"So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, "So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda" in General Discussion; But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda... I went and leased a 2013 Accord LX ...
    I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

"So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda"

But Fonda ain't got a motor in the back of her Honda...

I went and leased a 2013 Accord LX Sedan last night. I got hooked up with a sweet deal at work, got it for well under invoice, was given a good amount for my trade (way more than a friend offered) and got window tint thrown in for cost. Ahh, the joys of working at a large Honda dealer!

I needed a more reliable mode of daily transportation than my LeSabre. In the last three months, it spent significant time off the road, in the shop, getting miscellaneous crap fixed. It was constantly one thing after another, which wouldn't be a big deal if I LOVED the car or if I was mechanically inclined, but I'm not. It sucks spending your day off at the mechanic, explaining again what it's doing. No bueno. Also constantly putting money into a car worth $1000 on a good day was not a wise investment.

Since I started at Brookdale Honda last month, I've really been eyeing up the all new 2013 Accords. They've gone from a design that was ugly and stale to one that was classy and fresh. It's more powerful, more fuel efficient and quicker. I was always driving our demo Accord LX, as well as a Civic EX, to see which I liked more. I always leaned towards the Accord LX, but would go to the Civic EX if the payment was much lower, but it wasn't significantly different AND the insurance was higher on the Civic.

So last night, I decided to pull the trigger on an Accord LX Sedan, in the super classy, rich looking Basque Red Pearl II with the ivory (wheat) cloth interior. Since the Ivory interior was a must have for me (as opposed to the claustrophobic all black interior or the sterile grey interior), it's only offered in a few exterior colors (Champagne, Pearl White, Black and Basque Red) black is too common and impossible to keep clean, champagne is an old man's color, pearl white would be OK if I had to, but Basque Red is my color of choice. This is the 3rd maroon car I've owned....I'm a huge fan of red cars!

I'm very happy to lease an Accord!

1) The Accord has won many awards in it's lifetime, biggest of which being Car and Driver's "10 best" award, received 24 of the last 28 years. The 2013 Accord was also voted one of the 10 best cars sold in America by Automobile Magazine.
    2) Leasing is easy. The only things I have to budget for are the payments and gas! No surprises, no headaches! Just a modest once monthly bill that's easy to plan for! Plus, I can buy out the Accord at the end of the lease if I want to.
    3) Is there anything MORE reliable than a new Honda?
    4) 27/36 MPG!
    5) It's great to have a car that I sell. Adds credibility to the conversation.
    6) My grandpa owned or leased Hondas from the late 70s to the mid 2000's. Grandpa was a financial planner, so he knew what a good investment was. I have many memories riding around in grandpa's '90s era Accords, which planted the seed in my brain early in life that Hondas were good cars. Grandpa actually bought a new Lesabre in 1996 or 1997 and hated it, haha. Had it for a year then traded it off on another Accord. If he were still alive, I'm sure he'd be proud of my choice.

This is my first brand new car, first lease, first car from a Japanese brand (All Accords have been built in Marysville, Ohio since 1982 though), first four cylinder and first CVT equipped car.

Even though it's a four cylinder with a CVT, performance is never a question. It feels very sprightly and fun to drive. 2.4L, direct injected, dual overhead cam....185hp. 0-60 in about 7.5 seconds, very tossable, quick steering and confident handling. What's not to like?

I almost leased a Kia Optima LX at my old store, but decided to fix my LeSabre. Never considered an Altima, as I liked the Kia more, but I definitely like the Honda most. Much better quality.

I've gotta get ready for work, but I'll post pictures later.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Congrats man. Those accords are pretty sharp. At first I was hesitant, but they've grown on me a lot. Sounds like its performance, acceleration wise, is identical to my 14 forte. Surprisingly quick for a standard 4 cylinder. Looking forward to pics

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Re: "So your girlfriend rolls a Honda, playin' workout tapes by Fonda"

Very nice! Congratulations! Hope this new Honda serves you well. As for the first new car, I know, it feels strange in a very pleasant way! My ATS is my first brand new car too! Please let us know how you feel about that CVT system.

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Congrats.
    Was the mileage allowance sufficient ? The residual value should be good enough to walk away at the end of the lease.

I'm not sure I could ever get use to a cvt. constantly feeling like the transmission is slipping just doesn't seem appealing. I've only driven one tho. In a scion IQ or what ever that scion is that competes with cars like the smart car. Maybe I'd like it more in a car like the accord.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    I'm not sure I could ever get use to a cvt. constantly feeling like the transmission is slipping just doesn't seem appealing. I've only driven one tho. In a scion IQ or what ever that scion is that competes with cars like the smart car. Maybe I'd like it more in a car like the accord.
    First off, its an excellent CVT. And for me to ever say that? Weird...

I've test driven a few of the newer Accords. They're very, very good cars. If the numbers were a little better for me last fall, I'd be in one right now and not only driving the TC everywhere.

And you should see the red/ivory combo in person. If you like the style of the new Accord, that color makes it twice as nice.

But, Chad, swap out to some EX or Sport wheels pronto!

----------

Oh, the numbers and the fact that if you want a manual you'd better like black and grey and not care about options...

Ill prob regret knowing but ill ask. Lol. I never even thought to look at the accord when I bought my forte. Which model of accord could I have gotten for the same sticker price as my loaded forte? Lol. Sticker was 25.6k. I'm just curious lol.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Everyone should have a brand new car at least once in their life! Then you can decide if being "brand new" is important to you.
    MrHolland likes this.

AElayyat is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 85 Fleetwood Brougham, 90 Brougham 5.7, 05 Deville DTS
    Congrats on the ride..you will like the accord.

Since the 13s came out I have been thinking about trading in my 2010 sedan for one!

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Congrats on the Accord. It always amazes me how much more car you get jumping from a Civic to an Accord. I don't know what they sell/lease for in the real world, but on Honda's website a Civic LX was $18,900 and an Accord was $22,500 or so. For $3500 its an absolute no brainer IMO, go with the Accord.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

In the CVT's defense, first time I drove a car with CVT system was an 2005 A4, and to be honest I didn't realize the CVT's effect. Maybe I was too much distracted by the car itself. Then, when I realized that it is a CVT (the dealer had no idea it was or not and even he didn't know basically what CVT is!), I started to pay attention to RPM. It was the only thing that felt weird! Other than than it was OK. I passed all A4 CVTs because they are not as reliable as the regular automatic systems or manual gearboxes.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Congrats, Chad! Enjoy your new ride!

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Subaru and Honda do okay with their CVTs. They're less than thrilling but perfectly adequate for casual driving. Nissan's CVTs are the worst, both unreliable and miserable to drive. Otherwise, an "excellent CVT" is like poop that stinks a bit less.

The trade-off is outstanding fuel economy.

----------

Chad! The pics aren't loading!

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

From a song quickly approaching "oldie" status by the young people of today. I like it!!!!

----OH,,,,Congrats on the car too!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I'll post pictures later, been very busy at work.....month end.

Honda's CVT feels a LOT different from Nissan's because it's much quieter (Nissan's is really whiny in the I-4 Altima), is much smoother and feels like it has more low end grunt. I would never have leased an Altima, partially because I hated Nissan's CVT, but this is a lot better. With the throttle tip in on the Honda and transmission gearing, it pulls along at low rpm like a traditional automatic transmission.

It's weird not feeling it shift during heavy acceleration, but it's very smooth and is quicker than a traditional five or six speed.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.