Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?) - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree117Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?) in General Discussion; Does pulling cops over count? In '90 I once followed a cop for miles in city traffic while he changed ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?)

Does pulling cops over count?

In '90 I once followed a cop for miles in city traffic while he changed lanes without signalling dozens of times. I could scarsely believe it when he pulled into the same parking lot I was. So I decided to give him a good lecturing. He pulled into a parking space and I stopped behind him and got out of my car. Then he threw it in reverse and slammed into the side of my car. Apparently he just pulled in to the spot to turn around and go do the cop car mating ritual with one of his buddies parked nearby. The other cop drove over and they discussed it between themselves and decide their story would be that he hit me because I had sped behind him as he was backing out. Unfortunately for them, someone else observed me being out of the car at the time of the impact. So they decided they were going to cut me a break and let me go..... this time.

Naturally I said no dice and demanded a supervisor be dispatched. When he got there he listened to everyone's story (the witness had gone but I knew where he worked). The supervisor had no problem figuring it out. After the cops were thru telling their bull shit story, he turned to me and asked if I had a rope? I asked why, and he said so we can string these two up! LoL I hope they took what the city paid to have my car fixed out of their pay checks. I never did get the chance to lecture the cop about using his turn signal (or looking before backing up) but there is a follow up story about me getting cops banned from using that parking lot for naps and BS sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    I didn't get pulled over, I was already parked! A LAPD patrol car pulled up behind and turned its' flashing light on. I was in the process of picking up a couple to make a weekend trip to Yosemite. The "76 Seville was maybe two weeks old at the time. The couple got a kick out of the Seville's chimes (I think it was the first car to have alarm chimes). My wife and I were sitting in the car laughing at the silliness of the chimes
    '70 cars were a kick. My '79 Toronado had evolved past chimes and could tell jokes. I would ask it when is a door not a door? Then I'd pull on the handle and the car would answer "A door is a jar". Or at least that's what it sounded like.

But sadly, it's repertoire was severely limited. If I asked it what do you call a man with no arms or legs who can play 5 instruments, it still answered: "a door is a jar".
    orconn likes this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Faith76 View Post
    Last night while I was driving the 59 Continental, a cop did a u turn in a four lane road and came flying up behind me. He rode me behind me close for 5 minutes or so, then took off flying to ride the car in front of me for about 30 seconds, pulled to the side of the road, and disappeared in my rear view. WTF was up with that? Was he just shocked at the lady driver? I was doing 5 under the speed limit.
    I am sure he hasn't seen too many !959 Continentals in his lifetime. Probably couldn't believe it was for real. By the way please post a picture of your Continental Town Car. Is it one of the ones with the formal roof?
    Faith76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    My Half-Brother was once pulled over in New Jersey (Living in Pennsylvania at the time) and my Mother got a phonecall around 2 AM, because the police stopped him and did not believe him that it was his car and that he had any reason to be in New Jersey.
    First off, nobody has a GOOD reason to be in New Jersey so it was a fair cop. Second, if you have a hermaphrodite sibling, why are we just now hearing about it?
    ben.gators likes this.

Devil Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours, 1998 Cadillac Deville

Here is a good one for you.
    I was driving down a back road, minding my own business, when I see headlights flying up behind me. As soon as he got up to my car, he blue lights me. I proceed down the road a few hundred feet to the next street and pull over. He walks up to my car, and I already have my license and registration in my hand waiting for him. The cop then goes back to his car, without telling me why I was pulled over. I didn't bother to ask because I already knew the answer. The cops here are Nazi's and they are bored as hell. I drive a Cadillac with a gold bentley grill installed on the front.
    So, he stays in his car for around 20 minutes. Then, the other cops start showing up. They all walk up to my car at the same time, from both sides, with one hand on their pistols and the other holding a club. The cop that pulled me over walks up to my window by himself and says "You were driving the Duke's of Hazzard back there."
    Confused, I answer back "The Dukes of Hazzard?". He replies, "You went over those railroad tracks at 42 mph." I respond, "The speed limit is 45. Is there a problem?" to which he says, "You have a warrant for your arrest in Houston, TX."
    "The closest I have ever been to Texas is Atlanta. Are you serious?"
    "I wouldn't lie about something this serious, sir."
    "I would like more information regarding this alleged warrant."
    "I cannot discuss that with you, sir, but she can."
    A lady cop walks up to the window at this point and proceeds to tell me that the warrant is tied to my License #, my date of birth, and my name. So, it has to be me. She tells me its for misdemeanor larceny and that I am lucky it isn't a worse charge, or they would be extraditing me to Texas and if I wanted any more information that I would have to call Houston. They give me my license back and tell me to go home.
    I get up the next morning sure that someone has stolen my identity. I froze my credit cards. I ordered a credit report. I spent 6 hours on the phone with around 50 different people in Houston. Every one of them told me the same thing, "If you want information regarding a warrant against you, you must speak with your local police department." Fed up, I drive to the police station and talk to another officer. I had him run my license. He comes back and says there is nothing in the system against me in the whole country. I made him run it again...still nothing. He then asks me, "Do you know the name of the officer that pulled you over, because there is no record of you being pulled over last night." I told him that I did not. He says, "The officer must have a made a mistake." I tell him, "But there were 5 officers and they told me it was my license #, my DOB, and my name." His response, "Well, I don't know what to tell you."
    Talk about Nazi's using scare tactics...I was pulled for driving 3 mph under the speed limit, lied to by more than one officer holding bats in their hands while my car was surrounded and then let go. They were hoping I was black, but no luck for them.
    BTW, this is not the first time I have been blatantly lied to by the cops in this town.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Deville View Post
    Here is a good one for you.
    I was driving down a back road, minding my own business, when I see headlights flying up behind me. As soon as he got up to my car, he blue lights me. I proceed down the road a few hundred feet to the next street and pull over. He walks up to my car, and I already have my license and registration in my hand waiting for him. The cop then goes back to his car, without telling me why I was pulled over. I didn't bother to ask because I already knew the answer. The cops here are Nazi's and they are bored as hell. I drive a Cadillac with a gold bentley grill installed on the front.
    So, he stays in his car for around 20 minutes. Then, the other cops start showing up. They all walk up to my car at the same time, from both sides, with one hand on their pistols and the other holding a club. The cop that pulled me over walks up to my window by himself and says "You were driving the Duke's of Hazzard back there."
    Confused, I answer back "The Dukes of Hazzard?". He replies, "You went over those railroad tracks at 42 mph." I respond, "The speed limit is 45. Is there a problem?" to which he says, "You have a warrant for your arrest in Houston, TX."
    "The closest I have ever been to Texas is Atlanta. Are you serious?"
    "I wouldn't lie about something this serious, sir."
    "I would like more information regarding this alleged warrant."
    "I cannot discuss that with you, sir, but she can."
    A lady cop walks up to the window at this point and proceeds to tell me that the warrant is tied to my License #, my date of birth, and my name. So, it has to be me. She tells me its for misdemeanor larceny and that I am lucky it isn't a worse charge, or they would be extraditing me to Texas and if I wanted any more information that I would have to call Houston. They give me my license back and tell me to go home.
    I get up the next morning sure that someone has stolen my identity. I froze my credit cards. I ordered a credit report. I spent 6 hours on the phone with around 50 different people in Houston. Every one of them told me the same thing, "If you want information regarding a warrant against you, you must speak with your local police department." Fed up, I drive to the police station and talk to another officer. I had him run my license. He comes back and says there is nothing in the system against me in the whole country. I made him run it again...still nothing. He then asks me, "Do you know the name of the officer that pulled you over, because there is no record of you being pulled over last night." I told him that I did not. He says, "The officer must have a made a mistake." I tell him, "But there were 5 officers and they told me it was my license #, my DOB, and my name." His response, "Well, I don't know what to tell you."
    Talk about Nazi's using scare tactics...I was pulled for driving 3 mph under the speed limit, lied to by more than one officer holding bats in their hands while my car was surrounded and then let go. They were hoping I was black, but no luck for them.
    BTW, this is not the first time I have been blatantly lied to by the cops in this town.
    That sucks. The good news is cell phone videos have put a stop to most of that kind of thing. Was this years ago?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier daddy
    second, if you have a hermaphrodite sibling, why are we just now hearing about it?
    lol!

It was early Spring of 1968. I had driven my new, to me, Lamborghini over to Phoenix from L.A. to see some relatives that lived their. I sitting at a red light waiting for it to change when a late model gold metallic color Buick Electra 225 four door hard top pull up next to me. The guy driving looked very familiar and as I looked a little longer I realized it was Barry Goldwater. Not surprisingly I recognized him because he had run for President in 1964 and his face was everywhere that year. Well, he smiled and kind of gave a look that he wanted to race. When the light changed he took off like a bat out of hell. Fortunately I didn't take the bait and proceeded to accelerated at a normal rate. Good thing too, because there was a state trooper (I don't know what they call them in Arizona) coming up behind us and he fipped on his flashing light and signaled to me to pullover. I wasn't sure why he was stopping me because I hadn't been racing or even accelerating fast. The trooper didn't get out of his car, but was talking on his radio for about fifteen minutes while I just sat in my car waiting for him to do something. Then it dawned on me that my car didn't have ermanent license plates on but only a red temporary registration sticker in the window. I had just gotten back from Vietnam the week before, and while the car was registered I didn't have plates for it yet.

Well the trooper finally got out of his cruiser and came up to my window and asked for my license and registration, which I gave him along with my maroon "Official" passport for further identification. He took all my paperwork and returned to his cruiser and got back on the radio for another fifteen minutes. He then came back to my window and handed me back all my paper work and saluted and said I could go on my way. To this day I don't know what kept me from getting hauled in that day. Whether it was because I had been "almost" racing with the notorious speed freak Senator Goldwater, whether my paperwork satisfied the guy (I doubt it) or he had never seen an "Official" U.S. passport before. But whatever his reason I was glad to go on my way that day. And during the next few days I wasn't bothered by any LEO for not having plates on my car. I suspect the trooper and his cohorts had decided that the mystery person driving the Lamborghini just wasn't worth hasseling on the chance he might be connected!
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    Last June on my way home from yearly camping. Trip took a detours up north to visit friends and cops stopped me why'll at a gas station saying someone called in reckless driving I said well I'm not driving and u didnt witness anything
    They left

Once for texting and driving when the state I was in didn't even have a law against it btw I was using my iPod how can I text when its not even a phone officer

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage
    ROFLMAO!
    X2 lmao omfg I am now not going to sleep to easy

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    Pulled up next to a Z28 at a red light in Irvine CA, drag race immediately followed. An unhappy officer pulls me over directly and tells me to turn my car off, I respond with "no, it's Italian it may not start again." Officer "license and registration, and please shut off the car the smoke is awful". Me "It's not smoking, that's an illusion I'm doing it with mirrors". Officer "you were racing, did you see me behind you"? Me "yes sir, I was trying to lose you in a smoke screen". Officer hands me my license and tells me to "just get out of here".

Stuck float in one of the carbs, the car was a rolling fog bank.

I did keep a straight face with all the smart assed comments, some how the cop did as well.

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    My Half-Brother was once pulled over in New Jersey
    First off, nobody has a GOOD reason to be in New Jersey so it was a fair cop. Second, if you have a hermaphrodite sibling, why are we just now hearing about it?
    NJ does have nice racing (drag & circle) facilities and he didn't say half brother/half sister.

-----------------

And, I DO NOT get pulled over anymore (by the way).

Devil Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Deville Concours, 1998 Cadillac Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    That sucks. The good news is cell phone videos have put a stop to most of that kind of thing. Was this years ago?
    Unfortunately, no. It was about 5 days ago.
    Also, shortly after I posted yesterday, I was driving down a 25 mph road and saw a cop pull up to a stop sign way in front of me and just sit there. Was probably about 45 seconds to a minute before I passed him. I watched him in my rearview as I cruised down the road....still just sitting there. He had now been there for a good 2 minutes, when I began to approach the stop sign at the end of road. Still watching my rearview, I pressed the brakes. As soon as I did, I see the cop turn and take off toward me at around 60 mph in a 25 mph zone with no lights or sirens. He was on my bumper before I even came to a complete stop from 25 mph. I made my right hand turn on the next street, still 25 mph, and he just drove behind me all the way until I pulled in my driveway. He then slowly drove away.

You see, I just moved here so my address isn't on my license. I didn't give them my current address when they pulled me over the other day. This was their way of finding out where I live, by flying down a 25 mph street that has no curb, without running any lights or sirens, while little kids are playing in their yards and riding around on their bikes. The law has no respect for the law.
    If it were me driving that way, I am pretty sure I would have gotten a speeding ticket, wreckless endangerment, and you could throw in stalking for following someone home.

Probably so! You've got a point, Devil Deville!

Let's face non of us is guilt free when it comes to stereo typing what we see and come in contact with. My German Shepherd was certainly guilty of stereo typing people and situations that she encountered and when she had learned that something was out of place didn't seem right given the situation she definitely reacted. We all consciously or subconsciously react to the dress, demeanor and actions of those we encounter, or in the case of a car we react to what the style and condition of the car connotes to us as to who might be driving it and if the circumstances dictate what they might be doing.

Cops do this even more commonly, they are human and creatures of the environment they live in just like the rest of us, as they pursue their duties. The Israelis have been lauded for the success of their "profiling" in the carrying out of state security. To us and anyone else it is a two edged sword, it may serve to protect us from harm, but may also lead to unjustified actions on the part of our fellow citizens and those we rely on for protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztec ETC ECS View Post
    he didn't say half brother/half sister.
    Well I figured each half had to be either a brother or sister and if both halves were brothers he wouldn't be a half brother.
    Aztec ETC ECS likes this.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Quote Originally Posted by Devil Deville View Post
    Unfortunately, no. It was about 5 days ago.
    Also, shortly after I posted yesterday, I was driving down a 25 mph road and saw a cop pull up to a stop sign way in front of me and just sit there. Was probably about 45 seconds to a minute before I passed him. I watched him in my rearview as I cruised down the road....still just sitting there. He had now been there for a good 2 minutes, when I began to approach the stop sign at the end of road. Still watching my rearview, I pressed the brakes. As soon as I did, I see the cop turn and take off toward me at around 60 mph in a 25 mph zone with no lights or sirens. He was on my bumper before I even came to a complete stop from 25 mph. I made my right hand turn on the next street, still 25 mph, and he just drove behind me all the way until I pulled in my driveway. He then slowly drove away.

You see, I just moved here so my address isn't on my license. I didn't give them my current address when they pulled me over the other day. This was their way of finding out where I live, by flying down a 25 mph street that has no curb, without running any lights or sirens, while little kids are playing in their yards and riding around on their bikes. The law has no respect for the law.
    If it were me driving that way, I am pretty sure I would have gotten a speeding ticket, wreckless endangerment, and you could throw in stalking for following someone home.
    Time for you to get a dash cam, front and rear facing.

KOT

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.