I think that the fact that it had side draft Webers instead of the down draft Webers used in other applications made a real difference. Also my car was a pre 1968. All cars imported to the U.S. (legally) during or after 1968 had to have anti smog devices to conform with federal and state law. Since my Lambo would be living in California with the strictest smog laws, I wanted to get a car built prior to 1968 to be sure I had no trouble with customs and registering it in CA. That is the reason I didn't buy a new one when I bought mine in 1968. I later found out, talking with Jack Robbins (the West Coast Lamborghini tech rep) that the detoxed cars imported after the new law had some problems with vibrations at around the 2000 rpm point. It was thought that this vibration was caused by the smog control equipment. My car was free of this equipment and never suffered from this problem. Many of the low volume "exotics" suffered from similar problems in the period following the new laws in 1968.

As I have mentioned before, I used to work on Lambos, under the supervision of Frank Monise, when I was home on vacation from overseas, I do remember that the Miuras with their down draft Webers were more trouble some than the Lamborghini true GT cars (like the 400 GT, Espada, Jarama, etc.) which all used the side draft Webers. The Ferrari road cars of the fifties and sixties also used down draft Webers and were by reputation quite finicky.

For the first 3 years of its' life with me my Lambo spent 11 months of the year in storage, as I was only home, to California for one month out of the year. It was only my daily driver for one year and then became "weekend" car. But you are right when it was driven it was driven in "spirited" fashion. An "Italian Tune Up" is always a good way to keep a high performance engine in good running order. Our Northstars included!