Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Removing Front Seat when motor is Dead in General Discussion; Hi all this is my first post: I have a 2012 SRX which has been water damaged and the front ...
- 07-01-13 11:30 AM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2012 SRX
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
Removing Front Seat when motor is Dead
Hi all this is my first post:
I have a 2012 SRX which has been water damaged and the front seats will not operate the motors are dead and cannot get to the bolts to remove the seat. How do you manually move the seat to get to the bolts???
Also how do you remove the bezel on the nav display I have a procedure to slip in a plastic trim tool to release the clips but this has not worked...
- 07-01-13 10:46 PM #2
Re: Removing Front Seat when motor is Dead
After research this is the scoop I was able to remove the seats
Here is what I did....
1. remove the plastic trim at the bottom
2. there are 4 bolts that hold the seat to the tracks remove the front two bolts they are about 3/4 dia head which is flat. They are on the inside of the rails
3. Tilt the seat back
4. The track motor is in a plastic holder snapped in. Used a screw driver to pop out the motor there are two flexable shafts on each end.
5. Hook up a batt drill to the first shaft and move the track a little forward. Next do the same for the other side. keep changing sides until the back bolts are visable.
6. Remove the back bolts and you are there......
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - Extension Set
Extension Set - 3/8 Inch Drive; 3 Piece; Includes 3 Inch, 6 Inch, 10 Inch
- PowerTorque Tools - Stubby Star Bits Socket Set
Stubby Star Bits Socket Set - 10 Piece; 1/4" & 3/8" Drive; Star Stubby Bit Socket Set; Contains: 1/4" Drive: T-10, T-15, T-20, T-25, T-27 & T-30,3/8" Drive: T-40, T-45,T-47 & T-50
- PowerTorque Tools - Metric Hex Bits Set
Metric Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; Metric; Metric Hex Bits; Contains: 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, 8mm & 10mm