plastic gun made from 3 D laser - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree22Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, plastic gun made from 3 D laser in General Discussion; The crime rate in the US has been falling for the last couple of decades. While I doubt this has ...
    orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: plastic gun made from 3 D laser

The crime rate in the US has been falling for the last couple of decades. While I doubt this has anything to do with proliferation of multiple gun ownership, it is a fact.

Tony Alvarado is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville sts
    It's a tough call to make. Maybe they would have walked away. Maybe the courts would have a hard time convicting a man for shooting two stab happy meth heads. Either way I'd rather take my chances with a pistol, maybe I should just carry everywhere I go...
    Though it would be a pain in the ass...

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

I carried daily for about 15 years. It really isn't that hard if you get the right weapon/holster set-up. It takes a lot of trial and error to get the best fit. Can't go cheap on the holster, it is your key to happiness/comfort.
    With all the new concealment items on the market today it is probably much easier today than when I carried. Still would limit some clothing choices, but worth it if your work or lifestyle requires it.

CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

what a dummy , yes lets use martial art instead of giving our soldiers guns. That would be real smart. What an idiot you are. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    ^The problem is that with the inclusion of the Firearm, a weapon that any retard with a pair of eyes and hands can use, the art behind learning to fight is mostly forgotten. Perhaps what upsets me most about moving away from home is the lack of appreciation and displayable talent in art in the Outlands. Martial Arts are among these. The same reason why the Crossbow was banned by The Pope across Europe (for being an effective weapon to kill an enemy in a cowardly, long-range fashion, without any true skill or training, thereby tipping the scales horribly unevenly) is what the firearm actually came along and was even BETTER at doing.

I like "gun people" for the most part. I have a lot of respect for anyone who can take the time to actually sit down and study any subject, even those that do not interest me (such as cars, but I get along with "car guys" all the same)

However, I occasionally come across these people who feel that because of the extreme talent they possess with a firearm, they are some type of unstoppably killing machine...yet they never have the ability to fight without their precious weapon. It actually makes me very sad to see so few people today know how to fight (be it unarmed or armed melee combat) and that is only ONE type of art. It makes me wonder what the **** they spent their childhood learning when they are unable to properly display any artistic ability.

But you see, these Gun people. Some of them are true artists in their trade. A personal friend of mine (one of my best friends) we have just sort of decided owns "three of everything" so far as firearms go. She also makes and modifies them and caps her own ammunition. Her living space is essentially a futon, some simple furniture here or there throughout the rooms, tables blanketed in specialized equipment and projects being worked on and shelves, lockboxes and drawers full of neatly kept, neatly sorted firearms of all shapes, sizes and vintages. This same kid however, has excellent prowess in martial arts. While not the greatest with a melee weapon (though trained fully in two such arts) she is very well versed in hand-to-hand combat (which is of course, as with most friends, how I met her to begin with). Some of these Gun people can create or study their passion as an artist. But...for the most part, this is maybe 2% of these hardcore gun people.

In spite of advice to acquire one from many people, including the state attorney, I do not need a firearm. I am licensed to carry a weapon and I can get one any time I like (In fact, I already know this same friend, as well as several others, have nice weapons they would willingly give to me) but I don't. If I ever do, I have an assortment of friends with firearms. They can do the bang-bang-shoot-em-up part for me.

All of that being said. I have been shot at dozens of times. Seldom has it been that only single shot was fired. Most times, there were LOTS of bullets fired and on probably a third of them, there were shots coming from more than one person. In spite of this, no one has ever managed to actually hit me, which my friends and relations joke about (Though in recent months, the phrase "They haven't made a bomb big enough to kill Chamus." has become more favourable). Yet most times people have tried to attack me from close-range, they have at least had mild success and landed a hit (not counting the people who I knew would hit me, because they were sparring, fighting professionally, training with me, or perhaps that one drunk guy at a party who wants to fight, but you know better than to hit first) and I wear scars from many of these encounters to this day.

I believe part of the reason for this is that one one truly learns a discipline and invests their life (literally, YEARS of their life) into developing it and making it their own, thereby becoming an Art, in the purest sense of the world, that they will only naturally be far better at it than if they are simply the type of person who does something like collecting a variety of guns and taking them to the range every so often.

Then again, maybe it is because most people training with hand-based weapons or hand-to-hand combat practice against live opponents, instead of a paper target hanging on a hook.

Rant over.

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle
    what a dummy , yes lets use martial art instead of giving our soldiers guns. That would be real smart. What an idiot you are. LOL
    ??? How did you get that out if what he typed?
    The-Dullahan and The-Dullahan like this.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    This kid is ****ing dense. When you grow up and you're a little and you're older, maybe you'll get it.

On top of your being blatantly intolerant of people's religious or life choices, a known and proudly outspoken racist and a general douchebag, it turns out you're illiterate as well.

Good on ya. Your Mum must be proud.

Call it intuition, but I feel we won't be hearing much from you for a while.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    ??? How did you get that out if what he typed?
    I swear, this kid must be on drugs.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Alvarado View Post
    I was actually STABBED last June for no reason. I've lost some feeling in my hand and neck. I almost lost everything that night..
    Welcome to my life. Feeling is highly over-rated anyhow, you just have to make sure NOT to sit on the radiator in your friend's apartment when it is on, because you'll never notice...funny story.

Still though, I must agree with Drew. Having a firearm may not have had any difference, unless you had the foresight to know that they had planned to pull weapons on you or the time between the actual incident began and the stabbing itself to draw your own weapon. While they would have likely fled then, this is only if it happened that way (not sure if it did or not, as you haven't explained that part). If it did, then yes, but if not, the firearm still however may have ended the event sooner, as had you been stabbed the first time, you would have likely had time to remove your weapon before the second.

talismandave is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Even if they get all their "stabs" in, you can still plan on tagging them before you release them. Makes identifying them much easier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.