Looking for a good "toy" car! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Looking for a good "toy" car! in General Discussion; Originally Posted by talismandave Saturn Sky? Oh that's not a bad idea. The Redline especially. Or the Pontiac version, the ...
    truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by talismandave
    Saturn Sky?
    Oh that's not a bad idea. The Redline especially. Or the Pontiac version, the Solstice GXP. I love those cars

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Re: Looking for a good "toy" car!

G8 gt?

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Based upon what I've read, it looks like Ben has already decided on an E46 Coupe. That's the way I'd go too! As a matter of fact, my 2004 3-Series Coupe brochure was photographed in Hawaii. Would you consider the newer body style, or is it out of your price range?

But, considering the E46 3 Series Coupe, you've gotta look at the G35 Infiniti as well as the 350Z.
    ben.gators and ben.gators like this.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Actually picking up an E92 coupe wouldn't be such a bad idea. Other than the high pressure fuel pump problems on the early '07 335i's they have been quite reliable cars - more reliable than the E46 was. The newer models use electric water pumps that have seen nearly 150k+ miles on one, compared to 75k or so for the older models. Electrical gremlins don't seem to be as numerous either, though my E46 has (knock on wood) not suffered from any of that. However the new ones aren't as easy to work on and require to be taken to BMW rather than the more DIY friendly nature of the E46 which I have come to enjoy. As I speak I have my new differential bushings, driveshaft center support bearing and flex disk being shipped to me to work on this weekend with a buddy of mine. Having a car that is DIY friendly really makes working on cars quite enjoyable.

155k miles on my E46 and the motor is still smooth as silk; smoother in fact than my grandfathers brand new 3.6 V6 in his LaCrosse and certainly smoother than my Northstar was. All of my money spent has been on suspension and cooling system work. About $1500-$2000 but the car is practically all brand new underneath.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    My thoughts exactly. If I lived there I'd have to buy a bigger sailboat and stay on the water as much as possible !
    Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    To be honest if I lived on Oahu I'd find a different hobby! A "quick" car on a small island that hyas heavy traffic seems to me a total waste of time. Take up sailing or deep sea fishing or some thing that involves the strengths that the Islandshavee to offer.
    1- You need to do what you enjoy to do, not what the crowd does, or not what the typical activities of the location are!
    2- Yes, living in Hawaii enables you to do some adventures that people living in Ohio can not even dream of it. But does it imply that you must do them?
    3- Sometimes people living in the mainland think that we, who live in Hawaii, are always wearing red aloha shirts, top buttons left undone, and we have a leis around our neck, walk to the beach every evening and seat in a beach bar, and Hawaiian girls serve us tropical cocktail! That doesn't happen! Trust me.... The normal and regular life in Hawaii is pretty much the same as the mainland.
    4- There are a lot of people who move to Hawaii just to enjoy the weather and do all of those activities you mentioned. But there are lot of professionals who have moved to Hawaii just because of their jobs. These people are pretty much busy with their jobs and normal life. I know a lot of people in the university who never ever go to Waikiki area, or any other beach.
    5- Boating, fishing, etc, are specific tasks for your free time, if you have any. But a fun car is something that you can enjoy everyday. you can enjoy a fun car every morning, when you are driving to work, and every evening when your are driving back to your home. This is how you can make your daily life fun! You see the point?
    6- As for the swimming and sailing, so what you say is that every weekend I need to wake up, wear a speedo or maybe "Borat style mankini" , walk to the beach, jump into the water, and splash the water around, just because I live in Hawaii and I must have such hobbies?

7- I am just trying to make my real everyday life a little bit more fun. So I am looking for a fun car, and that is why I posted this thread to see what cars people suggest!

----------

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Based upon what I've read, it looks like Ben has already decided on an E46 Coupe. That's the way I'd go too! As a matter of fact, my 2004 3-Series Coupe brochure was photographed in Hawaii. Would you consider the newer body style, or is it out of your price range?

But, considering the E46 3 Series Coupe, you've gotta look at the G35 Infiniti as well as the 350Z.
    This is true! An E46 coupe, ideally with a 3.0L engine, is what I am looking for. But I have an eye on Camaros, GTOs, V1s as well. I am not interested in the newer models, because: 1) they are ugly, 2) out of my price range, and 3) I have heard that E46 is a better drivers car than the newer models, although performance-wise the newer models leave the E-46 in the dust!

BTW, G35 is a good one. Good thought, thanks! Nissan 350Z, at least the model years that are in my budget, are too plain for my liking.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    There will be no CTS-V for 2014 while the CTS is in its 1st year. Prices on used Vs will go up, or severely slow down in depreciation...
    I have been reading V-1 and V-2 forums, and there was a discussion about what will happen to market value of V2s when they discontinue the model, and I read this theory there too. I am not going to say this is true or false, because I am not sure. But I can say that this theory is based on this assumption that the demand will be the same, this is the supply that will be reduced, and as a result the prices may even go up. But I have a problem with the "constant demand assumption". Buyers are going to be aware of the fact that two new Vs will be on the lots, ATS-V and CTS-V. As a result, they might not be willing to pay top dollars for a model that is going to be the old model pretty soon. So what I say is that the demand and the supply will go down at the same time. The important question is which will go down more than the other, the supply, or a demand that is willing to pay top dollars? I don't know the answer. But I am not going to take a risk and pay top dollars for a V1.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    G8 gt?
    Too expensive!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

E46 coupe or convertible is perfect. Don't pass up an offer on a clean 325 as they are typically easier to find than the 330's.

Cadillac Allante?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac kid03 View Post
    cadillac allante?
    fwd!

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    fwd!
    I'm out i'm not good at picking cars for other peoples lol. Last one 1970 Cutlass?

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    E46 coupe or convertible is perfect. Don't pass up an offer on a clean 325 as they are typically easier to find than the 330's.
    I may consider a 2.5L if I stumble upon a good one, but I really dislike convertibles. I don't feel comfortable in a convertible car, even if the top is up! Even more, a convertible car is usually heavier, slower, and structurally less rigid than the coupe version.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03 View Post
    I'm out i'm not good at picking cars for other peoples lol. Last one 1970 Cutlass?
    Do you you really think that these cars are fun drivers cars, or you just come here and randomly name a car?

Quote Originally Posted by ben.gators View Post
    I may consider a 2.5L if I stumble upon a good one, but I really dislike convertibles. I don't feel comfortable in a convertible car, even if the top is up! Even more, a convertible car is usually heavier, slower, and structurally less rigid than the coupe version.

----------

Do you you really think that these cars are fun drivers cars, or you just come here and randomly name a car?
    / To me yes the cars i listed would be fun to own you can drag them track em and cruse in everyone i listed. The Cutlass you can get a Vert and there you go a fun fast car

----------

The sky i vote for this one looks good!

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03
    Cadillac Allante?
    You don't quite grasp what he wants as a toy car, do ya kid? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by truckinman View Post
    You don't quite grasp what he wants as a toy car, do ya kid? Lol.
    I do and don't to me a Allante would be a good fun car being that its a Vert and looks classic. My taste and others tastes are diffent.....

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
    My V1 was the most fun DD I've ever owned, but as an aging used car the navi and rear end issue would keep me away. A GTO would rock! I'd roll a mustang, V8, 5spd convertible with some grumbling exhaust. Plenty of room for the pineapples and coconuts In the trunk and a back seat for the firm young wahini.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Kid03
    / To me yes the cars i listed would be fun to own you can drag them track em and cruse in everyone i listed. The Cutlass you can get a Vert and there you go a fun fast car
    And he could put a horn on it that says Moo.

RetiredSFC 97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

A vette makes a good toy car. You can get C4-84-96 in your range if you look around, or a C5-97-04 for what you would be willing to finance. I've seen C5's go for as low as 10K. But a nice one will cost you in the 14 to 20 range.

I also always liked the old Cj series Jeeps for a fun vehicle to play around with.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.