New Member: POPO from PA.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, New Member: POPO from PA. in General Discussion; Hi everyone, I figured I would introduce myself with a quick post. My name is Larry, and I am from ...
    popo8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

New Member: POPO from PA.

Hi everyone,

I figured I would introduce myself with a quick post. My name is Larry, and I am from Eastern PA. As the title hints, I am a Police Officer, and will hit my 12 year anniversary this year in August.

Last summer I purchased a used Cadillac Escalade, and have been enjoying using it as my Daily Driver. I traded in my purchased new, 2000 Montero Sport LS that I had done alot of modifications to, but it was time for a little more of a "grown up" vehicle. Plus being the car addict that I am, I needed something that could tow my other toys (if they ever broke).

Only mods I did... was a used set of 22s from a friend with an avalanche, and a COI on its way.

Now for some pics.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: New Member: POPO from PA.

Oh yeah.. I also co-own a forum called LTXtech.com which is based off of the 2nd generation LT1 engine platform.... Im a bit of a post whore also. lol

http://ltxtech.com/forums/forum.php

PICS of SOME of my other toys....
    Attached Images

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Welcome to the Forums!

Thankyou... And let me extend an offer to help out with anyone with any cop questions....(from my PA perspective).

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

....cheese it guys.....the cops are here!

Good evening officer.

Welcome to the forum!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Oooooh you have some fun toys! Right brand too (Chevy FTMFW!!!)

Welcome, and sweet Escalade! You will like it!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by popo8 View Post
    Thankyou... And let me extend an offer to help out with anyone with any cop questions....(from my PA perspective).
    Welcome to the forums. And since you offered............

Back in '92 I went to court for a failure to stop ticket. I had stopped but I could understand how the cop could have made the mistake.

I was approaching a red light where I was going to turn right. A cop car was waiting to turn left onto the street I was on. I could see the driver and partner talking and laughing and not watching me. I stopped at the light and immediately turned (legal in AZ) and accelerated hard. This was in a Syclone which meant I was VERY quickly up to speed. About a half mile later, those cops pulled me over and wrote a ticket for failure to stop. I figured they probably glanced over and saw me moving faster than they thought possible if I had stopped and had jumped to a bad conclusion.

To make a long story short, in court they tried to make what they said I did seem worse by claiming there was bumper to bumper traffic so I should have waited for the light to change but also that I was speeding while they tried to catch me. I pointed out how those both couldn't be true and also that If I had just been going the speed limit (I wasn't because traffic was slow) for them to catch me in a half mile after having to get turned around would mean they would have been going at least 60 MPH in said bumper to bumper traffic. Plus I had a G-analyst in the Syclone and printed out the 8 minutes prior to the stop and it showed I had made a right turn after stopping for .2 seconds. Now obviously there was no chain of custody or anything but the judge decided to accept it in light of the other testimony. I was found not guilty.

On the way out, the cop who wrote the ticket came up to me in the parking lot and gave me what he said was his home phone number and told me to call him so we could meet somewhere to discuss things.

My question is, do you have any idea what he might have wanted to talk about? And since I never called him, if it ever happened again, should I?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Nice Grand Sport .

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Welcome to the forums. And since you offered............

Back in '92 I went to court for a failure to stop ticket. I had stopped but I could understand how the cop could have made the mistake.

I was approaching a red light where I was going to turn right. A cop car was waiting to turn left onto the street I was on. I could see the driver and partner talking and laughing and not watching me. I stopped at the light and immediately turned (legal in AZ) and accelerated hard. This was in a Syclone which meant I was VERY quickly up to speed. About a half mile later, those cops pulled me over and wrote a ticket for failure to stop. I figured they probably glanced over and saw me moving faster than they thought possible if I had stopped and had jumped to a bad conclusion.

To make a long story short, in court they tried to make what they said I did seem worse by claiming there was bumper to bumper traffic so I should have waited for the light to change but also that I was speeding while they tried to catch me. I pointed out how those both couldn't be true and also that If I had just been going the speed limit (I wasn't because traffic was slow) for them to catch me in a half mile after having to get turned around would mean they would have been going at least 60 MPH in said bumper to bumper traffic. Plus I had a G-analyst in the Syclone and printed out the 8 minutes prior to the stop and it showed I had made a right turn after stopping for .2 seconds. Now obviously there was no chain of custody or anything but the judge decided to accept it in light of the other testimony. I was found not guilty.

On the way out, the cop who wrote the ticket came up to me in the parking lot and gave me what he said was his home phone number and told me to call him so we could meet somewhere to discuss things.

My question is, do you have any idea what he might have wanted to talk about? And since I never called him, if it ever happened again, should I?
    Lol... Im sorry Im laughing because I did not see that ending comming. lol.

I have no idea why he would have wanted u to call... But if ur concerned for ur safety , report it to his dept... If u are not...Then dont sweat it.

Im thinking maybe he liked u and was waiting till after there was not a ticket/traffic stop/court connection to give u the digits.

Either way...keep the number he wrote down...and if he was to ever become a problem in the future...u have something pesonal given to u...in his own handwritting to show his superiors for when THAT investigation begins.

Now...not much of a cop question, but i hope that helps... lol

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    ....cheese it guys.....the cops are here!

Good evening officer.

Welcome to the forum!
    Lol... Thanku....

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post

I do love it...esp at 6'4" tall and 250...it fits me much better than my old montero sport...and the 6.0 is much nicer than the 6cyl.

Im def a chevy/gm guy....although we also have a cherokee forbher winter beater...and genesis coupe track for her DD..

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post

Nice Grand Sport .

The GS has been one of my 3 dream cars since i could drive...the other two are the Countach and the Lotus turbo Esprit.

And thanku .

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MrHolland View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!
    Thanku sir

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post

------------------------------------------------
    brown noser -
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

Lol...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.