Hello everyone
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Hello everyone in General Discussion; I am posting from Shenzhen, China. Just received my 2013 SRX. This is my first American car I own. Will ...
    weealbert is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 3.0 V6

Hello everyone

I am posting from Shenzhen, China. Just received my 2013 SRX. This is my first American car I own. Will greatly look forward to exchange views and Infos with all forum participants.

Thank you.

Albert

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Hello everyone

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Welcome, Albert, it will be interesting to hear about your experience with your SRX in China.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Albert!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Welcome to (perhaps?) our first member from China! It will be fun to have you in our group and hope to hear more from you about Cadillac ownership in your country.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Huānyíng

Thanks all. My first experience wasn't a pleasant one. This may be due to being a foreigner in the country and not able to read the language. Yes, I had difficulty asking for the English language manuals and did not get much help from the distributor and from GM head office as well. I am surprise to hear back from GM China that they could not get the English manuals. I had no problem from my previous make ( Hyundai Sante Fe). I guess, they are focus to serve the majority. Besides, sales person is lacking in product knowledge. I am appalled at the standard of their service, would expect something decent representing a prestigious brand.

EcSTSatic is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

I thought from your post you were Chinese. Can you download the manuals? Someone here can probably hook you up.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Your experience with trying to get an "English" manual for your car speaks to the reason why American car makers have been losing to the Japanese and even the Europeans for decades. I mean really, what does it take for GM China to email the appropriate department in the states and have them send an English copy of the manual. I would be wondering if a art was needed and it wasn't on hand in China if you would have to wait till it showed up in some "regular" parts shipment by ground service, or they would just call parts in the States and have it in a few days. Hell, if you buy something from China on Ebay sometimes it will take less than a week to be delivered to your door in the States! This type of customer service has been why "Cadillac, standard of the world" has been overtaken by both European and Asian car companies in markets around the world.

Yes, Orconn, you are right.

I've lived here in China for almost 13 years and I can see the changes. The signs are now majority bilingual (Chinese and English). Good thing is that the CUE has the language option so I am able to operate the vehicle. By the way, I did manage to get the English version thru the web tho the engine specs differs. I believed the engine is a carry over (3.0L) from the previous model.

On another note I also written to CCC to verify if my vehicle is effected by the recent recall. I have yet to hear from the local distributor and I doubt if they are concern at all. I hope I am wrong.

Wow...I never thought of the CUE! That's funny, you got lucky on that.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by weealbert View Post
    On another note I also written to CCC to verify if my vehicle is effected by the recent recall. I have yet to hear from the local distributor and I doubt if they are concern at all. I hope I am wrong.
    Since the recall involves a problem that could kill you and since it is something very easily addressed by SRX owners, I recommend you check the lug nuts yourself while waiting to hear from GM.

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Welcome Albert. Hopefully your ownership experience improves!

Just found out another problem. There is an air dam that is suppose to be fitted beneath the front bumper and found it in the trunk. After checking with the dealer they said they don't recommend fitting it as it lowers the front clearance. Aren't the dam suppose to improve drag which will in turn improve fuel consumption. Dealer should at least have the decency to inform customer if they think otherwise. Frustrating...

Yes that is one of the reasons, also in some cases they direct air for the cooling system. If the road system is bad and the clearance is really an issue at least keep an eye on temp. If your driving allows I would install it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.