Not so new member
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By ronm01
  • 2 Post By orconn
  • 2 Post By talismandave
  • 2 Post By EChas3
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Not so new member in General Discussion; Hi! I've been a member for a little over a month. Just discovered that I have an Inbox with a ...
    ronm01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Bronze Beauty 2010 DTS Platinum

Not so new member

Hi! I've been a member for a little over a month. Just discovered that I have an Inbox with a welcome message. I have learned a lot already and feel as though I've only just begun.

"Cadillac" has meant luxury to us since long before the first imports became established competitors. My wife and I just purchased our first dream car in April... this 2010 DTS Platinum Cadillac that we call our "Bronze Beauty".

Having lived most of our lives at an income level that supported few luxuries, it is with proper pride that we can now own this wonderful automobile. It may be a used model in actuality, but it is as new to us as a model off the showroom floor. The Tuscan Bronze Chromaflair exterior highlighted by the 7-spoke chrome wheels with the Cadillac badges on bumper and rear deck are joyful reminders that we now own an automobile that appeals to our aesthetic sense of beauty. The linen Alcantara headliner, shale door panels and cocoa seats and floor mats are beautifully highlighted by burled maple wood trim. Driving or sitting in this vehicle gives us a feeling of royalty enjoying the view outside from a magnificent chariot. Yes, we are now riding comfortably in our stately and luxurious Cadillac! YIPPEE!!

-
    -
    -

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Not so new member

Congratulations on your new Cadillac. I hope you enjoy the ride for a long time!
    ronm01 and ronm01 like this.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Glad you dropped in and shared your story with us.

Your sentiments will probably be shared with a lot of the older forum members. It sure hit home with me.
    It hit on an emotional point that I had never put to words.

Your statement....."Cadillac" has meant luxury to us.....

Those words should some day grace my tombstone!
    There were wonderful Mercedes and BMW's, but Cadillac was in a class by itself. Their build quality was no longer "The Standard of the World" and we knew that, but it didn't matter. If you won the Lotto or had a huge windfall of money, the first thing you did was buy your Cadillac. In small town America in the sixties and seventies, when I grew up, the man who drove a Cadillac was someone important. When you passed his business and it was out front you would walk over and look in it and marvel at all the toys and the beauty of the interior compared to your family's car. When he drove down the street people would turn and watch it go by.

I'm sorry to take so much space in your thread. Your story just moved me and took me back to the reason I am here. I wish you and the Mrs. many happy miles being the "people with the Cadillac"! I hope it lives up to your dreams and expectations. It is a beautiful example of a True luxury brand.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Welcome!

Congratulations on your purchase!

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people and info in here. Enjoy your stay!!!

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV

Man that thing is gorgeous!

Glad you have arrived. And you have.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.