worst car fad - Page 5
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 163
Like Tree72Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, worst car fad in General Discussion; Originally Posted by talismandave Yes, that was in the early 80's they were selling them. I don't think even Whitney ...
  1. #61
    Aztec ETC ECS's Avatar
    Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,873

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post
    Yes, that was in the early 80's they were selling them. I don't think even Whitney could find buyers for them now.
    Yes, it's a blur but I was there.
    talismandave and talismandave like this.

  2. #62
    CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Elkhart, Texas
    Posts
    369

    Re: worst car fad

    I dont think so since my 98 Deville has a power antenna. Electrical weapon? Ghetto blasters are a weapon to me relaxing so it is the weapon. Rap is NOT music, it is a noise.

  3. #63
    MoistCabbage's Avatar
    MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Boston MA.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    21,551
    Isn't that what they said about rock and roll?

  4. #64
    CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Elkhart, Texas
    Posts
    369

    Re: worst car fad

    yes yes yes, live and learn. I could burn their car but would not want them to collect insurance.

    ----------

    rock and roll takes talent and a good voice. Rap noise is only fast talking with no talent at all.

  5. #65
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,786

    Re: worst car fad

    In my view, much of "rap" is a supposedly socially acceptable medium for the expression of behavior and attitudes that are not only intolerable to society but detrimental to the human race. The fact that the original source of "rap" was an under privileged and abused (although much of the abuse was ethnically self inflicted, at least in the last thirty years) is no excuse for the acceptability of many of the opinions and sentiments expressed in "Rap." .

    I do not find "rap" musically pleasant or even environmentally tolerable ... accept to educate the rest of society as to the depths to which some of our fellow man can fall in their disrespect for other members of the human race.

  6. #66
    MoistCabbage's Avatar
    MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Boston MA.
    Age
    26
    Posts
    21,551
    What people choose to listen to isn't up to anyone but themselves. Playing it (or any other style of music) loudly, doesn't give anyone the right to vandalize a car. That's all I'm saying.

    ..... I wonder if the people who complain about the young kid in a Civic, playing Jay Z, or the cop who would pull him over, would do the same if it were an older driver in a '69 camaro, playing Aerosmith.

  7. #67
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,786

    Re: worst car fad

    ^^^ A persons rights regardless of their age extend to their own space not to the space of others. When the so called enjoyment of one person's taste infringes on another person's enjoyment of their own taste within their own space, regardless of the age of the perpetrator, then I would come down on the side of the one being violated.

    Too often the objection to uncivil behavior is interpreted and blamed to some kind of prejudice on the part of person who is offended, when in fact the objection is really caused by a disapproval of the rude and uncivil action.

  8. #68
    vincentm's Avatar
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kennewick WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,691
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    I can't stand the boom noise from those cars too. I was told about a solution to it, get a tazer gun and zap their car antenna and it will burn their high dollar noise maker up. I have not tried this but I will try it on my neighbors car. And there is no way to prove what happened. I was told the speaker mounting bolts are loosened to make the speakers more annoying. I called the police on a black truck that goes by my house making that noise and the Deputy Sheriff sent 2 cars to their house. I hope they get caught driving and drinking when they get pulled over because of the noise. A DWI will cost them at least 5,000.

    ----------

    That is "short man syndrome". little man, big truck. I feel normal size at 6'1", my cousin is 6' 6".
    Someone try any of that to my car i'll replace it all with an even louder system...either that or find who did so and tape a grenade to their forehead and piss on their grave
    MoistCabbage and MoistCabbage like this.

  9. #69
    Aztec ETC ECS's Avatar
    Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,873

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    What people choose to listen to isn't up to anyone but themselves. Playing it (or any other style of music) loudly, doesn't give anyone the right to vandalize a car. That's all I'm saying.
    How about an annoying aftermarket car alarm at 3AM that won't stop going off.
    I hate that more than anything else car related! It will be vandalized on my block.

  10. #70
    vincentm's Avatar
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kennewick WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,691

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    I dont think so since my 98 Deville has a power antenna. Electrical weapon? Ghetto blasters are a weapon to me relaxing so it is the weapon. Rap is NOT music, it is a noise.
    Define music...

  11. #71
    orconn's Avatar
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Age
    71
    Posts
    12,786

    Re: worst car fad

    ^^^ If you like "rap" that is fine .... just don't subject me to it. I do draw the line at "rap" that defiles other human beings and advocates behavior which is against the individual and society ... I pity the person who finds that kind of rap enjoyable ... regardless of their excuse!

  12. #72
    vincentm's Avatar
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Kennewick WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,691

    Re: worst car fad

    Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    ^^^ If you like "rap" that is fine .... just don't subject me to it. I do draw the line at "rap" that defiles other human beings and advocates behavior which is against the individual and society ... I pity the person who finds that kind of rap enjoyable ... regardless of their excuse!

    Then you must pity me then, oh well. moving on..

  13. #73
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,526
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    I dont think so since my 98 Deville has a power antenna. Electrical weapon? Ghetto blasters are a weapon to me relaxing so it is the weapon. Rap is NOT music, it is a noise.
    Then why not live someplace where there are less neighbours, since it seems to be such a problem that you plot premeditated destruction of property on your neighbours. Seriously.

    I do not agree with the music everyone else listens to hut I respect their freedom to enjoy it and their property enough not to destroy any of it for having a difference of opinion. Grow the **** up.

    My closest neighbour in Nevada collects fire rescue vehicles. I never mind him playing with his horns or sirens because we are not dumb enough to build houses at the borderline of our property line, where we have to hear one another.

    Maybe you annoy that neighbour of yours just as much in some way. Especially since it sounds like you tend to be basically right on top of him, since you can hear music originating FROM THE INSIDE of his car.

    Also not to be the one to point this out, but you seem to hate every genre of music that anyone ever mentions. You've even started threads to advertise your hate of it in the past.

    And on a final note, pointing out that your 98 DeVille (lol) has a power antenna is hardly a good argument against my point that it would be difficult to test your theory on a modern car because it would be difficult to find a modern car WITHOUT a power antenna. In fact, it lends credit to my statement.

  14. #74
    CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Elkhart, Texas
    Posts
    369

    Re: worst car fad

    You do not know what you are talking about son. I am 300 feet from the road and the neighbors complained about the truck noise. The noise should not be louder than my tv in my house. People that make that noise are starving for attention. Why else put more speakers on the outside of the car. your credibility is shot. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Then why not live someplace where there are less neighbours, since it seems to be such a problem that you plot premeditated destruction of property on your neighbours. Seriously.

    I do not agree with the music everyone else listens to hut I respect their freedom to enjoy it and their property enough not to destroy any of it for having a difference of opinion. Grow the **** up.

    My closest neighbour in Nevada collects fire rescue vehicles. I never mind him playing with his horns or sirens because we are not dumb enough to build houses at the borderline of our property line, where we have to hear one another.

    Maybe you annoy that neighbour of yours just as much in some way. Especially since it sounds like you tend to be basically right on top of him, since you can hear music originating FROM THE INSIDE of his car.

    Also not to be the one to point this out, but you seem to hate every genre of music that anyone ever mentions. You've even started threads to advertise your hate of it in the past.

    And on a final note, pointing out that your 98 DeVille (lol) has a power antenna is hardly a good argument against my point that it would be difficult to test your theory on a modern car because it would be difficult to find a modern car WITHOUT a power antenna. In fact, it lends credit to my statement.

  15. #75
    The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sitting on The Levee
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,526
    Why would anyone sane live that close to a roadway? I think you need to check who has lost their credibility, you ****ing asshat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting