Dbags of Walmart
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Dbags of Walmart in General Discussion; Somebody hit my car in Walmart Parking lot on Saturday and took off. Of course because I parked very carefully ...
    Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

Dbags of Walmart

Somebody hit my car in Walmart Parking lot on Saturday and took off. Of course because I parked very carefully far away it wasn't caught on camera. The cop was even pissed. "Jesus miss, you even keep curb feelers on this thing and some jerk does this!" My Boyfriend buffed off most of the black paint that was left by the offender, but I do need a little bit of spot paint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Dbags of Walmart

Probably done on purpose - just like the worthless scum that would key a paint job.

www.paintscratch.com

Your paint code is on the RPO sticker ??? under the spare tire cover ???

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I have had my cars "keyed" twice. The first time was my Audi 5000S which was keyed at football game at my son's high school. The second was with my Alfa Romeo 164S which had just under gone a $3600. repaint job and was really looking great (it was eight years old and the early nineties clear coat had not stood up well). That Alfa was keyed from front to back down the whole side of the car. This was done in a parking lot in the very affluent northern Virginia town of Great Falls. No one ever said that a high level of education (Fairfax County has among the very highest level education and income in the U.S.) and income had anything to do with a better class of people. (the most "nouveaux riche," self centered, rude area I have ever lived in was the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.)

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

You should be glad that you didn't spend much time in MD - specifically Montgomery County. ................ You're in genteel heaven now.

............... and Karen and I are itching to completely leave this lousy state.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Probably done on purpose - just like the worthless scum that would key a paint job.

www.paintscratch.com

Your paint code is on the RPO sticker ??? under the spare tire cover ???
    My boyfriend is just going to get the paint from work. He might be behind a desk now, but he is still a good mix monkey!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I have had my cars "keyed" twice. The first time was my Audi 5000S which was keyed at football game at my son's high school. The second was with my Alfa Romeo 164S which had just under gone a $3600. repaint job and was really looking great (it was eight years old and the early nineties clear coat had not stood up well). That Alfa was keyed from front to back down the whole side of the car. This was done in a parking lot in the very affluent northern Virginia town of Great Falls. No one ever said that a high level of education (Fairfax County has among the very highest level education and income in the U.S.) and income had anything to do with a better class of people. (the most "nouveaux riche," self centered, rude area I have ever lived in was the northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.)
    I lived in DC, Fairfax, Manassas, Woodbridge, Quantico, I even lived in NE DC and it never happened to me, but I did see plenty of it. You are right about the rudeness of those people too.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    You should be glad that you didn't spend much time in MD - specifically Montgomery County. ................ You're in genteel heaven now.

............... and Karen and I are itching to completely leave this lousy state.
    Come on over to WA

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Faith76 View Post
    Somebody hit my car in Walmart Parking lot on Saturday and took off. Of course because I parked very carefully far away it wasn't caught on camera. The cop was even pissed. "Jesus miss, you even keep curb feelers on this thing and some jerk does this!" My Boyfriend buffed off most of the black paint that was left by the offender, but I do need a little bit of spot paint.
    I hate to read stuff like this. I hope they get caught next time, 'cause its probably not their first and only time.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ If you are referring to me and my residence in The Richmond, VA suburbs I couldn't agree more. I noticed it immediately after moving down here from NOVA. The civility of the people here is so pleasant to be around, ..... it makes up for the lousy restaurant food!

I wouldn't have wanted to spend my "career" years here; just to parochial for my tastes. But when it comes pleasant daily life I haven't experienced any place as nice. Contrary to many people's opinion California is in, general, a civil place to live. As a native Californian who grew up in Pasadena, I have always found most Californians to be polite and easy to get along with. But I have to admit that starting in the late seventies and becoming ever more evident in the eighties, Los Angeles has become progressively less civil and what I have come to believe is "mid Atlantic" self centered rudeness began to be more of the norm than the exception. Some blamed on BMW air conditioning (my son for instance), but the truth was that it was more the result of the proliferation of young folks who apparently were neither raised with respect for others, or were such ego centric idiots that they truly believed their misguided superiority and privilege. Most of them involved in the so called "Industry."
    Faith76 likes this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409
    Going to go bunk up with TP in FL.?

basscatt likes this.

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Retitle thread :
    What Did Someone Else Do To Your Car Today
    77CDV and Faith76 like this.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Sorry to hear this, but the good news is if your BF is at all handy with a rattle can, black is the easiest color to touch up.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Her Deville is beige/gold. The car that hit her was black. Unless it was the Lincoln that got hit?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Oops! Well I guess the dirtbag will have an easy touch up.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

I park at the front of the parking lot at Walmart in the Handicapped zone (which is interestingly not divided into parking "spots" but just one big, blue area...WTF...) Where I am safely on eight different cameras (plus my dashcamera)

The reason for this is because while I do not fear random harassment or vandalism (though that is a GIVEN in the Hearse-Owner community. Most of us have had at least $500 or so caused in intentional damages at complete random, at least once) but because it is an old habit I devised for that area.

My car has been intentionally vandalized, assaulted, damaged and everything else you can imagine...by the same exact group of people, under command of one particular individual. To this day, there are two missing trim pieces I have been unable to replace. But, this group has had far worse things happen to them over the last five years.

To quote a Zombie Film (The only kind worth quoting)

"Do what you want with a man, but DO NOT F**K with his Cadillac."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.