Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.? in General Discussion; Whether for better or worse I have lived many places in the United States. I am always interested in what ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.?

Whether for better or worse I have lived many places in the United States. I am always interested in what makes a place "great" for those that live their or have just visited the place.

Granted to there are many drawbacks one of my favorite American cities: traffic, occasional air quality, taxes, cost of owning a home. But for an interesting lace to live (I am not so sure as a place to visit) Los Angeles offers me the interesting environment. Frequently, when learning I am from L.A., don't you miss the weather, sometimes I am truthful, and say what I really miss about L.A. are the people.

Far from the "layed back" complacent place that East Coast folks have loved to look down their noses at as they try to cope with visiting the city. Angelenos are a hard working, industrious folk although it is true they are less full of themselves and more open to new ideas and different experiences than their peers in some other American cities.

But what I like best about L.A. is the incredible variety of experience that the city offers. Whether it is the wide variety of ethnic neighborhoods that make up the city, or the range of locals (beaches to snow covered mountains in Winter), or the fine cuisine of some of the best restaurants in the country to faire on offer from the food trucks and mom and pop cafes. No other city comes close, except for NYC.

What is your favorite city?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Re: Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.?

I am 2.5 miles away from NYC and only been there 6 times in the last 10 years because I hate it so much lol

I tend to prefer Rural area's with fresh locally grown produce in summer or small cities like Lancaster, Easton, Jim Thorpe,West Chester, Elk mountain P.A., Kingston N.Y.
    ben.gators and Faith76 like this.

You are not alone in your dislike of NYC. My wife and son really despise the place. And you are also not alone in not going to large cities. When I lived in New Jersey (Moorestown) I knew many people who had never been to NYC (which was only 90 miles away) and many who rarely went to Philadelphia (even though it was 15 miles away) and even some that had never been to Philadelphia!

You seem to know what you like and the type of place that satisfies you and where you feel comfortable. That is good!

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    You are not alone in your dislike of NYC. My wife and son really despise the place. And you are also not alone in not going to large cities. When I lived in New Jersey (Moorestown) I knew many people who had never been to NYC (which was only 90 miles away) and many who rarely went to Philadelphia (even though it was 15 miles away) and even some that had never been to Philadelphia!

You seem to know what you like and the type of place that satisfies you and where you feel comfortable. That is good!
    My b.f. is from down that way and he even hates everything about North jersey he cant grip the fact that it takes 45 minutes to get to the mall that is 4 miles away lol

Your description is 100% I guess it is a Jersey thing but what do expect when people only recognize only one of the 4 parts? lol

I am getting ready to explore V.A. next week Doswell, Williamsburg ect.. I wanna see one of those Stuckeys places lol

Hope you will enjoy Williamsburg, although it is pretty crowded this time of year. I prefer some of the more western towns like Lexington and Staunton. Virginia is loaded with history .... even more so than New Jersey because of the Civil War as well as the battle grounds of the Revolution. Along with all the historical sites Virginia is also a state with a variety of beautiful areas: the Blue Ridge and Apalachian mountains, the Shenandoah Valley and the Tidewater area (Williamsburg, etc). By and large the people are pleasant

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Fairbanks, Alaska because of the weather and the people. When you talk to somebody on the street you have no idea what their story might be. There are very few that are here by chance. The winter weather takes care of that. A happenstance of life that might be considered an adventure somewhere else can rapidly expand into a life threatening experience in the blink of an eye. People have a different outlook on life. If you can't fend for yourself you could wind up in big trouble. On the other hand the scenery and the ambience is unmatched anywhere. If you are looking for solitude it is here. If you want to pit your wits against mother nature, this is the place. If you want to interact with friendly, sociable people they are here. If you want to live the life of a hermit you can do that too. There's nobody to tell you that you can't cut down the trees in your yard. There's nobody to tell you that you can't plant a garden. You can put up just about any size flagpole and fly as big an American flag as you want. The most heinous crime you can commit is to illegally kill a moose and waste the meat. We're different and proud of it.
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

I really like Pittsburgh. It's clean, a nice size, people are usually nice as long as you are wearing Steelers gear. Things aren't priced too steep, and there is lots to do. The only thing I really dislike is the driving situation. With those rivers, one missed turn could mean a 7 mile detour!

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Not a fan of Cities. I have been known to appreciate many forests, villages and mountains though.
    77CDV likes this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 01 ETC, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Tucson, with Santa Fe a close second.
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

So far, Santa Barbara CA. Then Seattle and Sacramento. Tri-Cities WA can kiss my arse!

salvi02dhs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac deville DHS and 1971 cadillac sedan deville
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentm
    So far, Santa Barbara CA. Then Seattle and Sacramento. Tri-Cities WA can kiss my arse!
    That's funny I moved from the tricities (pasco) to santa Maria which is about an hour north of Santa Barbra. Still miss it sometimes never enough to want to move back.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

San Diego
    Sacramento. My uncle lives in El Dorado hills, a small city 20 miles east of Sacramento. I visited him two months ago and stayed at his house which faces Folsom lake. What a clean, beautiful, and classy place to be and live!
    Scottsdale. It is not my favorite city in the US, but it is the best city that I have lived in.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

I loved Baltimore when i went down there with my Father 8-10 years ago in his STS. But i pretty much hate all city's because the people there all seem to be nasty people. Went to NYC had people bumping into me and such no sorry nothing just kept walking also the roads suck and everything there costs way to much $$$$.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    San Diego
    Sacramento. My uncle lives in El Dorado hills, a small city 20 miles east of Sacramento. I visited him two months ago and stayed at his house that faces Folsom lake. What a clean, beautiful, and classy place to be and live!
    Scottsdale. It is not my favorite city in the US, but it is the best city that I have lived in.
    Born and raised in south sacramento here

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    Another reason to love that area is that the housing is not crazy expensive! 300k buys you a very, beautiful, clean house in that area!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.