I cried because of sadness then cried because of happiness! :D - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, I cried because of sadness then cried because of happiness! :D in General Discussion; Indeed, there is nothing that has the look and feel of the Seville, and I can say that after having ...
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: I cried because of sadness then cried because of happiness! :D

Indeed, there is nothing that has the look and feel of the Seville, and I can say that after having driven hundreds of different cars.

Congrats on the hot new ride
    77CDV and ben.gators like this.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by drewsdeville View Post
    There will be zero tears for the STS after some quality time with the ATS. Don''t sweat it.
    Thanks a lot, Drew. I am pretty sure that I will enjoy and love driving the ATS a lot. I knew that if I buy a boring car such as Mazda 3, I would be feeling terrible every single day that I drive it. But I think ATS will keep cheering me up!

But also I need to say that sometimes you start to feel connected even with an old car, e.g. for someone an old beat up Chevy cobalt may have huge sentimental value. Furthermore, Seville STS is still a very beautiful and attractive car (with special thanks to its timeless design!) and it has a very special characteristic and feel to it, even compared to a world class car like ATS.
    77CDV and talismandave like this.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Congratulations on the beautiful new ATS.
    ben.gators likes this.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Congrats on the ATS. Beautiful looking car. I'm sure it'll bring much happiness to you!

And I understand the sentimental aspect of an old car. For me nothing has more sentimental value than a 1987-95 jeep wrangler. And it's simply bc my dad bought a brand new 87 in 86 when I was just 1, and owned it until I was 26. It was the main family vehicle for 18 years. Everything I did with my dad growing up, it was done in or to that jeep. I learned to drive a stick in it. Not on a smooth paved road. Nah. In his freshly plowed farm field one day when he sent me up to the barn by myself to grab a tool he needed for his tractor. Lol. And all the family road trips we took it on. All the times he took us to the beach with the top down on a beautiful summers day.

In other words, a 1987 jeep wrangler can put a smile on my face like NO other car, ever. So I definitely understand where you're coming from with sentimental value.
    ben.gators likes this.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Just think, if your salesman was a douche and not as pleasant to work with, this never would have happened!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Just think, if your salesman was a douche and not as pleasant to work with, this never would have happened!
    Funny you said that; a few minutes ago I was exactly thinking about it! This was the second time that I went to this dealership. The first time was back in 2012, and it was a huge disappointment mainly because of the people I spoke with. This time I was lucky enough to work with a very nice and polite young guy that I think was in his early 20s, and also I directly worked with the finance/sales manager. They didn't try to play any game. They listened to what I want and need, and then they offered me a good deal, and I accepted their offer without any further haggling. The entire process took no longer than a few minutes. They didn't try to play any game, and on the other side, I was a well-informed buyer and when I heard their offer, I realized that it is a very good offer and I accepted it without any further negotiation.

To all pleasant sales guys!

By the way, Chad, I am thinking to mail a thank you card to my sales guy, and maybe with a small gift. Normally I give gas cards in such occasions. But the guy was a very classy person and I am not sure giving him a $25 gas cars is very appropriate. As a sales guy, what is your suggestion for a classy, but not expensive, gift that I can mail to my sales guy?

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

See, whenever I get a customer, the first thing I do is sit them down and go over their needs and wants, talk about what they do and don't like in their current vehicle, talk about their driving habits, go over our inventory and find the car that fits their needs and wants the most while staying within their fiscal boundaries. It's a great method because they know I'm working for them and it builds rapport.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Congrat's my favorite ATS color

I have a Silver ATS turbo that I dont want to take back right now lol
    ben.gators likes this.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    See, whenever I get a customer, the first thing I do is sit them down and go over their needs and wants, talk about what they do and don't like in their current vehicle, talk about their driving habits, go over our inventory and find the car that fits their needs and wants the most while staying within their fiscal boundaries. It's a great method because they know I'm working for them and it builds rapport.
    Chad, you are describing the old "Counselor Selling" program and the techniques the program taught. This program came into existence back in the early 1970's and was first used by the life insurance industry to train agents. Fortunately for all of us the program became widely used by many different kinds of companies. I first was trained on "Counselor Selling" by the Connecticut Mutual Life Insurance Co. in their advanced sales training program, later I also ran into this program when I was a trainee with Merrill Lynch. My wife also was trained with it while with At&T. Initially the company that developed the "counselor Selling Program" charged companies a great deal of money to use the program in their training programs. I would imagine that today the program is pretty much standard in sales training programs. Although you wouldn't know judging from some of the sales personnel you run into today!

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Congrats on the new Cadillac, i don't think id've done what you did in your situation, i'm extremely stubborn and love the STS's over the ATS' (that's just me) and wouldve done everything i could to get it fix or do so myself, then again i'm my father's sons, especially when it comes to a car i love (hence my cranky bitch of an Eldorado, i love her, but she hates me, we're kinky like that)

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Sorry that your Seville turned into a mint condition rock, but congrats on the new ATS. From what I've read its one hell of a dialed in car, plus I think the turbo 4 is the way to go in this car. The v6 might have more hp, but its kind of a revver with no low end torque, the turbo 4 has a torque curve flatter than Kansas.
    ben.gators likes this.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Congrats on the new Cadillac, i don't think id've done what you did in your situation, i'm extremely stubborn and love the STS's over the ATS' (that's just me) and wouldve done everything i could to get it fix or do so myself, then again i'm my father's sons, especially when it comes to a car i love (hence my cranky bitch of an Eldorado, i love her, but she hates me, we're kinky like that)
    I think your Eldo loves you so much she keeps breaking stuff so you'll give her more attention

Quote Originally Posted by Aron9000 View Post
    Sorry that your Seville turned into a mint condition rock, but congrats on the new ATS. From what I've read its one hell of a dialed in car, plus I think the turbo 4 is the way to go in this car. The v6 might have more hp, but its kind of a revver with no low end torque, the turbo 4 has a torque curve flatter than Kansas.
    You are not helping, Aron!
    Kidding aside, based on what I have read, it seems that the 2.0L turbo is the sweet spot for the ATS. The 2.5L I4 engine is underpowered. The 3.6L V6 is powerful, but it is heavy and hurts the balance of the ATS. The 2.0L Turbo is light and relatively powerful. So I got the 2.0L T engine.

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I always value the ability to generate cornering G's over the ability to generate straight line thrust. I like a car that handles with enough forward thrust to get out of its' own way. Sounds like you made a good choice in your engine choice, you will appreciate the better "balance" on those twisty Oahu two lanes!

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    I think your Eldo loves you so much she keeps breaking stuff so you'll give her more attention

Perhaps lol
    CadillacLuke24 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.