worst car fad - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, worst car fad in General Discussion; Originally Posted by talismandave Yes, that was in the early 80's they were selling them. I don't think even Whitney ...
    Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Re: worst car fad

Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Yes, that was in the early 80's they were selling them. I don't think even Whitney could find buyers for them now.
    Yes, it's a blur but I was there.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

I dont think so since my 98 Deville has a power antenna. Electrical weapon? Ghetto blasters are a weapon to me relaxing so it is the weapon. Rap is NOT music, it is a noise.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Isn't that what they said about rock and roll?

yes yes yes, live and learn. I could burn their car but would not want them to collect insurance.

----------

rock and roll takes talent and a good voice. Rap noise is only fast talking with no talent at all.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

In my view, much of "rap" is a supposedly socially acceptable medium for the expression of behavior and attitudes that are not only intolerable to society but detrimental to the human race. The fact that the original source of "rap" was an under privileged and abused (although much of the abuse was ethnically self inflicted, at least in the last thirty years) is no excuse for the acceptability of many of the opinions and sentiments expressed in "Rap." .

I do not find "rap" musically pleasant or even environmentally tolerable ... accept to educate the rest of society as to the depths to which some of our fellow man can fall in their disrespect for other members of the human race.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    What people choose to listen to isn't up to anyone but themselves. Playing it (or any other style of music) loudly, doesn't give anyone the right to vandalize a car. That's all I'm saying.

..... I wonder if the people who complain about the young kid in a Civic, playing Jay Z, or the cop who would pull him over, would do the same if it were an older driver in a '69 camaro, playing Aerosmith.

^^^ A persons rights regardless of their age extend to their own space not to the space of others. When the so called enjoyment of one person's taste infringes on another person's enjoyment of their own taste within their own space, regardless of the age of the perpetrator, then I would come down on the side of the one being violated.

Too often the objection to uncivil behavior is interpreted and blamed to some kind of prejudice on the part of person who is offended, when in fact the objection is really caused by a disapproval of the rude and uncivil action.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    I can't stand the boom noise from those cars too. I was told about a solution to it, get a tazer gun and zap their car antenna and it will burn their high dollar noise maker up. I have not tried this but I will try it on my neighbors car. And there is no way to prove what happened. I was told the speaker mounting bolts are loosened to make the speakers more annoying. I called the police on a black truck that goes by my house making that noise and the Deputy Sheriff sent 2 cars to their house. I hope they get caught driving and drinking when they get pulled over because of the noise. A DWI will cost them at least 5,000.

----------

That is "short man syndrome". little man, big truck. I feel normal size at 6'1", my cousin is 6' 6".
    Someone try any of that to my car i'll replace it all with an even louder system...either that or find who did so and tape a grenade to their forehead and piss on their grave
    MoistCabbage and MoistCabbage like this.

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    What people choose to listen to isn't up to anyone but themselves. Playing it (or any other style of music) loudly, doesn't give anyone the right to vandalize a car. That's all I'm saying.
    How about an annoying aftermarket car alarm at 3AM that won't stop going off.
    I hate that more than anything else car related! It will be vandalized on my block.

I dont think so since my 98 Deville has a power antenna. Electrical weapon? Ghetto blasters are a weapon to me relaxing so it is the weapon. Rap is NOT music, it is a noise.
    Define music...

^^^ If you like "rap" that is fine .... just don't subject me to it. I do draw the line at "rap" that defiles other human beings and advocates behavior which is against the individual and society ... I pity the person who finds that kind of rap enjoyable ... regardless of their excuse!

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    ^^^ If you like "rap" that is fine .... just don't subject me to it. I do draw the line at "rap" that defiles other human beings and advocates behavior which is against the individual and society ... I pity the person who finds that kind of rap enjoyable ... regardless of their excuse!

Then you must pity me then, oh well. moving on..

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Then why not live someplace where there are less neighbours, since it seems to be such a problem that you plot premeditated destruction of property on your neighbours. Seriously.

I do not agree with the music everyone else listens to hut I respect their freedom to enjoy it and their property enough not to destroy any of it for having a difference of opinion. Grow the **** up.

My closest neighbour in Nevada collects fire rescue vehicles. I never mind him playing with his horns or sirens because we are not dumb enough to build houses at the borderline of our property line, where we have to hear one another.

Maybe you annoy that neighbour of yours just as much in some way. Especially since it sounds like you tend to be basically right on top of him, since you can hear music originating FROM THE INSIDE of his car.

Also not to be the one to point this out, but you seem to hate every genre of music that anyone ever mentions. You've even started threads to advertise your hate of it in the past.

And on a final note, pointing out that your 98 DeVille (lol) has a power antenna is hardly a good argument against my point that it would be difficult to test your theory on a modern car because it would be difficult to find a modern car WITHOUT a power antenna. In fact, it lends credit to my statement.

You do not know what you are talking about son. I am 300 feet from the road and the neighbors complained about the truck noise. The noise should not be louder than my tv in my house. People that make that noise are starving for attention. Why else put more speakers on the outside of the car. your credibility is shot. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Then why not live someplace where there are less neighbours, since it seems to be such a problem that you plot premeditated destruction of property on your neighbours. Seriously.

I do not agree with the music everyone else listens to hut I respect their freedom to enjoy it and their property enough not to destroy any of it for having a difference of opinion. Grow the **** up.

My closest neighbour in Nevada collects fire rescue vehicles. I never mind him playing with his horns or sirens because we are not dumb enough to build houses at the borderline of our property line, where we have to hear one another.

Maybe you annoy that neighbour of yours just as much in some way. Especially since it sounds like you tend to be basically right on top of him, since you can hear music originating FROM THE INSIDE of his car.

Also not to be the one to point this out, but you seem to hate every genre of music that anyone ever mentions. You've even started threads to advertise your hate of it in the past.

And on a final note, pointing out that your 98 DeVille (lol) has a power antenna is hardly a good argument against my point that it would be difficult to test your theory on a modern car because it would be difficult to find a modern car WITHOUT a power antenna. In fact, it lends credit to my statement.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Why would anyone sane live that close to a roadway? I think you need to check who has lost their credibility, you ****ing asshat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.