Dbags of Walmart - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Dbags of Walmart in General Discussion; Probably drives a 4 cylinder mustang too Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 I'v worked for the Company and can tell ...
    Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

Re: Dbags of Walmart

Probably drives a 4 cylinder mustang too
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    I'v worked for the Company and can tell you there is strange people who shop there and work there! There's a guy in my local one and he wears girls capri pants LOL....

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Does he work there? Or is he just trying them on?
    Works there and wears them just about everyday in the summer. He also talks to himself and kind of starts fights with himself? I don't know its odd. There are like 10 people that work there that i can talk about.
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I have never had a problem at my local WM, parking or otherwise, but I have seen the "People of Walmart" emails that go around. Dems som straaange peepls.
    77CDV and CadillacLuke24 like this.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    I'v worked for the Company and can tell you there is strange people who shop there and work there! There's a guy in my local one and he wears girls capri pants LOL....
    That's just the times. I have a relative who works for an airline who says the CEO sometimes flies commercial and he does so in drag, ..........flaming drag.

But yeah, Walmart has some strange employees. Walmart was the 1st store that carried a phone I wanted and the guy who helped me could not have bathed in weeks and obviously had a 2nd job as a sauna life guard.
    Faith76 likes this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

No wonder those that can afford the membership are flocking to Costco. I know that there is a "Sam's Club" but corporate culture is corporate culture!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

I never had major issues with people at Walmart, but common sense dictates to give anyone and everyone there their space.
    77CDV and Faith76 like this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

It might surprise you, but you can see brand new E series and S series MBs, 3-series and 5-series BMWs, and Cadillacs at my local WM! Actually the only ATS that I have seen on the island was parked on Sams club's parking lot! It was a 2.0L T premium!

The other stores are so outrageously expensive that even rich people prefer to shop from Walmart! Walmart, Sam's club, and costco are very few stores that the prices are comparable to the prices in the mainland.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

It has always gagged me that the people of Hawaii buy that bull sh.t that the reason everything is so expensive is because it has to be shipped from the mainland in ocean going vessels.

They've never seem to figure out that the mainland's goods are shipped by ocean going vessels to the Mainland U.S and a lot of stuff is flown in from Europe and South America and is considerably less expensive than the outrageous prices that are charged in Hawaii. The myths of the "Big Five" live on when they no longer make sense .... except to those who profiteering from them!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    It has always gagged me that the people of Hawaii buy that bull sh.t that the reason everything is so expensive is because it has to be shipped from the mainland in ocean going vessels.

They've never seem to figure out that the mainland's goods are shipped by ocean going vessels to the Mainland U.S and a lot of stuff is flown in from Europe and South America and is considerably less expensive than the outrageous prices that are charged in Hawaii. The myths of the "Big Five" live on when they no longer make sense .... except to those who profiteering from them!
    Exactly! I am not willing to pay even one cent extra for BS like "we are living on an island", or "everything needs to be shipped", blah blah blah....
    As for cars, some dealerships have something called market value adjustment, and they try to sell cars for more than MSRP! This is very common among the brands that have just one dealership on the entire island! And the sad point is some actually fall for it and pay the asked "MSRP+market value adjustment"!

If you believe that almost everything Americans buy comes from China, shouldn't most things be a lot cheaper in Hawaii since it's a shorter boat trip?
    77CDV and Faith76 like this.

I got the paint to fix the offensive mark today. Thus, ending the battle between the BF and I about the color name. He said "Antelope" I said "Light Champagne". Glad to know I know my car better than the paint guy! Champagne wins!
    77CDV likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith76 View Post
    I got the paint to fix the offensive mark today. Thus, ending the battle between the BF and I about the color name. He said "Antelope" I said "Light Champagne". Glad to know I know my car better than the paint guy! Champagne wins!
    I'm curious, was Antelope even a metallic paint (if it was a real color)?

Antelope is real, but not as metallic as champagne. At the show on Sunday, a 1990 was parked next to me, nearly the same color, but not as sparkly. The owner told me her car was antelope too. My BF insisted it was the same color, just mine had lived inside its' whole life so it was shinier. He wrong!

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    I would think you'd have a bigger problem getting a drivers license.
    Being blind in one eye is not an absolute disqualifying factor for a pilot's certificate. The FAA falls back on demonstrated ability on that one like they do with many disabilities. If you can pass the check ride you are good to go.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Faith76
    Antelope is real, but not as metallic as champagne. At the show on Sunday, a 1990 was parked next to me, nearly the same color, but not as sparkly. The owner told me her car was antelope too. My BF insisted it was the same color, just mine had lived inside its' whole life so it was shinier. He wrong!
    Interestingly enough, cadillac had 3 shades of gloss tan in the mid 80s. Mine is a yellowish tan, but there is also a silvery tan and a basic tan (like mine but not as yellow). Then there was that metallic silvery tan (antelope?).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.