Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?) - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Like Tree117Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?) in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy They don't include passports but I've thought of that. First, with the exception of NY ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    They don't include passports but I've thought of that.

First, with the exception of NY and DC, the cop has probably never stopped a diplomat or was trained for it and would never think to ask for a passport. Second, if one does I simply tell the D. A. I will try this in the court of public opinion and see what they think of your notion that Americans need passports to travel between states. Third, if all else fails there's always: "look, your shoe lace is untied".
    You apparently are not aware that Thunderbird University was used to train US diplomats and as well as corporate personnel in languages and protocols before sending them overseas. So some of the older LEO's maybe familiar with diplomatic status.

Another small detail that you forgot about was that diplomats cars have special license plates which also confer diplomatic status. These plates are issued by states as well as by the State Department. While embassy personnel are located in Washington, D.C., there are Consulate Generals and Consulates located in cities all around the United States. Consular officials are also accredited diplomats and are covered by diplomatic immunity. A LEO's sergeants call to the mayor's protocol office would put him on the right track and you on your way to hoosegow!
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    You apparently are not aware that Thunderbird University was used to train US diplomats and as well as corporate personnel in languages and protocols before sending them overseas. So some of the older LEO's maybe familiar with diplomatic status.

Another small detail that you forgot about was that diplomats cars have special license plates which also confer diplomatic status. These plates are issued by states as well as by the State Department. While embassy personnel are located in Washington, D.C., there are Consulate Generals and Consulates located in cities all around the United States. Consular officials are also accredited diplomats and are covered by diplomatic immunity. A LEO's sergeants call to the mayor's protocol office would put him on the right track and you on your way to hoosegow!
    You obviously forgot all about the shoelaces.
    ben.gators likes this.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Yeah, I did, or I missed the day they taught about the "shoelaces" in Protocol 101.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    I just had an AWESOME one today happen. No, I wasn't pulled over, but I was merging onto the interstate in my Peterbilt semi, and two cars moved over into the left lane to allow me to merge. One was a Chevy Aveo, and behind him, an Ohio state trooper. Well the Aveo came back over into my lane SO close to me AND with out a signal, that I couldn't even see his trunk lid over my hood.

I laid on my air horn and they just turned around and flipped me off!! Well the trooper pulls up beside my drivers door, takes his hand and motions for me to back off a bit. When I did, he cut in front if me and lit that Aveos ass up! I couldn't stop laughing for the next 20 miles! I can't TELL you the number of times that's happened to me and all I can do is think to myself "if only a cop saw that". Well this time he did! Lol. Made my week right there.
    SWEET! I love it when a dweeb gets rightfully nailed for their stupidity!

-----

Got pulled over today for "45" in a 35. I highly doubt I was going that fast, but given I hadn't got my most current proof of insurance in my owner's manual, I guess I will have to shut up and pay the ticket. That was also bogus, at $100. Screw you Gillette PD.

dou1t2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 Seville SLS and 99 Eldorado ESC,also 91 F-150 and a 73 MG

HoosierDaddy, I gotta ask. about 4 years ago I was working in Phoenix for a month or two, and they had this speed trap on a freeway there. The speed limit was 65 the 55, back to 65 then back to 55. This happened 3 times over the course of 3-4 miles. They had cameras flashing all the time. I was thinking, how can they take a picture of my car and see me driving in all the traffic. This was a big deal then and was all over the news. I came home and in my mail was a ticket with a picture of me in my car. To me that didn't prove anything and I wasn't going back to fight it, infact I haven't been back since. I haven't been extradited yet either! What ever came of that BS!

Quote Originally Posted by dou1t2 View Post
    HoosierDaddy, I gotta ask. about 4 years ago I was working in Phoenix for a month or two, and they had this speed trap on a freeway there. The speed limit was 65 the 55, back to 65 then back to 55. This happened 3 times over the course of 3-4 miles. They had cameras flashing all the time. I was thinking, how can they take a picture of my car and see me driving in all the traffic. This was a big deal then and was all over the news. I came home and in my mail was a ticket with a picture of me in my car. To me that didn't prove anything and I wasn't going back to fight it, infact I haven't been back since. I haven't been extradited yet either! What ever came of that BS!
    I don't know the details, but the freeway speed cameras are all gone. I haven't seen any surface street ones either for a while but the mobile ones in vans and SUVs are still in use (on surface streets) as well as red light cameras. I happen to like the idea of red light cameras although not the amount the operators get paid or how their contracts make it hard or impossible to change yellow light duration for safety reasons. i.e. the contracts restrict lengthening yellow lights because it reduces their revenues!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faith76 View Post
    They have Nation ID cards. It doesn't really do them much good though
    That reminds me of attempted pull overs. I'm ashamed of this but when in high school a few of us would drive onto a nearby reservation and tease the cops. They drove clapped out pickups and the roads were dirt, flat, arrow straight and in square grids. So it was easy to see any converging units by the dust clouds. We'd speed by a parked unit and let them try to catch us. They never left the reservation and apparently never asked anyone to aprehended us as we exited. I don't recall but we may have removed our plates. I often wondered if one of the group went on to invent Pac Man based on the experience.
    dou1t2 and Faith76 like this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I don't know the details, but the freeway speed cameras are all gone. I haven't seen any surface street ones either for a while but the mobile ones in vans and SUVs are still in use (on surface streets) as well as red light cameras. I happen to like the idea of red light cameras although not the amount the operators get paid or how their contracts make it hard or impossible to change yellow light duration for safety reasons. i.e. the contracts restrict lengthening yellow lights because it reduces heir revenues!

----------

Oh, thanks God! I hated those freeway speed cameras! They were more like a safety hazard.... People used to slam on brakes when they saw them, and that can be dangerous!
    There was a red light camera in Tempe, Rural and University Avenue, and the yellow light's duration was tuned to trap the drivers.... Couple of my friends got tickets right there!

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    Oh, thanks God! I hated those freeway speed cameras! They were more like a safety hazard.... People used to slam on brakes when they saw them, and that can be dangerous
    Yes, I was almost hit by someone skidding out of their lane when their brakes locked up.

It was also nerve wracking every time someone sailed by me and the camera flashed with me right beside them. I didn't trust that some minimum wage employee didn't toss a coin when two cars were in the picture or flag them both. I never got a letter though.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Yes, I was almost hit by someone skidding out of their lane when their brakes locked up.

It was also nerve wracking every time someone sailed by me and the camera flashed with me right beside them. I didn't trust that some minimum wage employee didn't toss a coin when two cars were in the picture or flag them both. I never got a letter though.
    I live in a state where law enforce cameras aren't legal, so no red light cameras or speeding cameras... yet. So I don't know how they work, do they take only one picture or two? I assume two for cases such as this. So if there is more than one car in the picture(s), they should be able to tell which one set off the sensor. I have seen more than one picture for red light cameras though, just haven't for a speeding camera.

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    I live in a state where law enforce cameras aren't legal, so no red light cameras or speeding cameras... yet. So I don't know how they work, do they take only one picture or two? I assume two for cases such as this. So if there is more than one car in the picture(s), they should be able to tell which one set off the sensor. I have seen more than one picture for red light cameras though, just haven't for a speeding camera.

KOT
    Front plates aren't required in AZ (or issued except for vanity and other specialty plates) so they have to have two pics to get the driver face and the plates.

Hopefully for the speeding ones, there is enough of a time lapse (wouldn't take much) to show which of two cars was going faster.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

Front plates aren't required in AZ (or issued except for vanity and other specialty plates) so they have to have two pics to get the driver face and the plates.

Hopefully for the speeding ones, there is enough of a time lapse (wouldn't take much) to show which of two cars was going faster.
    Drive everywhere in disguises

Drive everywhere in disguises
    I tried a Ronald Reagan mask but they freaked out when I entered my bank to make a deposit.
    Faith76 likes this.

Faith76 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 89 Sedan DeVille, 90 Fleetwood, 94 Fleetwood Hearse

LOL.. Like that damn VW Trololo commercial!
    I get the movie reference though. Or were you referring to the robbing of America by Reaganomics?

LOL.. Like that damn VW Trololo commercial!
    I get the movie reference though. Or were you referring to the robbing of America by Reaganomics?
    Yeah, Point Break. I forgot about the Trololo commercial. LoL
    Faith76 likes this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

I tried a Ronald Reagan mask but they freaked out when I entered my bank to make a deposit.
    Reminds me of Clarkson when he used Bill Oddie mask in Japan to avoid speed cameras!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.