Dbags of Walmart - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Dbags of Walmart in General Discussion; Originally Posted by cadillac kevin Interestingly enough, cadillac had 3 shades of gloss tan in the mid 80s. Mine is ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Dbags of Walmart

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Interestingly enough, cadillac had 3 shades of gloss tan in the mid 80s. Mine is a yellowish tan, but there is also a silvery tan and a basic tan (like mine but not as yellow). Then there was that metallic silvery tan (antelope?).
    I love tan and champagne cars. For the color itself but also because our local dirt is close to that which cuts down on car washes. If I ever have a car custom painted, I'll bring them a handful of dirt from where I live and tell them to match it.
    CadillacLuke24 and Faith76 like this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

^^^ The best and the worst thing (well not really) about my Audi 5000S Avant was that it was painted "Gobi Tan" (very appropriately named if you have ever seen the Gobi Desert). The car never looked dirty, but conversely the car never really looked clean either. This car spent a good part of its' life hauling Boy Scouts on camping trips and sitting in dirt parking lots at horse facilities. Come to think of it the Audi's best feature was its' color!
    77CDV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    The best and the worst thing (well not really) about my Audi 5000S Avant was that it was painted "Gobi Tan"
    I thought the worst thing about Audi 5000s was having to constantly replace the back wall of the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I thought the worst thing about Audi 5000s was having to constantly replace the back wall of the garage.
    That was only a small bother compared to having to drive all those Lincoln Towncars while the Audi was in the shop!
    Hoosier Daddy and Faith76 like this.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    I love tan and champagne cars. For the color itself but also because our local dirt is close to that which cuts down on car washes. If I ever have a car custom painted, I'll bring them a handful of dirt from where I live and tell them to match it.
    Theres a gravel lot behind my backyard, so I am glad that my car is the color it is. The only way to tell it's dirty is when the paint loses its' sheen. Dull car= time for a car wash (when I get around to it). OTOH, my lesabre is metallic burgundy, which looks stunning when clean, but is always dirty looking thanks to the dust rolling off the gravel lot. If I am taking the lesabre somewhere, I wash it that day, because the next day it will look like it has sat for months again.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    Being blind in one eye is not an absolute disqualifying factor for a pilot's certificate. The FAA falls back on demonstrated ability on that one like they do with many disabilities. If you can pass the check ride you are good to go.
    Pilots license? Who said anything about a pilots license?

Originally Posted by Ranger
    I would think you'd have a bigger problem getting a drivers license.

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski View Post
    Being blind in one eye is not an absolute disqualifying factor for a pilot's certificate.
    That's just because of sizable campaign contributions by the CPA (Cyclops Pilots Association).
    77CDV, orconn and CadillacLuke24 like this.

^^^ If you lived around the Los Angeles Basin you would be very familiar with the Cyclops Pilots Assoc.. They are the guys that are continually thinking that they can fly through the San Gabriel mountains and end up as new geographical features! They also are known to occasionally try and merge with traffic on the 605 freeway.

I didn't know that the CPA had gone international and commercial but recent events in San Francisco would indicate they have some new members from Korea.

Bewbzout is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): S60R / Impala SS

Well you were at Walmart but regardless of that people nowadays are just plain stupid and inconsiderate.

^^^ I've got news for you, Bewbzout, people have always been stupid and inconsiderate .... it's just that they don't bother to get dressed to go out shopping and they can't park their cars straight anymore!
    77CDV likes this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kevin View Post
    Interestingly enough, cadillac had 3 shades of gloss tan in the mid 80s. Mine is a yellowish tan, but there is also a silvery tan and a basic tan (like mine but not as yellow). Then there was that metallic silvery tan (antelope?).
    I nominate YOU to name the next round of Cadillac colors. I can imagine it now. First there's metallic silvery tan, then there's metallic brownish gold, then there's red red, then there's maroon red, then there's orange red.....
    77CDV and talismandave like this.

What about "Slippery Silver Sparkle," "No Wash Umber Metallic," "Vaguely Pearly White Extra," "Not Just Black!," "Blue Screw You Metallic," "Envy Green Metallic," "It looks good in the Showroom Beige Gazelle."
    77CDV, CadillacLuke24 and Faith76 like this.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Dark black?
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

As opposed to light black?
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

1957 Ditzler Candy Apple Red transparent over gold metalflake + 3 coats of hand-rubbed clear lacquer.

This is NOT my car
    , but it's so damn close to one that Gordon Tatum and I built in 1955-6 that it puts a big lump in my throat. Classic Candy Apple. Completely tricked out B-Block and a Zephyr 4-speed. (I start snooping for stuff like this and the Force is still strong ............. )........... all those hood louvers are hand punched and formed.

Now you know why I went for a Crimson Pearl STS .............

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.