Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Excuse me miss (What have YOU been pulled over for lately?)

10K views 134 replies 30 participants last post by  ben.gators 
#1 ·
A construction worker signaled me over the the side of the road today to tell me I had run over someone's antenna and it was sticking out of my wheels.... I have curb feelers. What's the dumbest thing you've been "pulled over" for? :thehand:

#3 · (Edited)
I've been pulled over 3 times in 30 minutes on a 2 mile, and what should have been 5 minute ride home... for a burnt out headlight.

I've also been pulled over for beeping, twice.

Once for beeping at someone stopped at an intersection, having a conversation with someone on the sidewalk. I gave them 10 or so seconds before beeping. The cops' reason was excessive noise... For 2 quick "toots"???!!!

And once for beeping at someone who ran a stop sign and almost made me plow into them. The cruiser was RIGHT behind the person who ran the sign when it happened, but decided to pull me over instead of them. The cops' reason this time was road rage... Seriously?????

Another time I was pulled over for changing lanes 3 times in ~1/2 mile/under a minute. I was taking directions from someone, and they were confused. I change lanes pretty slow, and I always signal.

#4 · (Edited)
I was pulled over in October of 2010 by the Maryland State Police (2 cars) for carrying a shotgun in the rack across the rear window of one of the trucks - during deer season in Dorchester County (unmarred by 300 years of progress). The reason I was stopped - "Sir, How old is that model 12 ???"

#5 ·
I've been pulled over 3 times in my driving career. I was guilty all three times, and there was no misunderstanding during any of the stops. One was a warning, the other two were tickets.

The way it should be - police taking care of actual violators rather than the sorry excuses that we all hear (and are hearing in this thread) about.

#8 ·
What's the dumbest thing you've been "pulled over" for? :thehand:
Does it matter who was dumb? Does it matter if you were pulled over or is an attempt to pull you over enough?

In the late '60s I was pulled over by a state trooper on the interstate in Oklahoma at about 3AM. I was driving a '62 Corvair with body parts of 3 different colors and AZ plates. The STATED reason for stopping me? My car matched the description of a bank robbery getaway car! I'm guessing he was just bored out of his mind.

I already mentioned in another thread about being seen doing over 165 MPH by a deputy sheriff in the late '80s. I received a written warning for 110 MPH in a 45 (or 50) zone. I never knew they were chasing me until they finally caught up with me munching on an apple at the side of the road. I'm guessing that without a plate number and having lost sight of me, they couldn't make anything stick in court or they didn't want their buddies to hear (in court) their "prey" didn't even know they were chased.

I know there are some cops on the forums. I wouldn't mind hearing if there are other likley explantions for either "stops" and outcomes. Both times the cops were friendly and easy going, although with the latter they were very tense at first which I chalked up to adrenelin of a high speed chase, if its called a chase with just one party; seems more like a sound of one hand clapping deal.

#9 ·
I think the construction worker's buddies put him up to it. I had been waiting for a long time to make it down the street by my house that was temporarily one lane. They were laughing as he was talking to me. He had obviously never seen curb feelers!

#29 ·
I think the construction worker's buddies put him up to it. I had been waiting for a long time to make it down the street by my house that was temporarily one lane. They were laughing as he was talking to me.
Maybe that was his way of getting a closer look. Did he ask for your number?

I thought curb feelers went out in the late fifties. Do they still them at Pep Boys?
:yeah: I thought they had gone the way of the Carburetor, steering wheel spinners, cat's eye tail lights and baby moon hub caps.

#22 ·
#16 ·
Don't be like that!
I meant I am careful where and when I am speeding, and maybe that is why I haven't been caught.... Or even maybe sometimes a cop saw me speeding, but because I wasn't putting the others in danger, he didn't care....

Cops are very sensitive to suspicious cases. If they feel that something is going on, or if they think that the driver is under the influence, they will pull you over immediately!

#19 ·
I was pulled over a couple years ago. I was turning onto I-395 in Preston, CT. The two state cops were on the grass. They both were outside leaning on their cars talking. I got on the highway and was about 1/2 mile or more away when I saw them in the mirror come screaming down. I just kept on going until the pull right up behind me and turned their lights on. I was in the process of exiting the highway so I just continued to exit. By this time it was 2 miles had passed.

Anyways, the reason for the pull over. Is because I had a string of LEDs just under the hood. I wanted to use them as the DRL, instead of the factory amber lights as the first gen CTS has.

"Sir, those lights are too blue."
"They are considered white, but they are LEDs and they tend to have a blue-ish tint to them. They aren't a perfect 4,500K."
"Well we think they are blue because the light is reflecting off of your blue car."

And my tax money pays for these two idiots...

I wish I had a picture with the lights. But I took them off very quickly. Because I live in a two plate state and I didn't want to get pulled over and forced to put the front plate on. The officer asked me about it and I said that the auto body shop didn't put it back on. Little did the officer know, I told the shop not to put it back on. Lol

I don't see how that dark ass blue is going to reflect light and make it blue.

KOT

#30 ·
The "white" headlight bulbs offered in the early 2000s had a blueish tint. I was pulled over because of this. I could see the cops point but to a point as they were not BLUE. The cop wasn't a bad guy and there was no ticket issued so I don't consider it a silly stop. I got rid of the bulbs to avoid the hassle.

#21 · (Edited)
There is an old thread in CTS-V section about such stories. The funniest case was a guy, returning back from Vegas with a stripper, and he was doing 140-150 MPH in his V1! When he saw the cops, he thought they are regular guys trying to race him, so he kept playing with them for couple of miles.... He was slowing down to let the cops get closer, and then speeding again..... Finally he realized that they are cops, so he pulled over.

The funniest part of the story is that the cops let him go and didn't arrest him because the stripper was crying and they felt bad! :D

conclusion: If you want to drive fast, have a stripper with yourself!

#24 ·
First time I went to town in my first car. 51 Ford. He hadn't seen me before and wanted to know who I was.
We went to the same church and he knew me.
Next time the police heard me speeding. Wasn't me but he wanted to give me a ticket anyway. I did get a lecture. While he was lecturing me they called on his radio and said they cought the car that was speeding.I was 16 at the time.

#25 ·
A cop pulled me over and claimed I was coming in the opposite direction with my highbeams on. He said he flashed his lights but I did nothing to turn my lights to low. Um, no. I told him I was coming down a side street and saw him pass (I was going north and he west) so it would have been hard for me to do what he claimed. Worse, how dumb would I have to beto have my brights on and blind a cop? He "let me off" with a warning. What a nice guy. Other than that I've had two speeding tickets and I deserved both of them.

#31 ·
My BF kept insisting I get the curb feelers because they would "save your white walls." So, I gave in, even though I felt a little too pimp. After he installed them he took me out to show me how they worked, and guess what?... He had to polish my white walls when we got home. As for steering wheel spinners, I've been thinking about finding one for the 59 Lincoln. That steering wheel is huge, and my BF likes to steer it with his elbow up on the door and with one finger. He does it to torment me. I think the wheel spinner would be a fair play.

#33 ·
DBA-One said:
The "white" headlight bulbs offered in the early 2000s had a blueish tint. I was pulled over because of this. I could see the cops point but to a point as they were not BLUE. The cop wasn't a bad guy and there was no ticket issued so I don't consider it a silly stop. I got rid of the bulbs to avoid the hassle.
I understand them pulling me over. But when they said "we think its because its reflecting off of my blue paint." When the LEDs are pointing straight out. I just thought it was funny from then on.

They had me turn my low beams on and off a few times.

KOT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.