Hello, I'm new to cadillacs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Hello, I'm new to cadillacs in General Discussion; Hi, I new to caddys.I just bought a 2004 sls with 84000 mi. And I couldn't be happier. I bought ...
    jimsfast3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 sls

Hello, I'm new to cadillacs

Hi, I new to caddys.I just bought a 2004 sls with 84000 mi. And I couldn't be happier. I bought the car from a cadillac dealer and was shocked at the lack of clean up done to it pre sale but it ran good and drove like a dream( my previous 3 cars were all Grand Prixs),so I figured with a little TLC this would be a great car, so I bought it in a asis deal.I took it home and detailed it inside and out including the engine compartment and and started reading CF because I had to do some engine work due to the SES light being on I set out to change out the plenum boot,clean the TB and MAF sensor and change the air filter. The SES light is gone and the car idles like glass.I still have some minor fixes to work on like the loose dash pad and minor trunk leak but I'm enjoying the ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Hello, I'm new to cadillacs

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I have a 2002 SLS (not much difference between mine and yours) and it has been a very good car. I hope you have as much good luck with yours as we have had with ours.

Welcome to the Forums, Jim!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Hiya !!!

From your post it appears that you already know how and where to do homework in CF.

The air filter and MAF work, plus transmission fluid level checks, is made a LOT easier by totally removing that intake resonator on top of the flex duct. Do the "butt plug" modification.

(Your transmission will have NO FLUID on the stick with the engine off. Check level only with the engine hot, idling in P on a level surface.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.