Anyone got any great recipes to share?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
Community Lounge, Introductions and General Discussion Discussion, Anyone got any great recipes to share? in General Discussion; Back a few years ago we had some great cooking threads, wonder if anyone has any great recipes to share ...
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Anyone got any great recipes to share?

Back a few years ago we had some great cooking threads, wonder if anyone has any great recipes to share with us?

----------

Does anybody here like curry (Indian) dishes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Anyone got any great recipes to share?

I have about 7 different curries from Penzey's and use them regularly. One of my favorite spices.
    Most often I just soak a bunch of different beans in the crock-pot and them dump in whatever is on hand in meat and veggies.
    Then I will add either noodles, rice, barley, or quinoa. Once that mix is partially cooked I taste and decide what direction to go with flavoring and spices.
    Some of my favorite add-ins are.

Beer, wine, or whiskey.
    The brine from pickles, banana peppers, or olives.
    V-8, fruit juice, or whatever liquid I have saved in the freezer from cooked roasts or hams.

I keep a container in the freezer and add to it anything I would normally drain down the sink. When it is soup time I just pop it in the crock and see what I have. So in other words not big on recipes.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Im addicted to the pineapple and chicken curry dish served up at Tri City Thai restauraunt here

Stingroo is online now Wagon/Audio Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 92 Caprice Wagon | 01 Sonoma 4cyl 5spd | Past: 94 Fleetwood

I have a slew of low carb recipes, if anyone else is into that.

Pineapple and curry seem to go together really well. I'll have to put my English (milder) chicken (although pork or lamb would be good too) and pineaple curry on here in the near future. Served over rice with chooped peanuts sprinkled on top makes agreeat meal!

truckinman is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 3.6
    Some kinda meat......and cheese....and pasta....best ingredients right there for making anything and everything. And the 4th ingredient....an ice cold beer....nuff said
    dou1t2 likes this.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

boneless skinless chicken thighs, make a rub with ginger, brown sugar, rosemary, fresh minced garlic, and minced onion, salt, pepper, rub thighs with olive oil, combine said ingredients in a bowl, and then rub on the chicken, bake at 400f for 35-40 min, serve with Jasmine rice.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

As talismandave posted - get into www.penzeys.com and be hungry. Their hard copy catalogs always have decent recipes and their spices are absolutely the best.

Curry - we do everything from sweet to killer - lamb, chicken or beef or shrimp. Sharwoods chutneys.

2.5# beef rib roast. Rub in 2 tbsp of Penzey's English Prime Rib Rub. Vertical, bone down, baking pan/rack. Let warm to room temp. Smear one tbsp bacon grease over the fat side up. Pop into a 450 degree oven for 20 minutes, turn down to 350 and roast to an internal temp of 125 - 130. Remove, cover with tinfoil shiny side to roast, and let sit for 15 minutes. Mashed potatoes, brown gravy from beef drippings, peas or asparagus, cheap out and go with Pillsbury's frozen biscuits - buttermilk or grands. Decent bottle of cab sau. SHARP carving knife.

We are lucky enough to have a store here in town. If you get a chance to go into a store they have jars of everything that you can open and try. Their catalogs are a great source of cooking inspiration. I never tried their website?

At Sub's suggestion, several years back, I got myself on Pensey's mailing list and now receive their catalogues. I agree a great source of recipes!

Another thing I love is the spice mixes they make. Great for a quick dash of flavor to pre-made heat and eat or canned stuff, make great quick dips w/sour cream or cream cheese, and great for grilling burgers or steaks.
    They are also a good way for a spice novice to jump in to flavorful cooking without learning what goes well with what. That is also where the catalog is helpful, they describe the spice well, tell you how to use it and give you recipes.
    orconn and orconn like this.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Just signed my wife up for Pensey's catalog.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

My take on a cheese burger.

Get ground beef shape it into a patty.
    Put butter in a frying pan at high heat.
    Put the patty in the pan and flip every minute.
    Put two pieces of garlic bread in the oven while the burger is cooking
    When the burger is almost done put a slice of mozzarella on top and let it melt.
    When done put it together and put some tomato sauce on top.

For a side dish i just fry up some fries and put some garlic powder on.

cadillac kevin is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): chevy 350 powered 86 FWB, 00 safari h.t. 66 toro, 83 lesabre
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinman
    Some kinda meat......and cheese....and pasta....best ingredients right there for making anything and everything. And the 4th ingredient....an ice cold beer....nuff said
    Sounds like some of the best food I've made...some sort of meat+ some sort of cheese+ pasta+ beer= awesome.

Aron9000 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300

I know its kind of simple, but I have a buddy who hunts and has killed 4 deer this year. I have half a freezer full of venison burger, which I've made some simply banging chili. I love using venison because its a lean meat, this is actually somewhat healthy chili, it doesn't have any of that greasy taste which you associate with traditional beef chili. My recipe is a bit simple since I use the premade spice pack.

2 lbs venison, brown in a fry pan, drain what little fat there is. I usually add about 1/2 of a Kroger "Hot Chili" spice packet into the meat.

Put the browned venison into a pot, add 2 cans of diced tomatoes, 1 can of kidney beans, 1 can of pinto beans, half an onion chopped fine, half a bell pepper also chopped fine. Also add another whole packet of Kroger "Hot Chili" spice mix.

My secret with this chili is that you double the recipe listed on the spice packet, use 1/2 of the spice packet on the meat, and one whole spice packet in the soup later. Ends up that you have about 1/2 a spice packet left over, but from experience if you use both spice packets the stuff becomes too hot. I love a chili with a good heat, which is what you end up with 1.5 spice packets. 2 spice packets makes it too hot, not so hot you can't eat it, but it overpowers all the other complex flavors of the onions, beans, venison, etc.

Anyways, you bring it to a boil, cover it, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until those onions are cooked.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.