. Yay for derby!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    I too have lots of derby girl friends. Yay for derby!
    We know Kevin. that's how we got on the subject.

Deanna by the way is not a Roller Derby girl. She specializes in authentic fighting, not stage combat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.