Let's take a powder to Boston for chowder....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree208Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Let's take a powder to Boston for chowder.... in General Discussion; ....or in my case, for the annual CLC Grand National meet. Yes, once again, Rebecca is taking to her natural ...
    77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Let's take a powder to Boston for chowder....

....or in my case, for the annual CLC Grand National meet. Yes, once again, Rebecca is taking to her natural element, the Eisenhower Interstate Highway System, for a round-trip transcontinental journey. I'm heading out over the northern route, and returning via the southern route. The entire trip should total something like 6500 miles.

I left home this morning around 5am. Fortunately, I live far enough outside LA that I can skirt the city itself and get to open road fairly quickly. Once on I-15, it's been an easy drive from Victorville, CA to Provo, UT, where I've stopped for the night. Along the way, I lunched in Las Vegas, marvelled at the beauty of the Virgin River Gorge and southern UT, and caught the tiniest bit of rain just north of St. George. If I had the time, I'd have taken US 89 instead of I-15 through UT, as it's a stunning drive with fabulous scenery.

Now, I know you're all wanting pictures, but you'll have to wait, as my camera doesn't talk to my tablet, and though the tablet takes pictures, my hands are too shaky for them to come out decently.

If all continues to go well, I should hit Gillette, WY, sometime tomorrow afternoon. Rebecca is carrying something very special for a younger sister of hers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Let's take a powder to Boston for chowder....

Bon voyage, Craig! Don't let them put any "powder" in your chowder!
    Faith76 likes this.

Garys is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1968 CDV / 1970 FWB /1979 FWB / 1995 Eldo

Looks like you should have good weather all the way! Got to respect a real driver!!!! ; )
    77CDV and 93DevilleUSMC like this.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

I'm so jeaolus of you!
    greencadillacmatt likes this.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Still wish I could have joined you, but work has conspired against me. Lame.

What is most terrible is I COULD have driven up, stayed for the event and driven back, making plenty of stops along the way, taking two weeks for the whole thing, but for only one or two days, I will probably be required here. Beaten by a mere couple work-related duties. Lame.

Anyhow, have fun Craig. I already know I don't need to remind you to get photos.

For anyone curious, there is a thread someplace from the 2012 CLC Grand National meet in Saint Augustine. if you'd like to spool through the photographs. Hope you see some familiar faces in Boston, Craig.
    77CDV and 93DevilleUSMC like this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post

If all continues to go well, I should hit Gillette, WY, sometime tomorrow afternoon. Rebecca is carrying something very special for a younger sister of hers.
    Alexandra and I are MOST honored That is quite a title!
    77CDV and greencadillacmatt like this.

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    Now that is a road trip!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    When and where in the Boston area? Do I remember right you said last year it was Quincy?

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Still wish I could have joined you, but work has conspired against me. Lame.

What is most terrible is I COULD have driven up, stayed for the event and driven back, making plenty of stops along the way, taking two weeks for the whole thing, but for only one or two days, I will probably be required here. Beaten by a mere couple work-related duties. Lame.

Anyhow, have fun Craig. I already know I don't need to remind you to get photos.

For anyone curious, there is a thread someplace from the 2012 CLC Grand National meet in Saint Augustine. if you'd like to spool through the photographs. Hope you see some familiar faces in Boston, Craig.
    Wish you were able to join me, too, Chamus. I had a blast hanging out with you last year. Pesky employment! I will definitely take lots and lots of pictures at the meet. From what I've seen, it should be about twice the size of the one in FL last year.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    When and where in the Boston area? Do I remember right you said last year it was Quincy?
    You are correct, sir! Quincy it is. The formal car show is on Saturday, 8/3, but cars will start arriving Monday if they haven't already.

Today I slept in finally hitting the road about 9. The first part of my trip took me north out of Provo, UT, along US 189 through Provo Canyon along the Jordan River. Absolutely phenominal scenery, and a very pleasant drive. It seems to be the way to a lot of Utah's ski resorts, and there are lakes a-plenty.

I made my way up to I-80 with more than a little trepidation. In 2005, I drove Rebecca to Des Moines, where the Grand National was held that year. My route took my on I-70 over the Rockies, and that was arduous! Rebecca was gasping for breath all the way up the grade, struggling to hold 50 with the pedal floored. I expected something similar on I-80, but it seems that either the Rockies aren't as tall along 80 or the route I took made the climb so gradually that neither I nor Rebecca noticed. Much to my surprise, I was crossing the border into WY in short order.

Western WY is lovely. Rock formations and colors reminicent of northern AZ, with wide open blue skies and those puffy, unreal-looking clouds you only get out west. Further east, the land flattens out into rolling plains. There are still hills, but distant for the most part. In any case, I traversed east and north, and am now in Gillette. In fact, I should be seeing Luke any time (I've already glimpsed Alexandra...it's not a huge place, Gillette).

Tomorrow will be a purely travel day. If I'm very good, and Rebecca stays happy, I expect to see Dave (Talismandave) Sunday.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Where in Quincy?

Is they a charge for spectators?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Don't know if I can make it, but I'd like to check it out. If even only for a short time...

Gillette is by no means large!

I GOT TO MEET CRAIG!!

And I gots car parts! Got my skirts! It appears I may need some brackets for mounting them, but Craig said he's check the yards in CA for the appropriate part. Otherwise, all I need to do is repaint them, add the chrome, and BOOM!! I also got a PRISTINE hood liner!

Oh, and in case anybody wanted my thoughts on Rebecca....

Got some duo shots in:

and the classic car guy shot

Dave, you're in for a treat. I add to the unanimous consensus that Craig is awesome.

And now with a Mini meet under my belt, I think I need to hit the road! More mini meets!!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Craig is a class act man!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Looks like a good time Luke, I think you and Alexandra should have just followed him to Madison!

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Looks like a good time Luke, I think you and Alexandra should have just followed him to Madison!
    I was seriously considering it, but sadly I think AZ wouldn't approve of an unnotified and immediate absence.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.