Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Coming soon to a kitchen near you...

3K views 38 replies 14 participants last post by  CadillacLuke24 
#1 ·
TP asked me to upload these:

Congratulations pup!!!

See less See more
#8 ·
Congrats! I guess we have to have a large Forum meet now, to sample his culinary artistry.

I'm with you on the hotdog bit. Scrambled eggs CAN have Ketchup, but only if Tabasco is included. In fact, I am pretty sure that by law, every meat/egg type of food has to have Tabasco on it if it is going to have any other condiment.

#12 ·
LOOK AT ALL MY HONOR ROLLS

Do you have any idea how long I've waited to be able to make this joke? The chances of this situation coming together just like this are almost impossible.
Way over done Jesda ......

#19 ·
Maybe, but it definitely means you would be welcome in the Richmond, VA area! My wife was out of town this last week, so I ate out three nights during the week. This place is a dining out horror show .... they can't even microwave right! Usually the food and service is very inconsistent in this chain restaurant sink hole. But this week every one of the three restaurants I ate wee at least consistent ..... they were consistently bad!

Pay attention, TP, to the menu writing and especially the cost control; that is where most restaurants go under.

#29 ·
I figured this is a good place to start this rather then starting a new thread

yesterday after my 2nd interview and a panel interview with the Executive Chef the Sous chef and management team
I was offered a job as Prep Cook
at one of the hottest new restaurants opening at the end of this month
in Fort lauderdal

It's owner by one of the best restrouant Groups i know of
Buckhead Life Restourant group has some of the best steak and seafood houses in atlatna and south florida

this one is Lobster Bar Sea Grille is the name
it's brand new
and they are giving me a chance
wow
usually you won't get a job like this when you are in school and have no fine dining kitchen experience but the Chef felt like giving me a shot to move up the ladder starting me at a place in the kitchen that would be best for me to learn as much as possible

specially when the add said 3 years experience in a fine dining kitchen i sent a email in and said i only have exp in
school but would you be open to giving me a chance
he called me like 30 minutes latter i had my first interview 2 weeks ago last Thursday and my last one yesterday

im betting that i had beat out atleast 100 people if not more that applied for this position

#31 ·
I figured this is a good place to start this rather then starting a new thread

yesterday after my 2nd interview and a panel interview with the Executive Chef the Sous chef and management team
I was offered a job as Prep Cook
at one of the hottest new restaurants opening at the end of this month
in Fort lauderdal

It's owner by one of the best restrouant Groups i know of
Buckhead Life Restourant group has some of the best steak and seafood houses in atlatna and south florida

this one is Lobster Bar Sea Grille is the name
it's brand new
and they are giving me a chance
wow
usually you won't get a job like this when you are in school and have no fine dining kitchen experience but the Chef felt like giving me a shot to move up the ladder starting me at a place in the kitchen that would be best for me to learn as much as possible

specially when the add said 3 years experience in a fine dining kitchen i sent a email in and said i only have exp in
school but would you be open to giving me a chance
he called me like 30 minutes latter i had my first interview 2 weeks ago last Thursday and my last one yesterday
im betting that i had beat out atleast 100 people if not more that applied for this position
SWEET! Sounds like you got one heck of a jump on things TP! Great job!!

#33 ·
What a wonderful opportunity for you to grow along with a growing company.

If they are growing and opening new places he probably has horror stories about how hard it is to find good people who are trainable and not already poorly trained by others.

He probably likes the idea of finding someone who has the basic skills, from a great school, and teach them the way he wants. What a great compliment to you, that he offered you the job. :thumbsup:

#34 ·
orconn said:
Congratulations, Thump, sounds like a real opportunity to learn the ways of a professional kitchen! I hoe you do well and get an opportunity to mis en place all around the kitchen!
Hey yup I will have everything mis en place all over the kitchen
To those who don't know what mis en place means
It's a French culinary term for everything in its place

----------

MoistCabbage said:
Steak and seafood? I almost feel a road trip coming on.
Haven't I been telling u road trip time for the past year lol

----------

CadillacLuke24 said:
SWEET! Sounds like you got one heck of a jump on things TP! Great job!!
Yup and I'm going to leap not just jump

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.