Hello -- To everyone!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JavResendiz
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Hello -- To everyone!!! in General Discussion; Just saying hello to everyone! I bought a 2004 CTS Base with only 88,000 miles great looking car. Hopefully I ...
    JavResendiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS - Base

Thumbs up Hello -- To everyone!!!

Just saying hello to everyone!

I bought a 2004 CTS Base with only 88,000 miles great looking car. Hopefully I can keep this one just as long as I did my Monte SS trade it for the CTS still running great.

I had a 03' Montecarlo SS for 10 Years from 4 miles to 329,580 miles great car, so hopefully I can drive this CTS just as long. I read quite a few discussions already and found them very informative regular maintance spark plugs, fuel filters. Great information with pictures that always helps a lot. Great Job!!!!

I do all my own work as much as I can, I started trying to change out the spark plugs but got stuck on that back bolt not able to remove the one under the firewall. So then I started to google on how to --- and found this site!!!!!

I attached a couple of pictures of my CTS, only dealer photos. Still to take one at home.

So now I have some where to go for info!! ON HOW TO?? When I get stuck.
    My old Monte was still very simple to work on. Thanks in advance - for the info!!!!
    Attached Images
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Hello -- To everyone!!!

Congratulations! Welcome to the Forums.

SuperMidget is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 base Deville
    We got rid of an 06 not to long ago... only had it for 3 months, picked it up with about 110k on it and the timing chain broke on the way home from the lot.... dealer ate the repairs and 2 weeks later we got it back.

3 months down the road and it somehow managed to lose every drop of oil in it with no sign of a leak and no smoke at all... I filled it back up and 2 days later my wife took it for a drive and called me from the side of the road with 0 oil again and a totally seized motor.

Other than that it was a fun little car to drive.

JavResendiz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS - Base

Have never heard of anything like that ever, Just crazy! The only problems I had to fix where the electrical fans, and the water pump.

Thanks for the welcome,

Will be following the CTS threads.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

SuperMidget is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 base Deville
    I had never heard of it either until it happened and I started to research it... its apparently a more common than it should be issue on those 6cyls

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.