Hollywood (BS) logic - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Hollywood (BS) logic in General Discussion; Originally Posted by The-Dullahan Sometimes, I suppose it cones down to the fact that even the "bad guys" can't hit ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Hollywood (BS) logic

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    Sometimes, I suppose it cones down to the fact that even the "bad guys" can't hit their target either.
    Absolutely. My old man was a bank manager in the '60s. The bank was robbed. The cops arrived as the robber was leaving. My old man jumped into the cop car that ran the crook down. They stopped with the cars side by side. Cop and robber both jumped out of their cars and emptied their guns at each other over the top of the cop car (and my old man). Nobody was hit and the crook took off on foot. I guess adrenaline affects aim.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

^Oh yeah, definitely. A lot of people have difficulty hitting a target under those circumstances. Most don't even take the time to mentally count the shots they fire and only realize they are out of ammunition when their firearm goes click.

Not much for guns myself. You can get a lot done without them that a little bang-bang just never trumps. Besides, I have a girl for that. Not the reason I started working with her to begin with, but definitely what she specializes in. I think last time I had to assign a name to her job it was "Long-Range Artist"

CadillacCastle is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1998 Deville

I want a movie gun because some of them never need reloaded and get shot for hours. All of the reality shows are scripted Duck Commander just got a raise to 200,000 per episode, Chum Lee of Pawn stars gets 25,000 per episode (not bad). Storage wars buyers are multimillionaires. Barry 8 million, Brandy 975,000, Darrel 1.5 mil. You would think these were just junk dealers. They are entertaining.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

CadillacLuke24 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Alexandra - 96 SDV --- Clyde - 15 Silverado

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacCastle View Post
    I want a movie gun because some of them never need reloaded and get shot for hours. All of the reality shows are scripted Duck Commander just got a raise to 200,000 per episode, Chum Lee of Pawn stars gets 25,000 per episode (not bad). Storage wars buyers are multimillionaires. Barry 8 million, Brandy 975,000, Darrel 1.5 mil. You would think these were just junk dealers. They are entertaining.
    Like Ray was saying, she was lying out her ass when she said she was struggling to make ends meet. Twatwaffle.

The better the bad guy and the good guy know each other, the more likely they are to have an epic battle at the end of the film.

During said battle, the bad guy can mow down a ton of cops, but he can't hit the good guy at all.

No matter how fantastic the crash of any vehicle, if the good guy and bad guy are on it at the same time, they land unscathed, with a fiery inferno of a crash in the background.

This is interesting to see how much money they have. (if it is true). Barry is the richest on storage wars. http://how-rich.com/331/how-rich-is-barry-weiss/

It's my understanding that the Pawn Stars guys are only actually at the shop when they are filming, which is of course, how they make most of their money. However, I can personally vouch that ANY day you drive by, you can find a line going on for blocks as people wait to enter the store.

Even worse when all you drive are large antique cars (usually black) and apparently that makes you confusable for one of them, who is also apparently an avid fan of antique American motorcraft.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan View Post
    It's my understanding that the Pawn Stars guys are only actually at the shop when they are filming, which is of course, how they make most of their money. However, I can personally vouch that ANY day you drive by, you can find a line going on for blocks as people wait to enter the store.

Even worse when all you drive are large antique cars (usually black) and apparently that makes you confusable for one of them, who is also apparently an avid fan of antique American motorcraft.
    That's one thing I never understood about Pawn Stars. Why in the hell do you drive around in antique black cars when its 120 ****ing degrees outside. Better hope those ancient R12 air condition systems in your old Cadillac, lowrider Regal, or Imperial are working right.

I don't know. I never mind driving my black '73 Oldsmobile around Vegas. Cool too, because this Whole Foods place has these parking spaces for hybrid vehicles up in the front of their parking lots and I get to block them all off. Surprising number of Hipsters (Prius-Owners) in the Vegas area, most likely sue to our proximity to Seattle/California.

Of course, in Florida I had always done the same. My Cadillac is black and when I rebuilt the Pontiac, the only realistic option was to make it triple black. I drove the Cadillac around in FL weather (which is way worse than Nevada, because though it is not as hot, it is VERY humid) WITHOUT Air conditioning for like...three years.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Believe me, a well functioning '60's air conditioning (HVAC) system is more than up to cooling a 1960's size car (black of other color). I would think the "Old Man's" cars are in tip top condition so that he can enjoy then heat or cold !

RippyPartsDept is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

This is interesting to see how much money they have. (if it is true). Barry is the richest on storage wars. http://how-rich.com/331/how-rich-is-barry-weiss/
    I always thought that it was pretty obvious that Barry was wealthy

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Believe me, a well functioning '60's air conditioning (HVAC) system is more than up to cooling a 1960's size car (black of other color). I would think the "Old Man's" cars are in tip top condition so that he can enjoy then heat or cold !
    yup - R12 cools better than R134a ... waaay better

R12 is where it's at. Only what the kids call "Noobs" these days are dumb enough to convert them.

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70,

He was the only one who came into the show with money already.

I know nothing about this Storage Wars show. I am pretty familiar with the the concept, mind you (plenty of work experience with SU auctions. I have even put things in them and intentionally let the lease expire, because I was tired of people not claiming their belongings and would rather actually invest the effort in doing that over simply trashing them) and I can say that MOST people who do it already have a lot of money. That is how they fund their collections/warehouses/storechains that sell what they find.

On a related note, it is also a good way to find illegal firearms, stolen goods and the occasional murder victim. My understanding is that it happened to one of the chaps from that show one time even (not sure who, but I gather he is a Redneck, if that narrows it down)

Somehow, I feel that this does not regularly get mentioned on the show nor do they talk about the 100 other people who show up at these auctions, as there seems to be a general "cast" from what the lot of you are saying. If something like it DID happen, I imagine the quantities of stolen goods or money would be completely over dramatized and there would be plenty of Hollywood cop cars and whatnot on film and worried reactions from the cast member who purchased the locker.

It is sad that one of the buyers commited suicide Mark Balelo in Feb. http://tv.yahoo.com/news/storage-war...222921542.html It is sad that he did not get help or talk to someone to change his thinking. RTP Mark

CTSCHICK Guest

Grandpa munster haha

Thanks I always wondered about that because of the way he tossed money around and lost it

17. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.