Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Snoresville in the lounge! Or is just me?

4K views 40 replies 22 participants last post by  Aztec ETC ECS 
#1 ·
It seems a lot of the former vitality has been missing from the Community Lounge lately. All one word welcomes to new members and very little in the way of interesting or even somewhat humorous conversation.

For four or five years we all could depend on some light hearted reading and commentary to be found in the CF Lounge, but seems to have diminished of late. The model specific queries haven't helped either.

We need to spice things up!

#6 ·
This is a convenient time to bring up something that I tried before but it got shot down, I asked about all electric cars and how do they self supply energy to keep running,
what about night driving with lights on and when heat is required,isn't this a large drain on electrical resources?, in other words how do they work?.

#12 ·
MAGIC! :D

Find Rick and ask him to start a few new threads and discussions about the importance of manual gear boxes!
Find Destroyer and ask him to start a few new threads and discussions about the Northstar engine and its reliability and performance.
Go to V1 section and ask the people to start a new thread in the lounge about LS2 vs LS6.
Ask the-Dullahan to start a new thread about pants vs kilts!

Meanwhile, let's start new threads about:
which engine oil is better the others
big rims and their effects on car's performance
Cold air intakes and how many extra HPs they produce
FWD vs RWD, which one is better?
How much beautiful a Cadillac looks after adding a bunch of autozone's chrome trims

To achieve the best results, make the discussions as personal as possible!
This guy knows what's up :sneaky:

Quaker State is the bomb. Everything else is like dumping sand into your engine.

I totally got a deal on a PVC pipe CAI. I gots 20 hp at da wheelz!

Funny you mention the Autozone chrome. I was gonna add a old school V8 badge, limited edition badge, chrome door trim, and two giant chrome pinstripes along the top of the fenders and doors!

:histeric:

#9 · (Edited)
We need to spice things up!
Find Rick and ask him to start a few new threads and discussions about the importance of manual gear boxes!
Find Destroyer and ask him to start a few new threads and discussions about the Northstar engine and its reliability and performance.
Go to V1 section and ask the people to start a new thread in the lounge about LS2 vs LS6.

Meanwhile, let's start new threads about:
which engine oil is better the others
big rims and their effects on car's performance
Cold air intakes and how many extra HPs they produce
FWD vs RWD, which one is better?
How much beautiful a Cadillac looks after adding a bunch of autozone's chrome trims

To achieve the best results, make the discussions as personal as possible!

#35 ·
Kilts. A Garment worn historically by various people from certain areas of Europe. Women and Men both wear Kilts. Women's kilts are quite a bit longer (or in some cases in the "right" parts of America, far shorter). Sometimes called "Skirts" though by definition, every piece of clothing has a "skirt" to it, as that merely refers to a bottom hanging hem. Pants have two skirts, in fact.

The primary difference between the traditional Americanized "skirt" worn by women and a Kilt (Worn by a man or woman) is that the Kilt actually bears more resemblance to a massive blanket composed of around nine yards of fabric (When worn by men), carefully pleated by hand and wrapped around the waist, similar to the way one wraps a towel around themself when leaving the shower. It is all then secured with a belt.

Okay, so that's out of the way, let's review Pants. To properly express the study of Pants, I believe I can sum it up rather well through the phonetic etymology of the word.

The word "Pants" comes from a Pre-Medieval word in it's own right. Another word of the same origin is "Pansy". I believe I can accurately sum up the definition of "Pants" by stating that in it's purest form, it literally means "What is worn by a Pansy" whereas Pansy means "A man who chooses to wear pants."

This of course applies to shortpants (called "Shorts" in the south), bellbottoms, dress pants (Whatever the hell those are) and every other variety.

#20 ·
When I die I’m going to have my body stuffed with bacon and fed to pigs that will then be slaughtered and turned into bacon. That way the nourishment that my bacon filled body provides them will undoubtedly merge with the bacon that is created from their bodies and I will, by a lot of scientific jargon that you wouldn’t understand, become a giant slice of bacon. Born again as a 15 foot tall sub-human slice of bacon my human brain will of course be no more and my thoughts will turn only to exacting my revenge on all those who have wronged me, which will be everyone because bacon is delicious and everyone is guilty of eating it in large quantities. My first target of course will be Atkins dieters as every meal in the home of an Atkins dieter is like the bacon holocaust, however in a sick and cruel twist I too will not be able to resist the crispity, crunchity, grease ‘n buttery goodness. As I reach my first target, bent on destruction I break in the front door of their house and charge immediately to the kitchen. Just as I suspected there sits a very large man hovered greedily over a hot pan of bacon. I reach for my bacon pistol (of course I have a bacon pistol) but am instantly over powered by the shriveled little black bits of goodness boiling in their own grease causing me to shove the man aside and dive face first into the pan. The next fifteen minutes was described to police as “horrifying beyond all reason” as the obese man watches first my lips and hands disappear into my giant bacon mouth, followed by my arms and legs until I am nothing but a writhing set of teeth begging someone, anyone to feed me to myself until finally the loss of grease is too much and I fade into the darkness. I wonder … will I dream… of bacon?

#32 ·
Been restoring the JD 455, getting the Formula ready for some glass work, and someone ran a lawnmower into the vette. Right on the nose. Played a lot of golf including the teeth of the dog in casa de campo dominican republic. .. Playing tomorrow in nj.. I use the caddy mostly for golf.

----------

And about the electric cars.. I live out in the sticks. Most out here have huge houses on10 acre plots. Im seeing some of them with solar panels on the barns and driving electric cars. Makes sense to me, but you also need to convert everything. Screw the oil companies, even if it costs 100k to do it..

#36 ·
Well, first day of thread and 3 pages of nonsense, I'd say we still have the "magic"!:lol:

On a serious note, I think part of it is spring/summer. I also think that the site is growing so fast with the arrival of New Car Cadillac buyers that it may have outgrown the current set-up of introductions all being in the general discussion Lounge. When interesting threads are posted within a day they are pushed off the front page by a slew of intros.
I really think Admin should consider having the introductions in the New Cadillac and Past Cadillac areas and leave Lounge just general BS.
It would better serve the new members to be greeted by the people they will be hanging out and talking to, instead of the few that are regulars in the lounge. They would get a much more personal response from fellow owners of their era/model instead of a bunch of quickie one word welcomes from members they will never talk to again.
I know that I have more comments, questions, and compliments for the posts in the RWD and Classic areas that are introductions than I do for a new CTS owner. I'm sure the same is true for the New Cadillac members.
In my opinion, the way we do it now was great when this was a smaller group, but is just not meant to keep up with the huge site that it has become.:noidea:

My 3 cents, keep the change!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.