Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.? in General Discussion; I thought the north end of the San Joaquin Valley had a real unemployment problem, not to mention a high ...
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Do you have a favorite city in the U.S.?

I thought the north end of the San Joaquin Valley had a real unemployment problem, not to mention a high crime rate.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I don't know about that part! I was in the east part of Sacramento, and there was a very high end place to live!

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

I was born and raised in the Bay Area (CA) and have lived here most of my life. I have been to Ireland, Japan, Hong Kong various places in the states but I always find my way back. I work in San Jose because that's where the High Tech jobs are. I communte to Morgan Hill which has a Population of about 40,000 people which would be small in comparision to San Jose Which is close to 1 million people.

San Francisco is an okay place to visit but I actually prefer the more Rural areas myself.

Close to Beaches, Snow, Lakes, Strip clubs (), and some nice restuarants and clubs.

As a friend of mine once said, it is like a sore pecker... Can't beat it!

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    I loved Baltimore when i went down there with my Father 8-10 years ago in his STS. But i pretty much hate all city's because the people there all seem to be nasty people. Went to NYC had people bumping into me and such no sorry nothing just kept walking also the roads suck and everything there costs way to much $$$$.
    Baltimore 8-10 years ago was a vastly different place. Also, a walk across the street there can be a totally different city! My Ex-Husband is from there and I take my son to see his Grandma every year. They live in the ghetto. I love it, but I'll never take my Cadillac there overnight!
    Cadillac Kid03 likes this.

In my opinion Baltimore has some of the best restaurants south of New York City. I haven't been there for over twelve years, but things seem to be heading up the last time I was there.

Baltimore must be the museum capital of the world. They seem to have a museum for everything under the sun!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

As far as a place to live I have never been to a place that made me think I would rather there than here in Madison. It is large enough that you can find everything you need/want 24 hours a day, yet small enough that everyone you meet you find you are connected to them somehow. Anywhere I go I run into people I know and it really feels like a small town. We get the full range of seasons and all weather conditions. within the city there are 4 lakes and lots of wooded areas and parks.

As far as travels go, there are several places I have been that I am always drawn back to again and again. They all have the same effect on me. When I arrive in them it is like a huge exhale and release of all anxiety and worries. They are all places that every time I have been to them I have felt at peace.
    Key West FL, Ludington MI, and Waynesboro WV.(End of Skyline Dr.)

The other places I enjoy visiting for fun are Chicago IL, Bardstown KY, Boulder CO, and yeah I know it's not in the US, Toronto Canada.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Portland, Oregon by a wide margin. Calm weather, nice people, lots of jobs, decent education choices, reasonable cost of living.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Portland, Oregon by a wide margin. Calm weather, nice people, lots of jobs, decent education choices, reasonable cost of living.
    I love the drive there from Kennewick

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by salvi02dhs View Post
    That's funny I moved from the tricities (pasco) to santa Maria which is about an hour north of Santa Barbra. Still miss it sometimes never enough to want to move back.
    Ive alot of family in Lompoc, Santa Barbara. My mom was born in Santa Maria and raised in SB

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    I prefer the country side 10 fold over any city. I really can't say what city is my favorite tho. Even with all the cities I've been too with my job. To me, most cities are all the same with subtle differences. I really like cities that are on rivers such as St. Louis, Cincinnati, Louisville, cities like that. And I prefer older cities of the east over newer ones of the west. Well I don't like driving a truck thru the old cities. Lol. Boston and Pittsburg, a real PITA to maneuver an 18 wheeler thru.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Austin Texas, for all the same reasons as L.A.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    As far as a place to live I have never been to a place that made me think I would rather there than here in Madison. It is large enough that you can find everything you need/want 24 hours a day, yet small enough that everyone you meet you find you are connected to them somehow. Anywhere I go I run into people I know and it really feels like a small town. We get the full range of seasons and all weather conditions. within the city there are 4 lakes and lots of wooded areas and parks.

As far as travels go, there are several places I have been that I am always drawn back to again and again. They all have the same effect on me. When I arrive in them it is like a huge exhale and release of all anxiety and worries. They are all places that every time I have been to them I have felt at peace.
    Key West FL, Ludington MI, and Waynesboro WV.(End of Skyline Dr.)

The other places I enjoy visiting for fun are Chicago IL, Bardstown KY, Boulder CO, and yeah I know it's not in the US, Toronto Canada.
    Madison, Wisconsin is a lovely place with everything going for except two things: Winter and Summer! And since Spring and Fall only last for two weeks each in the northern Midwest that is a problem.

When I lived in Madison, during my four years at the U of W-Madison I really enjoyed this small city's many assets. However, I never got used to the "Frost Bite" alerts, although those long frigid walks home on a cold Winter's night made for some fun times getting warm! As for Summer, having experienced inland Chicago in Summer (the hottest, most physically miserable Summer I have ever spent. And I have been known to be stuck in some hot and humid climes) I made sure I was out of Madison by the middle of June.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

As far as the weather, having Lake Michigan nearby helps - so places like Milwaukee, Port Washington, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, Green Bay, etc don't quite see the extremes that the rest of the state does. The lake keeps the eastern edge of the state cool in the summer and warm in the winter, in relative terms.

The summer humidity is what's inescapable. Like Dave, I appreciate all four seasons, but the summer humidity is the part I like the least. Dew points above 65 or so are terribad.

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    I have a lot of pride in Boston. The people are hard to befriend but once you do, you have good friends. It's on the ocean. It has a big city feel and attitude but you don't need to drive hours to get out of it and into the country. You're close to about anything.

San Fran is another favorite of mine. I love the waterfront, the hills, the cable cars, the Golden Gate, the parks. And pretty much all of the California coast has amazing driving roads. If I weren't in Boston, that's probably where I'd be.

Seattle was great the two days I was there. Again, a major city on the ocean is a big draw to me. Puget Sound is gorgeous and eating seafood that isn't found everywhere in New England is such a great experience. If its not raining, I love it there, too.

For other cities I like,

Miami
    Chicago
    Portland, OR
    Cleveland(seriously)
    Pittsburgh(nestled in the surroundings)

Cities I don't like,

Dallas
    Little Rock
    El Paso
    Los Angeles
    NYC(man should not live in concrete and metal)

02603sec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 1SF Black V8 2006
    In this order:
    Favorites;

City of Chicago is top. Stay at the Drake, do business in loop, go for cocktails Gibson's, Late night at the Lodge.. Cubs, Bears, Blues..

Chicago
    San Francisco
    New York
    Miami
    San Diego
    Scottsdale
    Indianapolis
    Milwaukee
    Cleveland
    Pittsburg
    Tampa
    Nashville
    Raleigh Durham

Least:

New Orleans
    Atlanta
    wash DC
    Baltimore
    Boston
    Orlando
    Charlotte

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.