Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What Color is Your Ride?

7K views 70 replies 37 participants last post by  truckinman 
#1 ·
My CTS is Silver. I have always thought Silver to be strong with the personality of resolution and leadership.

I wonder what the popular colors are and have been for Cadillac's over the last 3 decades.

#2 ·
Black. Like my heart.

My Mack is black with a dark grey and black interior.

My Cadillac is black with a burgundy interior, accented by the wood and chrome parts.

My Pontiac is black with a black Leather interior. They looked ugly most of the time they had any other interior anyhow.

My Triumph is black. With lots of chrome.

The two Furds I cannot count, because I do not personally use them, as they are fleet vehicles. The second one was purchased sight unseen and this only happened because I heard about it, due to the fact that it was the same colour combo as the first. They are both the same shade of blue with tan interiors.

My Chevrolet, I cannot count as it was my Father's car. It has a black interior, which is admirable. It is however the same bright red that people tend to associate with Chevy cars from that era.

My Lincoln was blue with a white top. Nobody, not even me, ever knew how or why. Somehow, it had a white leather interior. Strange indeed. Of course, after the carbombing, much of these problems were fixed and it became a respectable colour...like black...

I could replace it with a triple black one any time I want, as there are three in my area for sale, all between $2,000 and $5,000. Not likely, as I am not looking to replace it.Whatever I purchase next will most likely be...black.

#3 ·
I think that the colors favored for Cadillacs had a lot to do with the neighborhood the original owner lived in. When I was in my teenage years on the East Coast it seemed that dark gray (dubbed "snob appeal gray" by my waggish roommate) or dark metallic green ..... very few light colors. In California where I sent my earlier and later years lighter colors in pastel shades were more the order of the day.

I will say that for that last couple of decades the colors offered , with a few exceptions, have been dull, dull, dull! Cadillac did seem to "spice" things up a bit with their "opalescent" colors with the extra cost white and red being very popular.

It has been awhile since Cadillac offered a fire engine red for any of its' cars. The last time I remember bright red being offered it was on the Eldorado Collector's Edition back in 2002. I have seen a few 4th generation Sevilles in bright red, but I have never been sure if they were a factory option.

#7 ·
^agreed! black is my personal favorite.

'04 s10 crewcab black/graphite int.(closest thing to black GM offered in a S-series)
'01 s10 extended cab Olympic white/graphite int.
'00 Sonoma extended cab dark cherry metallic/graphite int.
'99 s10 regular cab,regular bed Summit white/graphite int.
'97 s10 extended cab black/graphite int.
'96 Blazer LT 4door black/graphite int.

The 97 originally had light grey interior,and I changed it. dash,carpet,seats,every single plastic part down to the screw for the jack cover. if I could paint they'd all be black too:D

I have a few parts/non drivable trucks also,but they don't count.

#13 ·
The Seville is Crimson with a black, textured full carriage top. Shale interior now, it'll be black by summer.

The '94 Vigor is medium/light green. Peanut butter interior.

The '91 Accord is light green. Ivory interior.

The '94 Town Car was dark blue, with a matching full carriage top. Dark beige interior.

The '97 SLS was white diamond. Shale interior.

The '87 Chevette coupe was bright red, with matching interior.

The '89 Custom Cruiser was medium metallic brown, with wood grain vinyl. Peanut butter interior.

#16 ·
Lexus is pearl white/light tan interior. IMO its my favorite color combo, except maybe for the bright red/light tan combo with chrome wheels.

Truck was a shiny black when new. Now its mostly flat black house paint or spray paint, complete with brush strokes and overspray on the trim.

My 91 Brougham was Black Sapphire Metallic, navy top, navy leather. I loved the color on that car, it looked black at night, navy blue in the day, the paint was so deep you could swim in it.

#18 ·
Aron9000 said:
Lexus is pearl white/light tan interior. IMO its my favorite color combo,
That's the exact color combo of our Rav4 Limited. I love the tan leather and the way that white pearl paint looks in the sun is amazing.

My STS, however, is black on black. Come to think of it, pretty much every car I've ever owned has had black leather interior. Or at least black even the ones with cloth.

#20 ·
^Rare but I've seen an STS & an AURORA with this combo. Nice. Don't forget the tint.

'02 Collector ETC- Red/Black & Red int
'74 Convertible Olds- Red/White int
'05 Escalade- Diamond White/Tan int
'09 Interceptor- White/Dark Gray int

Didn't plan it, just ended up this way.
Always liked black on black but needed constant cleaning/wiping down.
My wife & I had 2 black/black '98 STS's at the same time for a while. Neighbors thought the mob lived here.

#21 ·
My 2003 Marauder is Dark Blue Pearl with a light grey (almost white) leather interior. Dark Blue Pearl is a stunning shade of blue, it's not as dark as navy, but still quite dark and it really pops in the sunlight.

My '91 LeSabre is white with a maroon cloth interior. I've nicknamed it the Crimson Tide.

#27 ·
Crimson Pearl tri-coat with shale/neutral shale interior.

Over 57 years of car ownership I've had practically every color of the rainbow as well as black and white, basics and metallics. The best combo ?? A 1965 Chevelle MalibuSS 327/350 4-speed posi in Emerald Green metallic with a two-tone camel interior. ("Camel" - think of darkish cream & sugar coffee).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.