Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Introduction

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Aztec ETC ECS 
#1 ·
Hi I'm Søren, I live in Denmark, and my daily transportation is a Lotus Elan 1971.

Unfortunately I don't own a Cadillac myself, but my friend has just got a
CADILLAC SEVILLE 1978 V8 5,7.

He is very busy at his job, and since I am retired, I have the time to try to help him out, solving a few minor problems with the car.

Item #1: The car has to pass vehicle inspection, and the first thing to be checked is the vehicle identification number.
One label with the number was found behind the corner of the windscreen, but the number also has to be stamped into the frame, and nobody was able to find its position, where should I look?

Item #2: The coolant temperature sensor seems to be defective.
It reads about 10Mohms, while the identical air temperature sensor reads about 1kohms, and seems to be OK.
Where can I buy new temp. sensors?

#2 · (Edited)
Wow, a seventy-four year old driving a 1971 Lotus Elan! You must be a very unique individual . not just in Denmark, but probably the world!

I owned a 1975 Seville, bought it new and drove it for over eight years ...... helped get through the automotive doldrums of the 1980's. It was great car, I hope you will be able to help your friend get his '78 back on the road.

#7 · (Edited)
I'm Jim also known as 2many hotrods. if you saw the inside of my garage you'd figure it out.
My 1999 Eldorado ETC is my pride and joy. It's the pearl white color with the beige leather interior,stock chrome wheels and a new set of Vogue sneakers and and a not so stock set of pipes.
I've owned a 70, a 72 and a 75 Eldorado over the years but have been Cadillac free for many years until the 99 dropped into my arms.
Looking forward to swapping tales and tips with the rest of the Forum.
When I figure it out I'll post up some pictures, ok?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.