Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree8Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.? in General Discussion; Dang! Columbus isn't on ANY if your radars! I actually kinda like it here tho. Lol...
    truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Dang! Columbus isn't on ANY if your radars! I actually kinda like it here tho. Lol

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Re: Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.?

I haven't traveled much, but from my limited experience I like Laramie. The college kids are bearable, the townsfolk are generally decent, the police are reasonable, the scenery is gorgeous, and the skies are wide open

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 02603sec View Post
    In this order:
    Favorites;

City of Chicago is top. Stay at the Drake, do business in loop, go for cocktails Gibson's, Late night at the Lodge.. Cubs, Bears, Blues..

Chicago
    San Francisco
    New York
    Miami
    San Diego
    Scottsdale
    Indianapolis
    Milwaukee
    Cleveland
    Pittsburg
    Tampa
    Nashville
    Raleigh Durham

Least:

New Orleans
    Atlanta
    wash DC
    Baltimore
    Boston
    Orlando
    Charlotte
    Your opinion is invalid.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Here's another vote for "least favorite" for Boston. Although it is a close tie with Philadelphia. Both cities suffer from the extreme prejudices that their various ethnic groups show towards each other, and it is very apparent when visiting either city. Both have good points, Boston has very good seafood, Philadelphia has cheese steaks and hoagies. Both have historical things to see ..... but I would never want to live in either city.

vincentm is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Here's another vote for "least favorite" for Boston. Although it is a close tie with Philadelphia. Both cities suffer from the extreme prejudices that their various ethnic groups show towards each other, and it is very apparent when visiting either city. Both have good points, Boston has very good seafood, Philadelphia has cheese steaks and hoagies. Both have historical things to see ..... but I would never want to live in either city.
    I would never want to live in the NE period

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    hahahaha

----------

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post

I would never want to live in the NE period
    Do you always spell out your punctuation without using punctuation?
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Chicago traffic sucks but it's great to visit. I'd be reluctant to live there but I'm happy to be a train ride away. As for living in the northeast, the taxes and congestion in most metro areas are a huge turnoff. The cost often outweighs the benefits. I'd effectively be taking a 30-50% pay cut by moving to some American cities.

If I'm going to have my bank account drained and live among a bunch of crazies, I'll take west coast weather.

Like drew, I like having four seasons in the midwest but the humidity stinks. My electric bills triple in the summer.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    Dang! Columbus isn't on ANY if your radars! I actually kinda like it here tho. Lol
    Columbus is very underrated. Yeah it's Ohio, but it's a nice city full of decent people with a lot of nice areas. It isn't #1 at anything but it's darn good at everything.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda
    Chicago traffic sucks

----------

Columbus is very underrated. Yeah it's Ohio, but it's a nice city full of decent people with a lot of nice areas. It isn't #1 at anything but it's darn good at everything.

Couldn't agree more on both statements. Especially the Chicago traffic comment! Lol. I was in AM rush hr once, sitting still, as most traffic in Chicago gets places, and I look in my mirror and see some idiot in a nearly new XJ8 starting to pull UNDER my trailer trying to change lanes. When the frame rail on my trailer about met his windshield, he slammed on his brakes.

Far as Columbus goes, up until 2 years ago, I NEVER liked dealing with big cities. Grew up in the country. Spent a lotta time on my dads farm and never figured I'd enjoy city anything. But I learned I really enjoy the array of different things and cultures. Love having the ability to try a new restaurant every weekend. Plus the ability to try things like the "world of beers" where they've got hundreds of beers to try. And of course the entertainment. Places like the Funny Bone and all the festivals threw the summer.

Far as stuff like that, I've decided I really like the city. But, for living, we think when we buy a house, it'll be in the country somewhere. I wanna have room for bonfires and target shooting. Things like that.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

5th generation Washingtonian/southern Marylander - great city in the 50's, is a true mess and hellhole now. Never go there (around it, maybe).
    Nothing north of the Delaware Memorial Bridge/I-95 corridor. A humanity and friendship desert. (far, far too much Navy time in New London, CT; Hartford, CT; Newport, RI; Boston, MA and Portsmouth, NH. NYC was decent liberty in groups of 10)
    Naples, Italy was fun, cheap, and nice people.
    Seville, Spain is beautiful, nice people, good brandy.
    Port Said, Egypt is a scum hole.
    Istanbul, Turkey is .......... interesting.
    Isle of Palms, SC
    Charleston, SC
    Savannah, GA
    Hickory, NC
    Almost anywhere in eastern Kentucky, Tennessee, western Virginia/North Carolina/South Carolina/Georgia, Guntersville, Alabama.

Poor little Kent Island/Stevensville, MD - unmarred by 300 years of progress - is not too shabby, either. Been here 27 years and it's right fine to be considered one of the good ol' boys. ("Progress" - in the form of development - is upon us, though. Too bad.)
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

vincentm is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

Seattle was great the two days I was there. Again, a major city on the ocean is a big draw to me. Puget Sound is gorgeous and eating seafood that isn't found everywhere in New England is such a great experience. If its not raining, I love it there, too.
    I moved to Downtown Seattle from Sacramento 11 yrs ago and stood in the downtown area for 3 years, work was down the street, i could walk home for lunch, i lived on 4th and Vine, watering holes within walking distance, the Seattle Center was right around the corner (literally). During the summer, id get off work catch some drinks at my fave bar then walk to pioneer square to attend a mariners game. Life was awesome, perfect town/area to be in when youre single.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.