Gettin' reacquainted with Cadillac Forums!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Gettin' reacquainted with Cadillac Forums! in General Discussion; Good to get back with the Cadillac Forum site again. I was an active member back in the mid-2000's, under ...
    JRau61 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 1991 Brougham: (sold)

Gettin' reacquainted with Cadillac Forums!

Good to get back with the Cadillac Forum site again. I was an active member back in the mid-2000's, under the name 91Brougham. I
    generally hung out in the FWD and RWD DeVille areas, and had (at the time, a beautiful 1991 Brougham in Antelope Firemist with the Antelope leather interior. Now, however, I (or rather my son) owns a pristine '93 Sedan DeVille. I am hoping to find out how many '93's were painted in this rare combination: Taupe Metallic with the Dark Plum lower bodysides. Plus this one has the Esteem cloth interior, also in Taupe. Pics are posted in the FWD DeVille area of this forum.

Anyway, hope to get re-acquainted with some of you veterans: I LUV Caddys8792, Jesda, and others...

JRau

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Gettin' reacquainted with Cadillac Forums!

Welcome back, JRAU!

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

I have no Idea who you are but you seem to be an old timer so I should get you up to speed on things. First off, I am Kind of a big deal around here so you should know my name. Second off, you need to submit your posts to me first so that I can approve them or edit them to make me look more favorably. I wouldn't want any dissenters getting their opinions onto the interweb. It also serves as a point for me to add my jabs at Rick and Drew into random posts. Thirdly is reserved for future directives to be declared at my discretion.

So welcome and enjoy yourself a little, not too much though, just a little.

~HJ

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Well it took you long enough. The other day I was watching the video I took of your car:

I can't believe it's been five years!

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

That was a great Brougham. I can still remember you burning rubber UP that parking ramp!

Welcome back John, I look forward to hopefully seeing your kid's DeVille at an upcoming meet.

Have you still got your massive brochure collection? Still selling Toyotas?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

77CDV is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB

Welcome back!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Nice to see you again, John. Hoover sends a hearty, "Woof!" He and I have taken two other cross-country road trips since Des Moines in 2007.

Thanks for introducing yourself HJ. I do have some pics of my son's '93, and of that beautiful '91 Brougham I owned back in '07. And yes, I am an old school Cadillac fan. I love the classic Cadillacs of 1960 -1966, and the 1975 and 1976 Cadillacs as well. I will try to keep my enjoyment of the site to a minimum, as you requested...
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZZARDJOHN View Post
    I have no Idea who you are but you seem to be an old timer so I should get you up to speed on things. First off, I am Kind of a big deal around here so you should know my name. Second off, you need to submit your posts to me first so that I can approve them or edit them to make me look more favorably. I wouldn't want any dissenters getting their opinions onto the interweb. It also serves as a point for me to add my jabs at Rick and Drew into random posts. Thirdly is reserved for future directives to be declared at my discretion.

So welcome and enjoy yourself a little, not too much though, just a little.

~HJ

----------

Jesda--U DA MAN!!!! It is good to be back, and I'm SO glad you took video of that ride in my Brougham. I had NO idea you were taping, but am SO glad you did. It took me quite a while to find that video a few years ago, and now I have it saved so I can relive the memory of that beautiful car. I saw it again last year in April, when I went back to Newton, Iowa to see some friends. The lady I sold it to has since replaced the correct width white walls, and the car was not nearly as clean as I kept it, which made me sad. I would love to be able to buy it back, but alas, no can do....

JRau61

----------

Hey, there, my man. I did really love that Brougham. I was so nervous about squealing the tires that evening, but thought I'd give it a go anyway...

When is the next meet? Stephen is not as interested in cars as I am, and in fact, he doesn't drive his car all that much. I arranged a college tour and we took his car then. He drove it there, but prefered I drive it back home. He knows he picked out a nice car, but cars aren't his "thang," so to speak. He's really into Monster Hunter 3 on his Wii U.

Yes, I do still have that massive brochure collection, and am hoping to go and get them out of storage up in Illinois. No, the slow winter months doomed me at Olathe Toyota. Anyhoo, stay in touch, buddy!

Thanks, and now that I see your username, I think I do remember you. I love the pale yellow color of the mid-70's Cadillacs!

Here are some pics of my son's '93 Sedan DeVille. It is in a rare color combination: Taupe metallic with Dark Plum lower bodysides, with the Taupe Esteem cloth interior. I'm bettin' it's a pretty rare combination, and would love to know how many of these were produced. Anyway nice to re-acquaint myself with you.

JRau61
    Attached Images

Hey, there gdwriter! I do remember you also, and who could forget HOOVER!!!! I so miss having a dog now. Anyway, hoping that Sandy is still on this site and can answer my questions about my son's '93 color combination. Take care, JRau61
    Quote Originally Posted by gdwriter View Post
    Nice to see you again, John. Hoover sends a hearty, "Woof!" He and I have taken two other cross-country road trips since Des Moines in 2007.

----------

Talismandave, you're on another Caddy site, aren't you? Any pics of the '74? That Talisman would be a rare model indeed. JRau61
    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.