Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Junkyard finds thread

18K views 130 replies 24 participants last post by  stoveguyy 
#1 ·
Rather than clogging up post a random pic thread post your finds and other odditys here...

See less See more
#4 ·
STS_Seville_Hunter said:
Rather than clogging up post a random pic thread post your finds and other odditys here...
Poor sevilles :(

Also, I would rock the wires on that CDV :)

----------

Sad roadmaster sedan

Door and grille bezel donor for my caddy.

Got the trunk carpet to wrap the amp boards in my car from this car

Grille donor for my car (yes, this utterly destroyed car yeilded a mint grille)

----------

Gorgeous 85 biarritz with some nasty A pillar rot thanks to the astroroof. Got a mint leather wrapped wheel from it.

Whats left of a formerly nice impala ss

----------

Obliterated collectors series buick wagon

Poor 86 d'elegance :( This one was obvioudly well taken care of. The paint and chrome were immaculate, and it was smoked in but didn't smell of smoke or have stains anywhere. The seats were in mint condition too.
Got a cb radio, rear seat, alot of chrome trim (including mint rockers/ door chrome), and misc parts from it though

#6 ·
MrHolland said:
Tough to look at those poor Cadillacs....
I've got more if I can find them. The yards here are littered with old caddys (I only take pics of the messed up ones though)
One yard crushes every month and they still have 4 or 5 at a time. Other yard has about 10-12 of them in stock (but most are stripped of any usable parts and need to be crushed)

#8 ·
MrHolland said:
Heartbreaking...... Once they're gone, they're gone.
Yeah....but sadly, most aren't worth saving. Most of them look like the blue one I posted. I wish I could have bought the black 86 d'elegance. Left side damage aside, it was a gorgeous car. It was easily worth 5-6k prior to being wrecked. Sadly they don't sell cars (I've asked many times).

#9 ·
This was my late aunt's Coupe Deville. She bought it brand new! When she passed over eight years ago it was passed on to one of her daughters who lives here in Vegas. She drove it for a couple of years until the tranny failed; she then put it in storage with the intent of restoring it. It had been in storage for a few years until she recently decided to let it go.
She didn't know where they took it but I spotted it at one of the yards while picking up some pieces for my own Deville.

#14 ·
I wish my junkyard had real cars in it.

Found a 90s Town Car there last time though. Put the wheelbarrow of tools and parts in the trunk, managed to put the seat back and weathered the tropical storm in comfort.

Soon...soon...it will be crunch time on swapping that engine. If I haven't found someplace to get a rearend by then, I may have to lay out the money to buy a whole donor car just to get one.

#26 ·
I like the decked out long box like that silverado. You can haul more junk and you don't look like a contractor unless its painted white. As far as color schemes on that truck go, two tone is the way to go. Black/grey, black/silver two tone grey, silver/grey, brown/tan, navy blue/grey, red/silver, red/grey, burgandy/grey, the lines on those 70's/80's Silverado really go well with a two tone.

#28 ·
I like the decked out long box like that silverado. You can haul more junk and you don't look like a contractor unless its painted white. As far as color schemes on that truck go, two tone is the way to go. Black/grey, black/silver two tone grey, silver/grey, brown/tan, navy blue/grey, red/silver, red/grey, burgandy/grey, the lines on those 70's/80's Silverado really go well with a two tone.

Actually I prefer the mid 70's ones myself. They also look really great with the raised panel trim and two-toned sides
Short box only because of the way they drive with the shorter wheelbase. More fun, easier "city car" to drive.

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.