Roll Call: Oklahomans, please check in... - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Roll Call: Oklahomans, please check in... in General Discussion; While the map doesn't really show it , tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes all make their selves known in the state. ...
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Roll Call: Oklahomans, please check in...

While the map doesn't really show it , tornadoes, earthquakes and hurricanes all make their selves known in the state. Flooding, heat and humidity are yearly happenings and we even have forest fires!

When I moved here from California many years back I thought I was escaping all the natural disasters for which California is justifiably renown. When you add in the lousy food which the natives seem impressed with and one wonders why you would live here. On the bright side, while taxes are not the lowest in the land, they are much lower than the Golden State. We also have three good seasons, with Spring and Fall being spectacular. It is also, in Winter, often not much colder than California too.

I hear Oregon is very nice, if you can get over the congested dog and bike trails and its' distance from anywhere where things are happening!

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Roll Call: Oklahomans, please check in...

While we get our share of tornado action in WI they are so confined in their area and path of destruction that I have never been concerned about them. Even the big one in 1984 that leveled the town of Barnaveld WI was about a half mile long by a several hundred feet wide. If you lived a half mile either side of it you were fine. I was out bar hopping that night and about 10 minutes after it tore down Barnaveld it passed right over me as just a bad thunderstorm. Most touch down in a field and bother nobody.
    That was what made the OK one so unusual the long and wide path was much more like a Hurricane in scope of destruction.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.