worst car fad - Page 7
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 163
Like Tree72Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, worst car fad in General Discussion; I'm certainly open to conversation. So, why is it rusted or why only the front end??? Please, help me to ...
  1. #91
    MrHolland's Avatar
    MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Age
    39
    Posts
    4,093

    Re: worst car fad

    I'm certainly open to conversation. So, why is it rusted or why only the front end??? Please, help me to understand.

  2. #92
    trailor's Avatar
    trailor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Deville DTS, 120K Miles
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Bus, Ohio
    Posts
    157
    To be different. Everyone does just the good. So why not the front end.

    Car was originally vogue silver metallic and I just wanted the low life.
    Attached Images

  3. #93
    trailor's Avatar
    trailor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 00 Deville DTS, 120K Miles
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Bus, Ohio
    Posts
    157
    Used to be in the body kit phase. Bought this gem wrecked and with a new little bit of money and time it turned out to be fun.


  4. #94
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: worst car fad

    The dual led lights on the hood by the washer fluid nozzle trend.
    Glasspacks on any v8 sound like ass, If you want your car to sound like it has balls please change the camshaft and actually give the engine some balls.
    v6's with loud aftermarket or lack of mufflers that sound like dump trucks.
    Fart cans
    Fender hash marks
    Crusty Rusty rat rod's you built a cool looking car please give it a deserving paint job.
    The take my crappy hubcaps off and show my crappy black steel wheels on my crappy family car trend
    Donk'd out cars especially those sporting colors and logos of what ever company and name brand.
    The ricer tow hitch trend
    The guys with the modified cars that trailer them to the track just to drive them around like an ******* in the parking lot and never make a single pass, See a lot of that at Englishtown

    Baby on Board and Transporting Show dog caution signs I still see a lot of those they expect everyone to be careful driving around their vehicles yet they are ones that drive like some of the biggest *******s I have ever seen on the road.
    Same with the Minivan wanna be race cars with their stick figure families on the back window zig zagging lanes with no blinkers while their kids are watching t.v. in the back those *******s need to be pulled over and be charged with endangering their own children.

  5. #95
    vincentm's Avatar
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kennewick WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,681
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSCHICK View Post
    The dual led lights on the hood by the washer fluid nozzle trend.
    Glasspacks on any v8 sound like ass, If you want your car to sound like it has balls please change the camshaft and actually give the engine some balls.
    v6's with loud aftermarket or lack of mufflers that sound like dump trucks.
    Fart cans
    Fender hash marks
    Crusty Rusty rat rod's you built a cool looking car please give it a deserving paint job.
    The take my crappy hubcaps off and show my crappy black steel wheels on my crappy family car trend
    Donk'd out cars especially those sporting colors and logos of what ever company and name brand.
    The ricer tow hitch trend
    The guys with the modified cars that trailer them to the track just to drive them around like an ******* in the parking lot and never make a single pass, See a lot of that at Englishtown

    Baby on Board and Transporting Show dog caution signs I still see a lot of those they expect everyone to be careful driving around their vehicles yet they are ones that drive like some of the biggest *******s I have ever seen on the road.
    Same with the Minivan wanna be race cars with their stick figure families on the back window zig zagging lanes with no blinkers while their kids are watching t.v. in the back those *******s need to be pulled over and be charged with endangering their own children.
    I like this CF member

  6. #96
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,510
    ...Well said.

    Those fake tow hitches on ricers. I had never seen one until recently, but all within the last month, I have seen a ton of them. It is a shame I do not ever stop my car any place aside from work or the occasional hardware store or whatnot, because if I went to go wherever people like that go, I would love the opportunity to stop the owner and ask about it and what it is for, playing it off as if I had no clue about it's supposed purpose. I am really curious what story they would try to feed me.

  7. #97
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,634
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan
    ...Well said.

    Those fake tow hitches on ricers. I had never seen one until recently, but all within the last month, I have seen a ton of them. It is a shame I do not ever stop my car any place aside from work or the occasional hardware store or whatnot, because if I went to go wherever people like that go, I would love the opportunity to stop the owner and ask about it and what it is for, playing it off as if I had no clue about it's supposed purpose. I am really curious what story they would try to feed me.
    "Cuz it's a race car bro"


    Or as one of my friends (who drives a clean turbo'd SC300) said "It means that you're a really bad driver and you need them because you keep going in the ditch or your car is a hunk of junk that keeps breaking down and needs to get towed all the time"

  8. #98
    Aztec ETC ECS's Avatar
    Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    ...Well said.

    Those fake tow hitches on ricers. I had never seen one until recently, but all within the last month, I have seen a ton of them. It is a shame I do not ever stop my car any place aside from work or the occasional hardware store or whatnot, because if I went to go wherever people like that go, I would love the opportunity to stop the owner and ask about it and what it is for, playing it off as if I had no clue about it's supposed purpose. I am really curious what story they would try to feed me.
    They're not fake. They're used to pull them out of the woods or a ditch after over-drifting.

  9. #99
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec ETC ECS
    They're not fake. They're used to pull them out of the woods or a ditch after over-drifting.
    So essentially, it's for if you're a bad driver (also 95%+ of the cars with them are never used on a track)

  10. #100
    CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,789

    Re: worst car fad

    We all know that the majority of those cars sporting the tow hooks are there just for looks

    Forgot this one the Tourist bumper stickers that copy the European International vehicle registration stickers that are used to show what country a car is from.







  11. #101
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,670

    Re: worst car fad

    Yeah, when I moved back East and first saw those OBX stickers on the back of cars (usually on SUVs) I thought they meant the driver was an obstetrician! I thought people must be having a lot of babies in Northern Virginia!

    The other car sticker thing so very prevalent on cars in NOVA was the college and university stickers that people stuck on there to tell everyone how well their kids had done getting into prestigious schools. I noticed there were a lot of Penn, Harvard and Princeton stickers but very few University of Virginia stickers. The I figured out that very kids from NOVA are admitted to UVA because if they just did their admissions based on merit their would be only kids from NOVA at UVA!

  12. #102
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,510

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec ETC ECS View Post
    They're not fake. They're used to pull them out of the woods or a ditch after over-drifting.
    I'll believe that if you can find me a video of a flimsy aluminium tow point, attached directly to the fibreglass bumper of their body kit with two sheetrock screws pulling a car "out of the woods or a ditch".

    As for stickers, some classicly overused and ludicrous nominees are

    "My Other Car Is A [Topical Item]"


    "Proud Parent of a [School nobody has ever heard of] Student/Honour Roll Student"

    "[Polician/Year]" (especially if they did not win) Also look for any cliche about not liking the government.

    "[General Religious Propaganda]" (Not to point fingers, but these are usually from those Christian people) Don't forget the "Jesus Fish"

    The Southern "Stars And Bars" flag, which just advertises to the world that you are usually either racist, ignorant or some combination thereof.

    "13.1" or "26.2" because apparently it is supposed to impress me that you know how long a Marathon is?

    And one of my personal favourites,

    "Sports Team that no one has heard of"

  13. #103
    Aztec ETC ECS's Avatar
    Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,864

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    I'll believe that if you can find me a video of a flimsy aluminium tow point, attached directly to the fibreglass bumper of their body kit with two sheetrock screws pulling a car "out of the woods or a ditch".
    OK. You win. But I did find this. I know it doesn't have that silly hitch but...


    I like this one better:


    ----------


    Since we're on the Rice subject, how about OVERSIZE mufflers/tailpipes on underpowered cars:


  14. #104
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,510

    Re: worst car fad

    How about Sting's favourite car on the entire Internet?



    And for fun, I feel it is safe to say that we are ALL Jealous of the Cadillac at 3:20 in this video.


  15. #105
    cadillac kevin's Avatar
    cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    5,634
    Oddly one of the suggested videos on the video rob posted

    Be warned...do not look if you don't want to barf

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwrel&v=TEg0P3aDvgg

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting