Cadillac Owners Forum banner

worst car fad

26K views 162 replies 37 participants last post by  The-Dullahan 
#1 ·
Spinners. Those damned spinning rims were so gross. I was in high school when they became popular, and EVERYONE at my school was in love with em... except me. "they keep spinning, even when you stop!" I hated those chromed turds from day one. Haha. I suppose we've all seen a perfectly good car ruined by some weak fad at some time. Any worse than the dreaded spinning twenty inch rim though?

#149 ·
Custom coachwork is even worse. Vinyl top delete cost extra back then for a reason. Many Limo's were junk under the vinyl.

#159 ·
I want to get one of those stick figure families for my truck but instead they're all running from Jason Vorhees with a machette.

Also don't know if anybody has mentioned what I call "Meixcan wheels" You know they have a really deep lip but the offset is so screwed up they sit way outside the fender. And I don't mean to stereotype, but its almost always some latino guy who's running these types of wheels.

#161 ·
That was big on 70s and 80s RWD GM cars and isuzu/ toyota/ nissan hardbody minitrucks back in the 90s here in the midwest (which means I'm guessing it was big in the 80s on the coast because we're so far behind style wise).
My dad called it the "fake lowrider look" because it looked like it would be a lowrider with the frame scraping the ground and the goofy spoke rims with bulging out rubberband tires (like the tire was 3 inches too narrow but they overfilled it so it looked like a balloon and stuck out past the rim), but very very rarely did they actually have hydros on them.

#162 ·
The hanging of dice or other cheesy stuff from rearview mirror mounts. Although I must say that I am especially fond of the animated hula dancers that used to be found on car rear window shelves, especially if they were lighted at night! The shocking pink plastic bomb shaped antenna toppers always lent a lot class to the 1950's cars they adorned, too!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.