Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did in General Discussion; Originally Posted by Ranger THAT was one hell of a deal............................for the debtor. I had an '87 Chevette. 80K, no ...
    MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    THAT was one hell of a deal............................for the debtor.
    I had an '87 Chevette. 80K, no rust, one dent, $500..... I figured, why not? All it ever needed was a water pump. Fun little car.

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Re: Cars I shouldn't have owned, but did

Quote Originally Posted by Koooop View Post
    Someone owed me $800, he gave me a Chevette.
    My girlfriend's family had a Chevette when she was growing up, which left her stranded on more than one occasion. She always refers to it as "that damn Chevette."

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    K car... Enough said.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Ahh. That is how I got my '68 Bonneville. Someone owed me a sum of money and gave me that. Of course, I have actually enjoyed my motorbike, even if it spends most of it's time twenty miles from me, locked in storage in a separate county.

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter
    My girlfriend's family had a Chevette when she was growing up, which left her stranded on more than one occasion. She always refers to it as "that damn Chevette."
    My dad's best friend's dad had one back in the 80s. My dad's friend drove it one day and rolled it (made a hard right at 40 mph- he figured his roadrunner did it no problem so the chevette could do it). Blew out all the glass and smashed it up really good. He kicked out the windshield, rolled it back over, and drove it home. His dad was majorly pissed.
    77CDV and 77CDV like this.

RetiredSFC 97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

Man you guys have had some clunkers I had some friends who had chevettes, Pintos, mavericks etc. But one frined had a Plymouth Arrow. He was in the Army and it was cheap, and inexpensive to drive. Not a bad car but it was just a Chevette really.

No one here mentioned Pacer I can't think of a car I shouldn't have owned. I had a rusted out 78 TA once but it was only temporary so no big deal. Other than that I've been pretty happy with my cars.

Oh yeah. That 77 Chv Silverado. Paid lots of money for a Pick Up that was wore out when I bought it. Live and learn.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Two of my coworkers had Chevettes (many, many moons ago). They burned so much oil we used to bring them our drain oil after an oil change. They just kept dumping it in one end and out the other. On the day they decided to put them out of their misery they had a little demolition derby in the company parking lot. Those of us in the know laughed our asses off. Those who where not in the know where in shock. They thought they where witnessing the worst case of road rage from one guy stealing the others parking spot. They just took turns ramming each other, then drove off leaving the unsuspecting in utter disbelief.
    Jesda, Jesda, 77CDV and 5 others like this.

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacLuke24 View Post
    Likewise. But I've only had one Cadillac
    That's ok. I was only on my second Cadillac when I was 22.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I guess I KIND of regret buying that '99 S320 I had. The only part I regret is what I spent (~$8,000) on repairs and maintenance over the two years I owned it. Otherwise, it was one hell of a car and something I'm still proud to say I have owned.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor
    A Cotillion White over Red, 1984 Biarritz Convertible, complete with period correct cragar wire wheels, continental kit and custom pimp grill.

I purchased the car while under the influence.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

That's obvious.
    Koooop, Koooop, gdwriter and 5 others like this.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    If I ever had a Chevette, just to avoid embarrassment I'd call it a 'vette..and hope no one ever caught on.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Lol. Nah, I liked mine. there was no way to drive around unnoticed anyway, it was bright red. Bought a chrome emblem and stuck it on the tailgate "SIZE MATTERS" .

cadillac kevin is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by Koooop
    A Cotillion White over Red, 1984 Biarritz Convertible, complete with period correct cragar wire wheels, continental kit and custom pimp grill.

I would rock the shit outta that....given I put a reliable motor in it

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I guess I KIND of regret buying that '99 S320 I had. The only part I regret is what I spent (~$8,000) on repairs and maintenance over the two years I owned it. Otherwise, it was one hell of a car and something I'm still proud to say I have owned.
    Some might think owning the Mercedes S320 at your young age was a mistake. I would beg to differ, you learned some very valuable life information by owning that car. First you came to understand what real quality of manufacture, materials and design aspiration were about. And you learned the limitations of these attributes in achieving true luxury status. You learned the advantages and disadvantages of "over engineering" and the practical value of this attribute as it applies to what are essentially utilitarian devices. I think you came to understand, at least to a certain degree, the true essence of the term "luxury" and the reality of its' meaning in American life and conditions. You also experienced the pride and enjoyment of owning a truly fine possession, but also the cost of enjoying that privilege! All this knowledge gained will make your life, as you go along much more enjoyable as you are able to more wisely pursue your objectives.

I wouldn't exchange my ten year ownership of my Lamborghini 350 GT for anything for all the reasons mentioned above. Although the Lamborghini's cost of ownership were not as onerous as the Mercedes were for you, there were still factors that would keep me from ever wanting to own another car like it. The car's materials and design stood the test of time, but as time went buy and I came to appreciate just how rare (there were only 124 ever made) and
    wonderful a car the was, and this lead to very limited use of it and the ever present concern that something would happen to it. As much as I love the car, I was very happy to let a collector take over the responsibility of owning such a car!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.