Well guys, it seems women are taking your place as bread winners!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Well guys, it seems women are taking your place as bread winners! in General Discussion; Statistics show that women are increasing their role as breadwinners in American families. Why is this? Does it have something ...
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Well guys, it seems women are taking your place as bread winners!

Statistics show that women are increasing their role as breadwinners in American families. Why is this? Does it have something to do with American men not being able to cope with the U.S. educational system? Does it have to do with men just not being willing to put out the effort to lead and gain leadership positions in American society?

I have known many very bright motivated women, both American and other nationality, and I have witnessed women make great advances in both functional ability and contribution in the workplace. And while many a father has taken pleasure in his daughter' ability to get ahead, I wonder how we males feel about our ever eroding influence and power in our own society and around the world.

Is their anything we can do about it? Or is it just a fact of life that our sex will be relegated to second class citizen =ship?

If you have any doubt about what is happening just look at the guys in Congress!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Well guys, it seems women are taking your place as bread winners!

Women are taking over as bread winners,,,,,,,good!!!!!

---- I am no less of a man if my wife, your wife or any other wife out earns me. If my wife has a job, that's extra money; if my wife has a job and brings home more money than I do, that's even better!!!

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I don't eat bread. That's cool.

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

This is deadly serious, bad, seditious news. Do we need to call in the UN ??? What a staggering revelation !!

(I suppose this means that Karen won't light my cigar or bring me a mint julep any more (peel me a grape, please). Nuts.)

EcSTSatic is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

In my situation, I'm okay with it. I have been the major 'breadwinner' in our family for the past 20 years. However, when I retire, all I will have to show for it is my fixed pension from a previous employer and my 401K plus other savings. Classic pensions are a thing of the past, and interest rates are killing my investments.
    My wife formed a business a couple years ago with a partner that provides continuous residual income today and after she retires. However much her business grows today determines her residual income. So yes, I'm okay with her income that potentially may exceed my retirement income. We do not plan to be part of the 'entitlement' crowd.

Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The 'entitlement' crowd ............

Does this include those who paid into Social Security all their working lives and now expect the government to return that which they earned - as originally provided for in the S/S Trust Fund ? - and the Trust Fund, that should be worth trillions, has been systematically raided by Congress to pay for their pork, lies, and mismangement of the country.

Does this include those who have worked steadily at jobs which set aside money for retirement, and now expect that return ??

or is "entitlement' limited to those who choose not to work, not to look for work, and sit on their fat butts all day, eating Twinkies and Cheetos bought with free food stamps and free welfare payments while talking on their free cell phones in their subsidized housing ??

Entitlements are earned - handouts to pay for non-performance are not. Think about it - our government actually pays people not to work - and they call that "entitlement" ??? Hah !

EcSTSatic is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post

Does this include those who paid into Social Security all their working lives and now expect the government to return that which they earned - as originally provided for in the S/S Trust Fund ? - and the Trust Fund, that should be worth trillions, has been systematically raided by Congress to pay for their pork, lies, and mismangement of the country.

Does this include those who have worked steadily at jobs which set aside money for retirement, and now expect that return ??

or is "entitlement' limited to those who choose not to work, not to look for work, and sit on their fat butts all day, eating Twinkies and Cheetos bought with free food stamps and free welfare payments while talking on their free cell phones in their subsidized housing ??

Entitlements are earned - handouts to pay for non-performance are not. Think about it - our government actually pays people not to work - and they call that "entitlement" ??? Hah !
    Do not misunderstand, I agree completely. I just think we're headed in a direction where our earned benefits won't be enough and I believe the government wants it that way. That is called control.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): none

This is not relevant. Entitlement does not, and has never existed in society. It should never be expected by either example mentioned. You are entitled to absolutely nothing.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

You are completely right Jim. I'd venture to guess the true meaning has been lost somewhere along the way. There's no way the Occupy fools or other on unemployment are "entitled" to their benefits.

As far as orconn's point, I can't validly chime in, being a self-sustaining college kid. If that time comes, I wouldn't have any qualms with my wife being employed. If that's her prerogative, more power to her. Does than mean I will leave income gathering solely to her? No.

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Welcome to 10 years ago guys

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Statistics show that women are increasing their role as breadwinners in American families.
    Not in my house. But whenever my wife's ready, I'll gladly step aside.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Um, women still earn less for doing the same job as a man, so don't toot that equality horn just yet. As far as women being the main earner in two-income households, it has mostly to do with industrial and physical labor jobs (mostly male) being supplanted by service sector jobs (mostly female). Also, women make up an increasing percentage of college students, esp in the math and science related fields, and in professional programs. Men still tend to dominate in the business and financial sectors, which are far more lucrative but involve more financial risk and so can have volatile incomes.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Quote Originally Posted by 77CDV View Post
    Um, women still earn less for doing the same job as a man, so don't toot that equality horn just yet. As far as women being the main earner in two-income households, it has mostly to do with industrial and physical labor jobs (mostly male) being supplanted by service sector jobs (mostly female). Also, women make up an increasing percentage of college students, esp in the math and science related fields, and in professional programs. Men still tend to dominate in the business and financial sectors, which are far more lucrative but involve more financial risk and so can have volatile incomes.
    The male is strong in this one

The gap is closing. Not there yet, from what I can tell in school, but closing.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Too many carbs. Would rather she brought home bacon instead.
    Stingroo likes this.

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

Quote Originally Posted by Jesda View Post
    Too many carbs. Would rather she brought home bacon instead.
    What he said.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.