Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did in General Discussion; Plymouth Neon...nuff said. Id rather keep the Chevy Celebrity longer than one of these little turds...
    vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did

Plymouth Neon...nuff said. Id rather keep the Chevy Celebrity longer than one of these little turds

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Car is shouldnt've owned, but did

1972 Volvo station wagon 4 cyl 4 speed (bought new). Slow, expensive, temperamental money pit.

1980 Ford Mustang V-8 auto (bought new). A ??? 260 ??? c.i. slug. The Fox body.

1992 Ford Taurus LX 3.8 (bought new). Decent, slow, unassuming. (Should have coughed up the bucks for the SHO.)

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Car is shouldnt've owned, but did

I won't bore the veterans of Forums with an iteration of my Audi woes. For newcomers to this site let me just say my Audi 5000S was the worst car experience I have ever had!

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentm
    Plymouth Neon...nuff said. Id rather keep the Chevy Celebrity longer than one of these little turds
    I see your neon and raise you a 1987 dodge reliant K

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: Car is shouldn't have owned, but did

Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    I see your neon and raise you a 1987 dodge reliant K

oh damn....:|

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.
    1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV.

BlueAngel#07 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS PERFORMANCE / 2007 DTS - GONE
    Pontiac Phoenix ...... The pain of a black walled four banger rolling trash can.

Attachment 107375

OOOOH YEAH-WHO

just like mine only mine had no hub caps and was on fire.

Can't forget the dodge dart from nineteen hundred and seventy five......which was also on fire... Nice

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

2003 Trailblazer LT don't buy one.... I know this truck almost inside and out since something is always braking on it with only 60K miles.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    2003 Trailblazer LT don't buy one.... I know this truck almost inside and out since something is always braking on it with only 60K miles.
    Strange my friend has 200k miles on his and hasn't had any issues with it. Water pump, 1 window regulator, control arm bushings and blower motor. That's all.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    Strange my friend has 200k miles on his and hasn't had any issues with it. Water pump, 1 window regulator, control arm bushings and blower motor. That's all.
    Hes lucky then..... A new set of tires at 27K miles, All bulbs have been replaced, 2 sets of brakes, Drinks brake fluid, Trans might be going, Blower motor is going, CD player is dead, 4WD only engages when it wants, door weather stripping needs to be glued back on since there known for hanging down, New coil packs since the hood leaks water and the channel goes right over them, The tail gate plate holder seems to have bubbling glue, Wheels started pitting and fading at 30K miles, Blows fuses like all hell, Rust is starting to form under the rear doors, Problems with locking it with either remotes Endless amounts of problems and that is not the whole list...

BlazerZR5 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): none

^lol.

'03 Hyundai Elantra GT(bought new) started falling apart at 70,000miles,cracked manifold,cracked secondary converter,bad links,ate through rear pads&rotors like candy! sold it at 100,000miles

'05 Hyundai Sonata LX(bought new for '04 Christmas present for wife) stayed at the dealer,constant issues from leaking freeze plug at 29k to failed engine at 68k and everything in between from handles breaking off in my wife's hand,to squirters not working! it also had a serious Michelin mxv4 plus habit every 20k ,got it back from the dealer after warranty engine installed,and sold it at 69k.

I had a vehicle allowance and was corporate,cars where both special ordered loaded w/leather and all options,both black on black,and where delivered at cost...still wasn't worth it! haha!

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

This car:

Because it had this engine:

This became a common theme:

I bought it because it was clean and $8500. I wanted a DGGM Impala since 95. The guy I bought it from was an admin from the MinneSSota Impala SS club and I was told it was a bargain cause he sunk 9K into the motor about three years before I bought it. Drove it 300 miles and it started spitting rockers like a hockey player spits teeth:

Redid the heads and then I drove it another 100 miles when it lost oil pressure and before I could shut her down I spun two bearings. I bought a used stock motor, and put that in, but I just never trusted it. I still have the "built" LT1 in the garage but the car I sold for $6K after about 1000 miles and two years of ownership.

~HJ

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did

'78 Ford Fairmont wagon. The epitome of the Fix Or Replace Daily acronym.

BlazerZR5 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): none

Omg that impalla would fetch at least $10k here in that condition! seriously,I've seen some crazy stuff here for those,G body,and box Chevy.mostly stock,ragged cars.

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

I wouldn't pay 10K for an impala unless it was mint. This car was clean (MN car, but never driven in winter), but everything was played with. I bought it thinking the work on the engine was solid and I could drive it for a while. The aftermarket radio was a hack job installation and it had some major wiring issues, but it was clean and back then 8500 was a good deal. Turns out the work on the motor was a hack job as well. He was asking 12K for it for years and no one even looked at it. When he dropped it to 8500 in desperation I bit thinking it was a good deal. When I sold it fr 6K it was with a junkyard motor so I priced it as a clean project as that was what it really was. Right now It is about an average price. It had 109K miles on it when I sold it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.