I'm Thinking about buying a 3/4 ton 1989 suburban - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, I'm Thinking about buying a 3/4 ton 1989 suburban in General Discussion; Buy it for summertime cruising (I know you're a claimed man but chicks dig big trucks) and occasional hauling. Would ...
    Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: I'm Thinking about buying a 3/4 ton 1989 suburban

Buy it for summertime cruising (I know you're a claimed man but chicks dig big trucks) and occasional hauling. Would be so cool to own a truck like that.

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

April loves the Suburban, She's mad at me for putting it on craigslist already (I put it on there for $2200 as I am convinced it is worth that much to someone, not really wanting to sell it, but if someone buys it and I almost triple my money what the heck)

~HJ

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

You may get your money, but you'll also regret giving it up and probably have trouble finding "that truck" again

EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

Good luck. I paid $1,800 for a very clean, freshly painted '93 a couple years back. I'd keep it if I were you. You don't want to spend any more than you need to on one of these beasts.

HAZZARDJOHN is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1975 Coupe deVille d'Elegance, 05 Lesabre,91 Suburban 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    Good luck. I paid $1,800 for a very clean, freshly painted '93 a couple years back. I'd keep it if I were you. You don't want to spend any more than you need to on one of these beasts.
    I don't need or care if I sell it, but craigslist is free and if someone offered me 2K it would be gone in a hearbeat. In Minnesota to buy a truck that is not rusted through and runs good, you need to shell out a few more sheckles than other parts of the country. My wife is from Poplar Bluff MO and I was wanting to buy a truck down there, if it wasn't for the idea of 12 hours in a beater getting 10 MPG to get home.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!

Quote Originally Posted by HAZZARDJOHN View Post
    Is it weird that my 3/4 ton suburban has a with the biggest engine available has a smaller engine than my Cadillac?
    It should, it's probably a foot longer than your Suburban.

The-Dullahan is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Orange And Purple Lights.

Depends on how you look at it. The 454 was a big Chevy engine, but the Cadillac 472 and 500 were bigger...and damned well should have been.

My Cadillac (still not 500 powered) will still not actually catch up to the Chevrolet though, as that engine, while a "454" is authentically 510 cubic inches. Counting it as a 454 though, my GTO and former Lincoln still beat it in displacement (And my truck is nearly a thousand cubes, so...).

Honestly, I couldn't care any less about how many cubic inches an engine is. I just prefer it does what it does well. A Cadillac is comfortable, but a 454 Chevy truck makes a great work vehicle. They each have an engine that accommodates their respective markets, displacement aside.

On our unrelated topic though, of Vipers and Town Cars...I'd be more "embarrassed" to be have the Viper than a Town Car, but it's because of who and what I am.

Yeah, some guys drive around a Viper just for fun, because they adore the car and they enjoy ever second of it. But, the guy with the Town Car has a Chauffeur and really couldn't care any less about fun from "driving" the car. In fact, he probably doesn't drive at all. Also, from my perspective, being anything BUT a car enthusiast, the Town Car certainly looks a hell of a lot nicer. Having only ever been chauffeured in Town Cars, I can definitely say, it looks rather stately parked outside waiting for you, or in storage in 200+ space parking lot, next to all of it's identical siblings.

Also makes a better Limousine AND Hearse. How the **** can the Viper even compete with that?

lolwut

Maybe it's me. I'd rather be chauffeured. I'd not take a Town Car myself, but if given the choice between it and the Viper, I'd prefer to be chauffeured in the Town Car.

Though now that I think of it, while I really don't want either right now as a personal car, I would be much more likely go seek out a Town Car than a Viper, so I supose that means I like them more.

Minus whale get a bus pass

Meh. Never really liked in-town buses. Seems a waste of time. Buses are for getting from Scranton to Manhattan when you're five years old.

Though...I could always buy my own bus. That could be cool.

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan
    Meh. Never really liked in-town buses. Seems a waste of time. Buses are for getting from Scranton to Manhattan when you're five years old.

Though...I could always buy my own bus. That could be cool.
    Those are called RVs.

No, no. I'd like a bus, not an RV.

I could paint it black, put grilles over all of the windows and add some barbed wire and a plow...

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Dullahan
    No, no. I'd like a bus, not an RV.

I could paint it black, put grilles over all of the windows and add some barbed wire and a plow...
    So you want a vehicle to drive just in case we find out that zombies are planning an attack on us live folk. Gotcha. Where do I buy a ticket for this bus?

As a child I always wanted my own school bus. An adult version would be kind of like a tour bus. Friend of mine works for a company in Nashville that builds them for country stars.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.